PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles for hot weather!

Arien
July 13th, 2013, 12:38 PM
For those enjoying this gorgeous hot weather spell... (or of course those who are lucky enough to live somewhere sunny all the time) How have you been wearing your hair?

I've either been French/Dutch braiding it and pinning it right up out of the way or bunning it. I've oiled it as well to keep it moisturised with the added benefit of keeping all those annoying wispy bits slicked back.

I've been having to wash it everyday at the moment, it's just so hot! 30 degrees C today! Phew! Can't complain though. I'm glad summer has finally arrived! :)

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I learnt how to do this one a few weeks ago and is the bun I've been wearing the most, or a braid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ9d4nidc0Y&list=PLD3F1DC95BFBC63F4&index=19

millyaulait
July 13th, 2013, 12:59 PM
My hair is constantly in a topknot, lol. I just can't have any hair touching me when it's hot!

Arien
July 13th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Oh I love a Cinnabun :). Much more impressive with that amount of hair. Mine is a bit on the small side lol. I agree with you milly, especially on the back of my neck!

battles
July 13th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Lately I've just been putting it in a topknot with a headband holding all the random wispies back. It doesn't look that great and I don't care. It's hot out.

LadyCelestina
July 13th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Errrrrr...bunned. Anything that gets it off my neck.I do my buns fairly high.

Buns are great.In the summer,they keep me from getting hot.In the winter,they help prevent getting hair stuck in coats.In autumn the wind doesn't mess it up,because it's bunned.The only season I wear my hair down a lot is spring :)

jacqueline101
July 13th, 2013, 02:07 PM
I have a different one a banana clip.

HollyG
July 13th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I actually prefer mine down as it protects me from the sun (where i can't reach with the cream) and providing i don't stay still too long it doesn't go sticky.
If it is incredibly hot I'll sometimes where a normal bun as it seems to stop my scalp sweating so much

nobeltonya
July 13th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I really like to do regular and braided Chinese buns [generally while it's still wet though..]. Ponytails, lazy wrap with a stick. :disco:

MidnightMoon
July 13th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Oh I love a Cinnabun :). Much more impressive with that amount of hair. Mine is a bit on the small side lol. I agree with you milly, especially on the back of my neck!

Lol haha same here, although my hair has a lot of volume on its own so I found that if I dont press the tail against the bun too tightly (when wrapping it around it) and then sort of pressed it to 'spread' the hair a bit it managed to look quite big.

melusine963
July 14th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Anything bunned and off my neck, really. So a cinnabun, nautilus, celtic knot, or lazy wrap bun in my case.

kme81
July 14th, 2013, 02:39 AM
I wear a cinnabun held with two small claw clips...it stays up for a long time and is easy to fix if it starts falling. I switch it up by making a side bun or making a knot bun/knot pony.

OP:...I couldn't help but giggle: 30C is a cool summer day over here...40C is the typical! (the reason for my "location" on my profile!) :cool: hehe! Enjoy your summer weather! :)

Arien
July 14th, 2013, 03:50 AM
I actually prefer mine down as it protects me from the sun (where i can't reach with the cream) and providing i don't stay still too long it doesn't go sticky.
If it is incredibly hot I'll sometimes where a normal bun as it seems to stop my scalp sweating so much

Ah yes, i can see where you are coming from on that one. The only time I really where it down is when it is wet... I find it quite nice and cooling then! :).

Lol the general consensus seems to be bunning then :). I haven't put my hair up with a claw clip for ages! I should fish mine out really..

Lol if we reached 40 degrees here I don't think anyone would get anything done! I'm already dubiously eyeing the kitchen floor which is covered with dry grass which the dog (plural actually at the moment) has trailed in, as my husband has just mowed the lawn and thinking Hmmm I should hoover that..... Meh..... :D

spirals
July 14th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I am not a fan of buns, as I feel my face is too exposed, and my hair is heavy and pulls. But on unbearably humid days I will do a bun. My hair's too thick even at waist to do most of the LHC buns, so I will do a braided cinnabun, which is really just a "cinna," because it won't even wrap around far enough to be a bun. My favorite is an orchid bun, but as the thickness travels down, it's getting harder and harder to do. The most comfy--weight-wise--'do is twin braids, but on a sticky day I don't want them on my neck.

Kyla
July 14th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I'm quite boring and just do buns nearly every day. :p Not even exciting buns, just the cinnabun.

kpzra
July 14th, 2013, 02:15 PM
It gets to 40C regularly here (sitting at 35 right now), I just do some sort of bun if I'm going to be out and about. If I'm just going out to dinner or something I may keep it down, it depends on how it looks. When it gets to be around 100F there is not much you can do IMO. Either way you will be hot but it is dry here.

Anabell
July 14th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I am not a fan of buns, as I feel my face is too exposed, and my hair is heavy and pulls. But on unbearably humid days I will do a bun. My hair's too thick even at waist to do most of the LHC buns, so I will do a braided cinnabun, which is really just a "cinna," because it won't even wrap around far enough to be a bun. My favorite is an orchid bun, but as the thickness travels down, it's getting harder and harder to do. The most comfy--weight-wise--'do is twin braids, but on a sticky day I don't want them on my neck.

Me neither. I totally understand what you mean by the pulling and the heaviness (ironically it can lay really flat sometimes..). When I really have to buns I do the giblartar bun or the nautilus, both of them in the braided version. I also love the braided Chines bun, even though it tend to lay on my neck. One time I did this bun before I took a shower. The bottom part of the bun get a little dump (accidentally) and it was really refreshing. I also get a soft nice waves after I took it out. So maybe you can do a low buns too, and just spray them with some water. Instead of warm your neck it will cool it.

CurlyCaz
July 14th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Just a bun usually.

If I can be bothered, a French braid.

If I'm going out out I will sometimes do a side bun with my (outgrown bangs) twisted (or plaited) and pinned to the side. Looks quite dressy but keeps me cool!

spirals
July 14th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Anabell. I think I would need to be at classic, too, in order to do those buns. My hair is so thick, and I'm only at waist. But at classic my buns would be so heavy that I would get headaches. I don't know what I will do then. I will probably change styles in the middle of the day, as I do now.

Tini'sNewHair
July 14th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Its winter here now but as soon as the heat hits, my hair MUST be in a tight bun! even if the smallest strand of hair gets on my skin, i feel boilling HOT haha I cant do braids on my own hair tho or any other fancy style, just dosnt work :( my arms gets tired pretty quick and i get clumsy!