PDA

View Full Version : Overnight oiling with EVOO

sarahthegemini
July 12th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Hi ladies (and gents if there are any!)

Firstly, sorry for asking another question, I feel like i'm spamming, I just have so many questions :o

When I heavily oiled the other night (not for the first time, but the first time in about 2 weeks) with EVOO (and left It on overnight) the next mornig after CWC, my hair was ridiculously shiny. After repeating that overnight oiling process the next night, the next day, my hair just had it's normal shine after CWC. I've noticed this pattern over the past month or so. It seems that the EVOO stops having an effect when repeated 2 or more nights in a row. Does this have something to do with absorbtion? I don't really understand whether my hair is porous or not, but it is very fine. Is it because I only don't *need* to oil heavily more than once in a row?

FuzzyBlackWaves
July 12th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I only deep oil once a week, unless your hair is very dry or you wash constantly then I don't think you need to do it two nights in a row.

Leeloo
July 12th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I think your hair gets saturated with oil after one overnight heavy oiling treatment and doesn’t respond to the next one so quickly. I do overnight heavy oiling only once a week.

sarahthegemini
July 12th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Ah okay then. I'll stick with doing them twice a week, but not 2 nights in a row, I'll make sure there's a couple days in between. So I'll do them on a Thursday and a Monday for example.