PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Use Hair Masks?

ChristmasFnatic
July 9th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I tried different ones, and it never says on the tub how often.

And on days you use them, do you still use conditioner? Also, it says on instructions to leave it 2-3 mins(sometimes 5) then wash it away. Is it ok to leave it overnight?

This is what I use:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/spongeduke/IMG_8262_zpscc3c1e38.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/spongeduke/media/IMG_8262_zpscc3c1e38.jpg.html)

meteor
July 9th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I use either hair masques or conditioners. When I use masques, I don't add conditioner to the process.
As for frequency, it's very personal. I think you should just use them as often as you like but not to the point when they make your hair lank and dull or stretchy, maybe. I often see recommendations on bottles saying it should be used once a month or weekly, but I'm fine using them more or less often than that. It really depends on the masque itself and on how dry, porous, damaged the hair is.

ChristmasFnatic
July 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I use either hair masques or conditioners. When I use masques, I don't add conditioner to the process.
As for frequency, it's very personal. I think you should just use them as often as you like but not to the point when they make your hair lank and dull or stretchy, maybe. I often see recommendations on bottles saying it should be used once a month or weekly, but I'm fine using them more or less often than that. It really depends on the masque itself and on how dry, porous, damaged the hair is.

THANKS! Are they meant to make your hair look good for that particular day(for an event or a date maybe)? Again, forgive my ignorance.

And basically, they act as a stronger version of conditioner right?

clioariane
July 9th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I use a deep conditioning mask once a week instead of a regular conditioner. Usually I leave it in for an hour or so, but I also like to leave it in overnight sometimes (my hairstylist recommended this).

animetor7
July 9th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I use a so-called "hair mask" as a leave in for my ends every time I wash so every 2-4 days.

ChristmasFnatic
July 9th, 2013, 01:52 PM
I use a deep conditioning mask once a week instead of a regular conditioner. Usually I leave it in for an hour or so, but I also like to leave it in overnight sometimes (my hairstylist recommended this).

So you use conditioner on the other 6 days?

Skade
July 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I also often use hair masks instead of a conditioner and leave it in for around ten minutes in the shower.

ChristmasFnatic
July 9th, 2013, 03:28 PM
OK many thanks guys!!!

jeanniet
July 9th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Not very often. Actually, I just did one yesterday, but the last one before that was so long ago I don't remember. I should do them more often, but I always forget. I''m careful about regular conditioning and using a leave in, so the lack of deep treatments doesn't seem to make that much difference.

jacqueline101
July 9th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Id try it for 3 minutes see if you get desired results if not go longer.

ChristmasFnatic
July 9th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks again guys!!!!! Taking pics of my hair now so you can help me more. lol. Enjoying my time here!

jeanniet
July 9th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Oh, and yes, you can leave it on overnight if you want.

clioariane
July 10th, 2013, 05:07 AM
So you use conditioner on the other 6 days?
Yeah, I use conditioner after every weekday wash.

Emanuelle
July 10th, 2013, 05:27 AM
I try to do it weekly, either a protein treatment of deep treatment (hair loves both). Usually I don't make it to weekly, though...