PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Hair in Space!!

sally_neuf
July 10th, 2013, 12:52 PM
How would you do it? :p I would use sebum only or coconut oil ?!
CLICK HERE! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M1lPU0nYb3s)
(It goes to Youtube, I don't know how to embed the video but if a mod wants to help is better :) )

Skade
July 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Wow. :bigeyes: That is so interesting! I love those kinds of brainteasers that you haven't thought about yet. I also think sebum only would be a good alternative.

I was all mesmerized about the way her hair was flowing around, like she were in water. I have thought about how much I would like to experience zero gravity, but why have I never thought about the cool effects that would have to the hair? Imagine if the woman in the video would have knee length hair for example.. That would make some mean ass pictures. :cool:

cranberrymoonz
July 10th, 2013, 01:18 PM
that is so cool!

Leeloo
July 10th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Wow, makes one appreciate running water and gravity :)

melusine963
July 10th, 2013, 02:06 PM
:D I've never heard of no-rinse shampoo before. I kept picturing what the video would have been like if she had LHC-standard long hair. I'm not sure she would have been able to comb to the ends to easily.

faellen
July 10th, 2013, 02:17 PM
That's so cool! No way would I opt for sebum only, washing hair in space looks too much fun :D

Vanilla
July 10th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Wow, what a cool video!

Merlin
July 10th, 2013, 04:00 PM
That's a fun video! What it does raise the question of is loose hairs though - given the number of people here who over the years have had vacuum cleaners break through being clogged up with shed hair......

ravenreed
July 10th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I would wear a shower cap to capture the water and squish it on my scalp.

spidermom
July 10th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Shaved head, definitely.

lapushka
July 10th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Woooow that is *amazing*!

~Jae~
July 10th, 2013, 07:39 PM
They would never allow me in space, I use way too much water and time washing my hair haha! :) That would be so fun, but I would definitely be afraid of tangles

kysgrl
July 10th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Awesome! I looked at a few of the videos :)

ExpectoPatronum
July 10th, 2013, 09:27 PM
As someone who actually wants to be an astronaut, I found this to be immensely interesting to watch! I wonder how much I would hate having long hair if I was up in the ISS...

Dziip
July 11th, 2013, 02:44 AM
funny !

SO would seem a good idea to me too :)

Neneka
July 11th, 2013, 03:35 AM
I would cut my hair or more likely even shave it. I did not watch the video but I would be really worried about shed hairs floating around... It would be so cool to go to space that loosing my hair would not be too big sacrifice.

Skuld
July 11th, 2013, 03:53 AM
I think that I'd cut it into a more maneagable length (shoulder or chin)... Even though long hair would look freakin' awesome in space.