PDA

View Full Version : Are twist outs a good hairstyle to keep hair healthy? Also a hair fall remedy? :)

lole18
July 10th, 2013, 02:19 AM
I was wondering if it was i think it looks really pretty not too many twist outs (4-10) would that be damaging or will it actually be a good hairstyle to getting the health of my hair back? :) i've lost my curls due to lack of care though i never used heat on it! Also 3\4 of my hair has fallen off because of anemia and hypothyroidism and is still falling so i'd like to keep the hair in my head in good shape and get its curls back at least! And if you know anything that would stop hair from falling and grows it out help please since i've used pretty much everything and it still didn't make a difference :) thanks!

looniac
July 10th, 2013, 11:17 AM
What do you mean when you say "twist outs"? Do you mean many rope braids?

It sounds like getting your physical health in order will resolve the hair health issues. Making sure you are getting all the needed vitamins and nutrients, exercising, drinking enough water, etc.

Sharysa
July 10th, 2013, 02:27 PM
It sounds like you really need extra vitamins, seeing as you have two health problems that explicitly affect your hair. However, remember to take it slowly--don't start chugging vitamins or trying to head to the gym for two hours every day, or it might make your health worse than leaving things alone.

And if you aren't already, definitely talk to your doctor and get whatever medication you need to manage your thyroid issue. My sister had hypothyroidism and her hair started thinning, but prescription medication helped a LOT with her hair-loss.

About half an hour's walk, eating better, and getting more vitamins will definitely help, as well as whatever medication your doctor prescribes.

What do you mean when you say "twist outs"? Do you mean many rope braids?

Twist-outs are the African-American term for rope braids, yes. Especially since they usually have a lot of them, as opposed to the one or two braids that most people have.

And for lole18: Pretty much any protective style would be fine for your hair, as long as it's not too tight and you don't leave it in too long. That's pretty much what they're for.