PDA

View Full Version : Can it be scalp issue

Vijikanth
July 14th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Hi Long hairs. Past two months had been disastrous for my hair. Its thinned beyond imagination. The hair is coming out along with the root itself. There is no hair breakage. Just finger combing is pulling chunks of hair out. Nowadays am afraid of washing my hair. I restrict to shampooing once a week and washing twice a week. Cant see so much of hair coming out. I take utmost care of my hair. I keep it clean, I exercise. Drink plenty of water. Eat healthy food. Handle my hair gently. What could be the issue. Is something wrong with the scalp. How do I stop hair loss/fall. This is giving me so much of stress.

Sowka
July 14th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Hello Vijikanth :)

Severe hair loss can have several reasons. There might, for instance, be a lack of certain minerals in your body, or (as it was the case with me) problems with the thyroid gland. I think it would be best if you went to see your doctor to find out what causes this condition if your general way of living and eating is healthy.

Sowka
July 14th, 2013, 11:54 AM
I hope that the reason can be found soon, and a treatment, and that your hair will recover soon.

(Sorry, I wasn't able to edit my post, but I wanted to add my good wishes :))

Firefox7275
July 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Please make an urgent appointment with your family doctor, you may have an undiagnosed systemic health issue.

PetuniaBlossom
July 14th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Yes, certainly consult your doctor as soon as you can.

Have you made any changes to your hair care routine or products within the last few months?

You say you shampoo once a week and wash twice a week - when you wash, is it a CO (Conditioner Only) wash? I ask because when I was CO-washing my hair, I experienced a tremendous hairfall.

I hope you can get it resolved as soon as possible and that your hair will come back thick and healthy. Best wishes.

winship2
July 14th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I'm sorry I don't have much useful to say, but I sympathize with you and hope you find the cause. Do see a doctor, possibly a natural doctor in addition to a conventional doctor, and stop CO if you're doing it. Also consider whether you have changed anything in your hair care routine. I have found three shampoos that cause my hair to fall out (and CO did too). I really wish you luck.

alexis917
July 14th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Have you started any new medications or significantly changed anything in your hair routine?
I do agree with everyone though, please see a doctor and make sure everything is okay!
Hopefully, you don't have any crazy hormonal imbalances or alopecia, and it's just something minor, like a reaction to a certain product!
Wishing you the best of luck!

Beborani
July 14th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Are you guy or girl? Your name sounds like a guy but responses seem to be for woman.

Leeloo
July 14th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I know a very low fat diet can cause a major fall out of hair, so make sure you have planty of healthy fats in your diet. But to be safe also do see a doctor.

lulana
July 15th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Go and see a doctor this could have several issues and you should check the following things:

-blood picture (maybe it has something to do with your thyroid?)
-Vitamins- and ferric
-Scalp (check if there is an eczema)
-hormones

Hope you find the reason soon so that you can recover in no time

Best wishes!

jacqueline101
July 15th, 2013, 07:33 AM
I'd go to the doctor and get some lab work done.

Firefox7275
July 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Are you guy or girl? Your name sounds like a guy but responses seem to be for woman.

Do they??? All I see is people suggesting a medical check up. Men can take prescription medication or have hormone imbalances - note that hormones are not just your female/ male ones, but control EVERYTHING from energy levels to appetite to sleep. Both diabetes and thyroid issues are endocrine disorders (ie. hormonal) and they are not gender specific.

Vijikanth
July 15th, 2013, 11:49 AM
hello everyone. thanks for the response nd suggestions. I shud hv given more info in the first place. apologies. I did change to a new shampoo. also tried ACV nd baking soda. that turned to be a tragedy. my hair accepted ACV. but retaliated bs. also tried CO too. now retired to old products. I previously washed everyday. after hair loss, restricted.
I'm male with 3 + years of curly hair. it is almost mid back.
I will surely have a medical check up. also would post a pic soon. thanks all once again