PDA

View Full Version : Question for girls with hip or longer hair

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I am going out today for some sort of bar/lounge and I was wondering what kind of hairstyle would you wear in such occasions.

I never go to this type of places so I don't really look weird wearing a cinnamon bun to the movie theatre or to a restaurant.
Here, however, most girls straighten their hair and don't tend to wear it up.
I think I'd look a bit weird wearing a bun to that kind of place :p

Sister13
July 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Two buns is kind of playful. Half-up with tendrils at your cheekbones. Even a tucked fake-bob is fun and protects your length.

Have a blast, girl!

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Two buns is kind of playful. Half-up with tendrils at your cheekbones. Even a tucked fake-bob is fun and protects your length.

Have a blast, girl!

Hahah thanks ;)
I'll start watching tutorials for double buns as I've never worn my hair like that.

Skade
July 13th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I think I'd look a bit weird wearing a bun to that kind of place

:hmm: I don't get it. Why would you look weird wearing a bun to a bar or lounge?

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 04:42 PM
:hmm: I don't get it. Why would you look weird wearing a bun to a bar or lounge?

Because there's people dancing/drinking and again, all girls here go to the beauty salon :/
Long hair here is rare so I just feel like a grandma when wearing it up in such places. To work is fine, to uni too, but there people show up all fancy with their hair just done, wearing heels and stuff.
But now my sister said my hair is too dirty and that I should wash it, so I guess I will end up going with my plain cinnamon bun haha

kitemera15
July 13th, 2013, 04:54 PM
I usually wear mine down when I go to places like that. If I'm worried about protecting the length, I sometimes throw it up into a braided bun with a fun hairstick, or a fancier braid worn over one shoulder, so it lies against my chest, making people much less likely to try to touch it.

butterfly_dream
July 13th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Mermaid braid maybe? It’s so cute!

CurlyCap
July 13th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Lots of girls here wear their hair up or in a bun to go out. I think what matters more than up or down is how formal the look is. If your hair is tied back severely or waaay to intricately styled (think bridal, prom, or bored-member-of-LHC), that draws negative attention.

My friends and I do lots of sloppy buns or updos, and usually accessorize with a pretty band, flower, or hair pin.

Where your hair the way you like to. It'll make you comfortable and then you can enjoy yourself.

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Thank you all for your answers :blushing:

CurlyCap haha 'bored LHC member'

Blackfire
July 13th, 2013, 05:14 PM
I don't see a problem with wearing a bun... just dress it up a bit with the popular lace briaded bangs that every girl on earth is doing and you should fit in just fine. OR do a nice braid... like the mermaid braid mentioned abonve. shows off the length and it very trendy and impressive.

Skade
July 13th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Because there's people dancing/drinking and again, all girls here go to the beauty salon :/
Long hair here is rare so I just feel like a grandma when wearing it up in such places. To work is fine, to uni too, but there people show up all fancy with their hair just done, wearing heels and stuff.
But now my sister said my hair is too dirty and that I should wash it, so I guess I will end up going with my plain cinnamon bun haha

Ok. Then I understand what you mean. But I have never cared if people think I look like a grandma when I wear it up. I´ve worked as a bartender and always had it up.
When I spent more time in bars, guys used to tell me that they wanted to eat my cinnamon bun, so I think it is a good bar-hairstyle. :cookie: And hair accessories are always good conversation starters. Go with a cinnamon bun if you feel comfortable in it, go, rock it and have fun! :toast:

Dark Queen
July 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I usually wear mine down, and just attach a clip to my purse in case I need to put it up.

dulce
July 13th, 2013, 05:22 PM
How about a French braid or a fancier looking ''relaxed French braid''[look up demo on utube] with big hoop earrings? Or a half up with a dressy fork and matching earrings?A half up twist with an African butterfly clip is nice too.Hip length hair is rare these days,so show it !

Blackfire
July 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I don't see a problem with wearing a bun... just dress it up a bit with the popular lace briaded bangs that every girl on earth is doing and you should fit in just fine. OR do a nice braid... like the mermaid braid mentioned abonve. shows off the length and it very trendy and impressive.

leslissocool
July 13th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Mermaid braid maybe? It’s so cute!

This would be so cute!!!

How about LillithMoon (http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon?feature=watch)'s styles? They are very trendy! I've done them and gotten many compliments, some look like a stylist did them in the end. The twisted rope braid one is gorgeous and celebrity inspired.

