PDA

View Full Version : SMT Pulling Out Hair Dye!

jennescence
July 9th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Has anyone ever experienced this? My old dye thats been in my hair for over 5 months. The water at the bottom of the shower was red lol. How could this happen?

Xxanderia
July 9th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I know honey has a natural peroxide content in it that will slowly lighten hair. I used to do honey treatments on my color to lighten it up a bit, with success. So that may be it?

Dvips
July 9th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Some conditioners/oils do this when left in for a long time, though I do not know why.

10000days
July 9th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Yep I've had the same thing happen. Maybe deep moisture treatments penetrate the cuticle and mobilise the dye molecules to slide out...

jennescence
July 9th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Well it's awesome. I have been trying to get the dye out of my hair with vitamin c and head and shoulders( which does work) and this was just an added bonus!

Wildcat Diva
July 9th, 2013, 07:09 PM
You might want to document this in the long-running SMT thread so others can benefit from your experience later if they read that thread. We often point people in that direction.

jennescence
July 9th, 2013, 07:22 PM
You might want to document this in the long-running SMT thread so others can benefit from your experience later if they read that thread. We often point people in that direction.
Is there any way I can put all of this on there?

Wildcat Diva
July 9th, 2013, 07:39 PM
A mod can merge the thread, so you can "report this thread" (sounds bad, huh?, don't worry) and ask them to merge it if you like.

That might not be necessary, if you wanted to, you could just copy and paste your couple of posts on there in a new reply to that thread. I just though it might be nice for this to be noted in the big thread. Did you need the link?

jennescence
July 9th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I reported it. thanks!

Firefox7275
July 10th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Has anyone ever experienced this? My old dye thats been in my hair for over 5 months. The water at the bottom of the shower was red lol. How could this happen?

What is the pH of your blend? Aloe juice and honey and conditioner should all be acidic, but there are aloe gels and conditioners that are neutral or close to it. Also how long are you leaving the SMT on for and are you using heat even if it's only head heat?