PDA

View Full Version : african mix hair never grow help!

cassiej
July 11th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Hi guys,
I need some tip and trix. Because my hair never grow, my mom is from sweden (white) and my dad is from uganda (black). So my hair is cruly, I think I have hair type 3a. But my problem is that it never grow. I have to shoulder, and regret to the plate every day because I have straight hairextensions right now. So what should I do? I really want to have long hair until next summer..

jacqueline101
July 11th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Have you tried Monistat and multi vitamins hair vitamins? Try those.

vindo
July 11th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I would take out the hair extensions because they could be causing further damage.

When did you last try growing without extensions?

There could be so many reasons, like something to do with your health, lacking nutrients, hormones or simply mechanical damage to your hair. It would get good to know more detail about what you have tried.

Nini
July 11th, 2013, 03:38 PM
How often do you cut your hair? It could be you're trimming off more than what grows in.

And as others have stated giving an outline of your routine might make it easier to suggest possible solutions:)

cassiej
July 11th, 2013, 05:11 PM
I start with extensions where I was 13 years old, I have tried castor oil, Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment Mask
And silica. Now I'm in on coconut oil, but I have also try to cut it often and buy good hair products, but nothing works

cassiej
July 11th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I start with extensions where I was 13 years old, I have tried castor oil, Lee Stafford Hair Growth Treatment Mask
And silica. Now I'm in on coconut oil, but I have also try to cut it often and buy good hair products, but nothing works

cassiej
July 11th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Yeah, silica have i triedhttp://www.google.se/search?tbm=isch&q=silica+hår+hud+naglar&revid=577565198&sa=X&ei=PDzfUZWEMIKB4gS2jYDYAQ&ved=0CDgQ1QIoAA&biw=320&bih=356&sei=QTzfUf7-A8S74ATUq4CADA#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7Cp3lxemJClqIj4M%3A

cassiej
July 11th, 2013, 05:17 PM
I cut my hair maybe 1 time a month:)

Kelikea
July 11th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Maybe don't cut it every month. You might be cutting off all of your growth. Hair extensions can cause breakage, can you try going without?

AliD
July 11th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Cutting your hair often will just be cutting off all your effort, try cutting less often

Salmonberry
July 11th, 2013, 06:28 PM
The extensions could be damaging your hair so that it breaks off. If you've been using them for years, then you could have damage all the way down to your ends. If your hair is breaking at the rate it's growing, then it will seem like your hair isn't growing at all. The weight of extensions can also damage the hair folicles. I would say, stop with the extensions and try some treatments to strengthen and moisturize the hair that you do have.

CurlyCap
July 11th, 2013, 06:40 PM
You should start thinking about long hair in terms of "growth retention" instead of "faster growth". You can retain more of the length that grows out of your scalp by:

1. Getting rid of your extensions. They cause mechanical damage and make it more difficult to care for your natural hair.
2. Adequately condition and moisturize your hair. A nice place to start is to shampoo once every two weeks, but co-wash whenever you feel your hair is dry.
3. Detangle your hair gently. If we can learn about what your hair looks like, we can help you figure out how to best do this.
4. Protect your hair during the week. Don't over style it. Don't comb or brush it dry. Style only with some light oil and avoid thick gels. Some sleep with a cap on. Just...be nice to it.
5. Stop trimming so much. Some stylists promote frequent trimming because it removes the mechanical damage on your hair. But if you do what's listed above, you won't have much mechanical damage. Voila. You get to keep all the hair you grew that month.

Let us know if this helps and if you have any more questions.