Quixii
July 13th, 2013, 05:31 PM
I don't really go to that type of setting, but if I want to look "fun" with people my age, I tend to either do a braid of a bun that's a little more messy. My go-to is my ponytail bun (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uGkbuwgsH8), which I can easily add a fun headband or pull some loose hairs forward to be curls or something if I want. Sometimes I'll do a Hawser braid, because thus far, that one has never failed to be a conversation starter. Even this guy who doesn't care about hair was pretty amazed by it!

luxepiggy
July 13th, 2013, 05:37 PM
I would say either leave it down or do a casual messy bun. In my social circles either of those would fit right in (^(oo)^)v

HintOfMint
July 13th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I would probably wear it down, but if you're comfortable with a bun, I can't imagine wearing a bun is THAT out of the ordinary. Usually clothing is something that makes people stand out, not that it's a bad thing. If it's not your scene, you don't have to dress to fit in (barring whatever dress code the place may have).

The last time I ended up in a bar/lounge situation with proper drinking and dancing, I was NOT dressed for the place. I had just left the symphony and was wearing a calf-length full skirted Audrey Hepburn type dress, with a cardigan, pointy black flats, and my hair in a ponytail. Somehow I ended up at a lounge/club type place with my date and his player-type friends. In flats I'm all of 5'2" and I was surrounded by amazonian women with high heels, tight pants, and straight swingy long hair. I could not have stuck out more, but I had a fantastic time dancing to hip hop, swilling jack and cokes until 3 AM, and making out on the dance floor. Go figure.

Try to have a good time, even though it's not the type of place you usually frequent, and wear what you like.

sumidha
July 13th, 2013, 05:48 PM
A high ponytail with a little bit of hair wrapped to hide the elastic would be really simple and 'club appropriate.' And you can do it messy and bed-heady or sleek and smooth depending on the look you're going for...

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 05:51 PM
I don't really go to that type of setting, but if I want to look "fun" with people my age, I tend to either do a braid of a bun that's a little more messy. My go-to is my ponytail bun (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uGkbuwgsH8), which I can easily add a fun headband or pull some loose hairs forward to be curls or something if I want. Sometimes I'll do a Hawser braid, because thus far, that one has never failed to be a conversation starter. Even this guy who doesn't care about hair was pretty amazed by it!

Omg I didn't know you gad a youtube channel hahah, and I loved that bun/ponytail mix, it's very nice looking, thanks for sharing!

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 05:52 PM
luxepiggy and HintOfMint the thing with wearing it down is that being my hair fine it tangles quite easily, plus, it's really warm where I live so I'd probably end up sweating and wanting to put it up.

Also, HintOfMint, that's the same situation here about the other girls' look. Places here tend to be racist/clasist and whatever other criteria they might use to discriminate you.
So looking nice and wearing something 'fancy' is sort of the rule here.

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 05:57 PM
How about a French braid or a fancier looking ''relaxed French braid''[look up demo on utube] with big hoop earrings? Or a half up with a dressy fork and matching earrings?A half up twist with an African butterfly clip is nice too.Hip length hair is rare these days,so show it !

Those are great suggestions, if only I owned a fork or an african butterfly clip. My only weapons are an old hairstick and some nice pins xP.
I might try a bun with some clips in, though.

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM
This would be so cute!!!

How about LillithMoon (http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon?feature=watch)'s styles? They are very trendy! I've done them and gotten many compliments, some look like a stylist did them in the end. The twisted rope braid one is gorgeous and celebrity inspired.

Thanks for the suggestion lesli, I'm afraid I'm not that skilled with braiding my own hair from the back, I've never tried doing it, the most I ever did was a french braid and even that was a bit hard :(

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 06:00 PM

Lol it's the first time I hear about the lace braided bangs you should know hahah

Puchuca
July 13th, 2013, 06:18 PM
You can rock a neat ponytail, it's pretty neutral, will keep you away from sweating and your usual buns I guess (plus showing off length) :o.

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 07:10 PM
So this is how I ended up going (well, Im leaving after posting this haha). My hair was still wet from washing it.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/149/oy0q.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/oy0q.jpg/)

Vanilla
July 13th, 2013, 07:15 PM
It looks really nice :). I like the stick and pins. Have a great time!

HintOfMint
July 13th, 2013, 08:51 PM
That looks awesome! Have a good time!