PDA

View Full Version : my first CWC

sarahthegemini
July 14th, 2013, 07:48 AM
I tried my first CWC today! (well ok that's a lie, I use this method to remove heavy oilings but that's it) I have been wanting to try this method as my regular wash for a while now - I shampoo daily as I have an oily scalp but my length is very rarely greasy, in fact today before washing, my length felt a little dry so I thougt cwc would be perfect. I can de-grease my scalp and condition my barely greasy, dry length. I used Tresemme 24 Hour Body conditioner - I slathered it on DRY hair (just the length), left it for 10 mins, added a bit of water to my hair, massaged a small blob of 'poo on my scalp and rinsed. I then followed up with conditioner again.

On the one hand, I was Impressed. My hair had fullness and body (I worried it'd go limp) and it looked nice except for one little section. On my left hand side, the underlayer was a little greasy. In a panic, I repeated the entire cwc process only this time I used H.E. Hello Hydration for the first co. I'm waiting for it to dry now, it feels good and has a lot of slip!

Just wanted to share :)
Eta: After looking at my hair, that same section (plus more) is looking greasy :( Any idea why this is?

jacqueline101
July 14th, 2013, 08:00 AM
I'm glad it worked for you.

Firefox7275
July 14th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Either you didn't do a good job of massaging that spot (most people use way too much shampoo and way too little elbow grease) or you are using ingredients that can build up, or you didn't massage well as you rinsed to get the excess conditioner out.

sarahthegemini
July 14th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Either you didn't do a good job of massaging that spot (most people use way too much shampoo and way too little elbow grease) or you are using ingredients that can build up, or you didn't massage well as you rinsed to get the excess conditioner out.

Am I supposed to really massage the conditioner whilst rinsing then? :o

PetuniaBlossom
July 14th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I think I do CWC slightly differently, it may account for the difference in results.

First, I apply a cheap, runny conditioner to my dry hair, (length and ends only) and leave it in for at least ten minutes.
Then, getting in the shower I wet my entire head thoroughly. (Including the conditioned parts.)
I use DILUTED shampoo to wash the scalp. Very important to dilute shampoo, IMO.
Then I rinse everything out pretty thoroughly and apply a thicker, richer conditioner to length and ends.
After completing all other showerly duties, I rinse out the second round of conditioner.
Then I use a white vinegar, EO (usually lavender or jasmine) and pure water finishing rinse and I do not rinse it out. Some people do rinse out but since it corrects the pH balance of the hair and scalp, I can't see messing with it with more tap/shower water.
Finally, I apply a few drops of baby oil to the ends while they are still quite wet, to seal in moisture.

I get good results with the above method. Hope this is helpful.

sarahthegemini
July 15th, 2013, 06:53 AM
I think I do CWC slightly differently, it may account for the difference in results.

First, I apply a cheap, runny conditioner to my dry hair, (length and ends only) and leave it in for at least ten minutes.
Then, getting in the shower I wet my entire head thoroughly. (Including the conditioned parts.)
I use DILUTED shampoo to wash the scalp. Very important to dilute shampoo, IMO.
Then I rinse everything out pretty thoroughly and apply a thicker, richer conditioner to length and ends.
After completing all other showerly duties, I rinse out the second round of conditioner.
Then I use a white vinegar, EO (usually lavender or jasmine) and pure water finishing rinse and I do not rinse it out. Some people do rinse out but since it corrects the pH balance of the hair and scalp, I can't see messing with it with more tap/shower water.
Finally, I apply a few drops of baby oil to the ends while they are still quite wet, to seal in moisture.

I get good results with the above method. Hope this is helpful.

That's pretty much my method too with the exception of the vinegar rinse (vinegar rinses make my hair fluffy) I'm gunna change up my routine slightly - I'm going to put the first CO on wet hair, and really massage it. See if thatyhelps eliminate the greasies.

sarahthegemini
July 15th, 2013, 03:00 PM
An update if anyone's interested :)

I CWC-ed again today, I did it slightly different to my previous attempt. I did the following:

Wet hair in shower
Slathered on a lot of H.E Hello Hydration onto my length
Put a teeny tiny drop of shampoo in my palm and diluted it (in my hand)
Massaged it into scalp
Rinse just the scalp by pulling my length forward and out of the way
Then rinse length thoroughly
Followed up with my usual conditioner, leave for 3 mins, rinse

Voila! My hair looks clean, NO greasy patches, I'm thrilled! I'm happy that I can get that clean feeling without drying/stripping my length. I worried my length would end up limp, but nope! Hopefully this will make a huge differene in the long term, as I'm going from shampooing my entire length every day to jut shampooing the scalp daily and conditioning the length instead! :D

A couple things I want to change about his routine:

I need to try and be a bit more precise when rinsing my scalp and keeping my length out of the way - my hair is only SL, so this is a bit tricky. Also, once I have rinsed my scalp, instead of rinsing the conditioner imedietly, I want to leave it on for a few minutes. My theory is, the conditioner can provide 3 services this way, 1) creating a shield to protect from shampoo, moisturise my hair, and remove any greasiness. I will then rinse out and apply my usual conditioner.

I'm so excited about this!