PDA

View Full Version : Volume at the roots

Bambi
July 10th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Hi! I need some good advice on how to achieve some volume at the roots when the sebum has kicked in? The rest of my hair is full of volume so it kind of creates a "pyramid-look" so to speak:doh:...
Thank you!:flower:

kysgrl
July 10th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Some dry shampoo and a bit of teasing at the crown (if you aren't opposed to it) You could also try a root boost foam when you first wash it.

NoRush
July 10th, 2013, 01:14 PM
BBBing works great for me, I brush upward and back and it holds pretty well (no miracles though), if not then I'd second the dry shampoo.

Jenny31557
July 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I cannot recommend that you tease your hair, there are other ways of getting volume in your hair. Perhaps scrunching a little bit (with water or gel or something) or simply changing your parting.
Also, are you wearing your hair up? I would recommend that you do when your hair starts to look greasy. If you want volume with your hair up you could probably do a pouf in the front.
Hope this helps!

alexis917
July 10th, 2013, 01:40 PM
I feel for you...my hair's pretty thick and heavy, so if I don't do anything to it I get that ...Cocker Spaniel look.
I always brush my hair backward instead of straight down to the side.
I also wear my hair up every day, but you could always style it into a pouf like Jenny suggested!

honeybunnie8
July 10th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I find that dry shampoo or corn starch work well for me to get volume when my hair gets kinda oily.

Bambi
July 10th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Thank you guys! I'll try to use more dry shampoo and see if I can get some powder or similar:)...yes I agree with the Cocker-Spaniel-look:D hehehe!

Firefox7275
July 10th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Plenty of Batiste dry shampoo, wipe the excess away with a microfibre towel rather than trying to brush it out.