PDA

View Full Version : Static hair - just heard a tip which might hep.

Suze2012
July 13th, 2013, 03:39 AM
I don't have this problem much...only if I have gloves on really and ever touch my hair...but...

I just saw someone on TV who suggests wrapping a tumble dryer sheet around your hand and smoothing it from root to end and he reckons it will stop the static.

Has anyone tried it or heard of it?

jacqueline101
July 13th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Yes it works I've done it before.

Fairlight63
July 13th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Yes, I have also tried it before. It works but it made my hair feel gunky, so I don't like to do it.

feathers
July 13th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Yep. My hair used to be really static-y when I was younger (don't think it is so much anymore) and dryer sheets totally do the trick. One that you've already used in your dryer works too and is less "gunky."

ExpectoPatronum
July 13th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I wonder if this would work on hairbrushes that would make your hair static-y? I wish I hadn't gotten rid of that one now.

teddygirl
July 14th, 2013, 02:00 PM
During the winter I keep one in my purse because my hair gets so staticy. It definitely works. I have vanilla scented ones and they leave a nice scent as well (of course you could get unscented)

Bellechevelure
July 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I work for a cloth shop (I don't know how to say this is english, in my language I would say a boutique de vêtements) and when we got new cloth they are in plastic bag. After my shift my hair have so static and it get on my coat, brush... everywhere! Does someone have a solution, especially for the brush or comb? Maybe if a use a wood comb but do you know if they do more damage then a plastic one?

Cassie_
July 14th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Interestingly, you can also put hair conditioner on a washcloth, and use this as a dryer sheet replacement to reduce static in your clothing.

Hair conditioner & dryer sheets - the only things I know of to reduce static. Anyone know of anything else?

Bellechevelure - you could say a clothing shop or clothing store. If you wanted to convey that the clothing was more "upscale" and expensive, you might call it a clothing boutique. From what is posted above, it sounds like you can rub a dryer sheet over your hair & clothing to reduce static. (Comment s'appele "dryer sheet"? Une feuille à dessiccateur?) I would recommend staying away from a plastic comb if static is a re-occurring problem.

heidi w.
July 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM
It works but all you need really is a little bit of oil.
Heidi w.

Leeloo
July 14th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I've never heard of this. Will have to try (we get some super dry winters here)

Not Lynn Merely
July 14th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I work for a cloth shop (I don't know how to say this is english, in my language I would say a boutique de vêtements) and when we got new cloth they are in plastic bag. After my shift my hair have so static and it get on my coat, brush... everywhere! Does someone have a solution, especially for the brush or comb? Maybe if a use a wood comb but do you know if they do more damage then a plastic one?

Most people here think that wooden combs do less damage than plastic combs! Plastic combs usually have seams (ridges where the two halves of the mold meet). Wooden combs are sanded smooth. I would think using a little hair-safe oil on a wooden comb would make it effective in taming static.

Tini'sNewHair
July 14th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Yes! thats what i do :) or i simply tie it back up but i never heard of those kinds of sheets before :s doubt i would find them either

It works but all you need really is a little bit of oil.
Heidi w.

Bellechevelure
July 14th, 2013, 09:07 PM
It's decided, tomorrow I am gonna find a wood comb! :)

Less damage... I love this two words put together...

kysgrl
July 14th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I always used static spray on my brush

Cassie_
July 15th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Hmmm... in my BS & ACV days, I had a lot of static. I tried to tame it with oil, but that didn't help at all. (Seriously, it was weird & gross having oily, static-y hair.) I don't know the physics of it, but are you sure that oil helps with static? Assuming normal hair, of course. (Maybe mine at the time was some kind of strange exception to the rule.)