PDA

View Full Version : My First SMT

jennescence
July 8th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Right now I am trying my first SMT!!!

First I washed my hair 3 times with Neutrogena Anti-Residue to get all the cones out, Then I mixed 4 tbs. TRESemme Naturals Silicone Free, 1 tbs. Clear Aloe, 1 Tbs Honey. When I mixed it all together It was so thick and creamy! I put it on my damp hair. I feel like I should have made more because I felt like my hair was sucking it up if that's possible? I have it under a plastic bag and might put on my heat cap. I will be leaving it on all night. I will come back here and tell you guys what I think once I have rinsed this out. I am crossing my fingers because I really hope this works for me!

P.S no pictures because my camera is bad quality from being dropped too many times by my nephew lol.

Wildcat Diva
July 8th, 2013, 06:34 PM
I hope you have success! Three times washing with Neutrogena anti residue sounds excessive, I hope your hair does all right.

jennescence
July 8th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Excessive because I put so many cones on my hair for so long without ever washing them off. I only just now realized that cones are bad for dry hair lol. I was extremely gentle with my hair and my hair actually felt really soft afterwards. Thank you for your kind wishes!

jennescence
July 9th, 2013, 01:09 PM
So i rinsed my hair , and it has dries. It is still pretty frizzy which sucks. It's softer a shinier. I'm thinking of doing this twice a week until my hair is the way I want it. Was going to do it every night for a week but I figured it would be bad for my scalp.

sarahthegemini
July 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Glad you've had success! I *think* the honey could be the cause of the frizz, perhaps try leaving out the honey next time and just use conditioner and aloe gel? I use Tresemme Naturals conditioner in my smt's too.

jennescence
July 9th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Glad you've had success! I *think* the honey could be the cause of the frizz, perhaps try leaving out the honey next time and just use conditioner and aloe gel? I use Tresemme Naturals conditioner in my smt's too.
Thanks! I will try that. How does honey cause frizz?
Also a weird thing happened. When I rinsed out my SMT a bunch of my permanent dye came out with it. I could see it in the bottom of the shower. It doesnt really matter because the dye is old and im trying to fade it anyways.

sarahthegemini
July 9th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks! I will try that. How does honey cause frizz?
Also a weird thing happened. When I rinsed out my SMT a bunch of my permanent dye came out with it. I could see it in the bottom of the shower. It doesnt really matter because the dye is old and im trying to fade it anyways.

I'm not entirely sure, I remember reading it on here that honey can cause frizz, I think it's possibly because it's a humectant. Hopefully someone much wiser can correct me on this!

jennescence
July 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I'm not entirely sure, I remember reading it on here that honey can cause frizz, I think it's possibly because it's a humectant. Hopefully someone much wiser can correct me on this!
Oh okay, thank you!

jennescence
July 9th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Well my hair has settled down a bit. It does this thing where it is frizzy all day after I wash it, but when I sleep on it the frizz goes away. Now all that is left is so much shine and softness I can't stand it! I seriously LOVE this stuff.

kysgrl
July 9th, 2013, 10:22 PM
What is SMT?

HumanBean
July 9th, 2013, 11:06 PM
It's a deep conditioning moisturizing treatment created by a member here (Snowymoon). Here's the link:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

biogirl87
July 9th, 2013, 11:17 PM
kysgrl, I think it is Snowymoon Moisture Treatment. Here is the link to the thread discussing it: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128.

kysgrl
July 10th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Thank you :)
It's a deep conditioning moisturizing treatment created by a member here (Snowymoon). Here's the link:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128

kysgrl
July 10th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Thank you biogirl
kysgrl, I think it is Snowymoon Moisture Treatment. Here is the link to the thread discussing it: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128.

Eternal.Fiend
July 11th, 2013, 02:59 PM

I'm not a chemistry wizz or anything, but as honey is a humectant it attracts/absorbs water... Which can be amazing for moisturising, I often use honey as a deep treatment. However, if the humidity is too low (someone wiser will have to advise you on that) rather than taking the moisture from the air into the honey, it take the moisture out of you hair, which will explain dry/frizzy hair after using it. If you want to be careful, I soak a turbie towel in warm to hot water and put that on my hair whilst doing the deep treatment :)

You mentioned that you use a lot of cones? Maybe, I'm not sure, but maybe you're just seeing what your hair is like without cones? My hair is not frizzy by nature but was more fluffy and less sleek at first without them! A few deep treatments sorted that out for me... So don't give up on the treatment just yet?

I need to try and SMT, seeing if it make a difference from just honey and conditioner!

Good luck! :D

kdaniels8811
July 11th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Snowy's Moisture Treatment. Cheap conditioner, aloe vera and honey mixed together and put on your hair for at least a half hour. I have the amounts around here somewhere...