PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else color/ bleach their hair here?

kysgrl
July 9th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Im probably in the minority :) I love how my hair looks with highlights and lowlights though. Im bad....I know.

Michiru
July 9th, 2013, 11:13 PM
I do, I stopped hennaed, grew it out and now color again. I'm trying to find a good balance between color and health.

jessokitty
July 9th, 2013, 11:23 PM
I have a few peek-a-boo highlights that are bleached, but the rest of my hair has been dyed back close to my natural colour so I can let it grow. Since my streaks are peek-a-boo (underneath the top layers of hair) the roots don't show! So far it's really helped me to refrain from constantly dying my hair out of boredom, which is something I used to do.

Agnieszka
July 10th, 2013, 12:44 AM
I will. I'm currently growing out my henna, and next year, when all is gone I will put couple of highlights in. I have a very mousy light brown colour hair, blue/grey eyes and pale face and I don't look healthy without a little bit of sparkle in my hair. Oh, and red henna was a bad idea!

actresskat
July 10th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I've been dyeing it myself for a couple of years. I've noticed I've lost a little thickness but it doesn't seem terrible. I LOVE colour - my normal shade is boring. I'm just about to bleach it for the first time in a couple of years (and fingers crossed it'll go okay.) I then plan, if I like being blonde to give it a bit of a chop and then do root touch-ups whilst caring and loving my hair and growing it from BSL to waist length over the course of the next year or so.

BambooBeauty
July 10th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I used to highlight my brown hair and I LOVED it, but I'm trying to be more natural and I've coloured my hair my natural colour and started growing out my virgin hair. I miss my highlights soooo much though lol.

Bambi
July 10th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I have very thin highlights just to give my own color a little bit of "life", almost as if it has been sunkissed:). I baby my hair a lot so it's worth it:).

Arielle8960
July 10th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I do, I stopped hennaed, grew it out and now color again. I'm trying to find a good balance between color and health.

I'm in this boat exactly. So far a color gloss every now and again isn't wrecking havoc, but I'll have to reevaluate as my hair gets longer.

BrightEyes
July 10th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Yep, I highlight my hair. I get my roots done every 3 months. I love having light blonde hair, although I only highlight the top section. I considered growing out my natural color a couple times. But my hair color is just a part of who I am (that probably sounds corny). I don't use regular heat, do deep treatments and baby my hair in other ways. Me and my hair are both happy.

FuzzyBlackWaves
July 10th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I dye my hair black as it gradually lightened from dark to bright blonde as I grew older (like Benjamin Button the hair addition). I only dye the hair above my ears and nothing below them; so essentially my roots, and I do that at the end of every month.

Cassi
July 10th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I recently started to highlight my brown hair with blonde highlights. I decided I did not like my grey/white anymore. Since I am face to face with many people everyday, it is important to look nice and younger doesn't hurt either. I like it a lot since I was blonde until about 18 years old (slowly got darker and darker). I match my sons' hair color now. I know this will mean I cannot have it as long as I probably could, but to me benefit outweighs risk at this point in my life. I also found myself doing more with my hair (braids and such) after I cut shorter from thigh length since it is easier to manipulate. One thing though, when I get it highlighted/foiled the hairstylist always wants to straighten my curly hair. I had this done last Friday and well, I think the straightening damaged it or dried it out a lot... smelled like burnt hair when I rewetted my hair. EEEEEW. She used a Croc flat iron. Next time, she will have to just leave it wet and I will style myself. I only use my blow dryer for wet athletic shoes at home, never my hair :D Now I am trying to moisturize as much as possible to recover from my hair's traumatic flat iron day.

Firefox7275
July 10th, 2013, 05:42 PM
My hair is a very unnatural pink-red/ berry shade and don't feel guilty in the slightest! I hate my natural colour on me, it's the same colour as an actual mouse not dark blonde, ash brown nor any other more flattering description. I only do my roots with permanent dye which helps minimise damage, treat regularly with proven ingredients like coconut oil, hydrolysed protein, ceramides and panthenol.

kidari
July 10th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I have always colored my hair. I only touch up the roots with dye once a month to cover greys and then several times a year I do the whole thing with a semi-permanent dye. I actually love how it thickens up my hair and gives it more shine and body. I know that if I ran the dye through the ends too often my hair might be trashed though.