PDA

View Full Version : Don't you love it when...

ExpectoPatronum
July 15th, 2013, 02:18 AM
You finally find some magical combination that works wonderfully for your hair? Or solves your number one hair problem?

Today I discovered that if I let my hair air dry a little, then spritz it with more water and follow with a light coating of Shea Moisture's Reconstructive Elixir, my hair is virtually frizz free, extremely soft, and very shiny without being oily! For some reason, I don't get this result if I put the Shea Moisture stuff on my wet hair. It's like spritzing it with water makes the difference. I must have some thirsty hair for it to need extra water.

I'm seriously stoked, though. I have battled this frizz and dryness for what seems like forever and I finally have the tame, sleek hair I've dreamed of.

So, what combos have you found to work wonders on your hair?

lulana
July 15th, 2013, 02:48 AM
I love the combination of Oil (Olive, or Dabur Vatika) and KCKT on wet hair, it seems that it keeps the oil in place and gets me the most manageable hair with combing after the hair is dry.

NoRush
July 15th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Oiling with argan oil before washing and a combo of hair masks (my secret potion :D) It leaves hair detangled, smooth and shiny :wethree:

jacqueline101
July 15th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Yes I do love those moments when we perfect our hair. I love my current hair care. I use vo5 split ends shampoo and conditioner. I use water deluted Monistat and keep me strong leave in conditioner.

Emanuelle
July 15th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Combining plopping for 15 minutes and softhood bonnet for an hour gives my ringlets great definition, frizz free hair :D

Vampyria
July 15th, 2013, 09:51 AM
My hair got a little weird after I hennaed. It didn't like AO GPB conditioner any more (got kind of waxy, coated, rough when dry), and felt like nylon and tangled a lot while wet. I almost regretted hennaing and I've also blamed my sulfate free shampoo.

So, I switched to Urtekram Aloe Vera conditioner that I had at home, but never impressed me as much as AO did. And it actually works really well. I also have coconut oil as pre-wash, but I discovered that agave syrup works wonders, if I wash my hair with my clarifying shampoo after (smooth, shiny, soft hair).

PinkyCat
July 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Yes. Freaking yes.

I recently realized that my hair likes to be CO washed and that's it. No re-applying CO to leave in for the remainder of the shower. Just CO and rinse rinse rinse.

Curly shiney happiness.

sumidha
July 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Oil + Shampoo = <3

alexis917
July 15th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I thought my hair loved cones but apparently, VO5 doesn't have any!
Guess I didn't need them as much as I thought- my hair is much shinier now, surprisingly.

CurlyCaz
July 15th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Does anyone know if V05 shampoo and conditioner in the UK has cones?

I've had success with cone free conditioner only washing then I stopped. I've been using the Body Shop SLS and cone free shampoo and conditioner but it's making my hair look all thin and gappy.

Might try the VO5 range or just go back to coney shampoo and conditioner. :confused:

honeybunnie8
July 15th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Yes. I didn't realize my hair needs to be chelated every few weeks to keep my ends from not being crispy. Before I had been cutting it off because I thought it was just damaged.

~Jae~
July 15th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I used to only wash my hair once a week, thinking that washing too much would dry it out. Recently I've realized that every three days is better and to apply olive oil hair lotion after while its still wet. And a deep conditioner every two weeks. I still have a few bits of frizz but I'm hoping that after it becomes more moisture balances it'll get better. But since joining LHC and applying my newfound knowledge my hair is much much much happier!!

samanthajenalyn
July 15th, 2013, 07:45 PM
yes! ive always thought i just had straight and frizzy hair, but since i found this site i have been co-washing only and have also stopped using cones and sulfates. my hair looks and feels so much better now! :)

~Jae~
July 15th, 2013, 07:57 PM
yes! ive always thought i just had straight and frizzy hair, but since i found this site i have been co-washing only and have also stopped using cones and sulfates. my hair looks and feels so much better now! :)

Me too! No cones in this hair anymore. I wish I had found out about LHC sooner, I had so many bad hair habits before.

samanthajenalyn
July 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Me too! No cones in this hair anymore. I wish I had found out about LHC sooner, I had so many bad hair habits before.
so did I! and i always wondered why my hair would never grow. I was the worst at shampooing and flat ironing everyday :doh: im so happy i found this site, it's helped my hair so much.