PDA

View Full Version : Grah-Toe Forks and an Antler Pair, 4" Ravenscroft Moon, Large Flexi-8

MeganE
July 8th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Edit: January 14th EVERYTHING IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5742/47zg.png

1. Grah-Toe Birdseye maple heart wood fork with silver medallion. NOW $35.00 + you choose and pay for shipping method SOLD AND SHIPPED

I don’t have the original link for this; it was a gift and I never saw it in their sold section on Etsy or Artfire. I got a lot of compliments the few times I wore it, but overall I don’t use it.

It’s a little dark for maple wood. The overall tone is cool whereas my two other maple forks are definitely warm-toned. The back of the fork has some interesting grain that looks like some spalting, but I’m not sure. When I messaged her to ask what kind of wood it was, Kimi said it was from the heart of a maple tree.

6.25” long overall, 4.75” prong length, decorative top is 2.75” across at the widest point. This piece definitely has their organic profile (as opposed to the A-line). I measured it and the top is approximately an inch thick in the middle. It seems very light considering that it’s a substantial piece. Weight is 31 grams or 1.1 ounces.

It's in new condition and very lovely, just not a favorite of mine.

2. Grah-Toe tulip wood antler hair sticks. SOLD

When I looked at these closely I noticed very slight marring, just in the lacquer (or whatever coating they use on antlers) along the edges, probably from ending up in my purse once or twice. I did examine all these hair toys thoroughly because I don’t want there to be any surprises once they are re-homed. Except under intense scrutiny, these look just as they did when I bought them.

Another thing worth noting about this pair is that they are not symmetrical. The antler tine they were made from had one end that was more rounded, and the other side was more flattened. I posted a picture from the side so you can see what I mean. Also notice how much tine there is left after the prongs split, they do stick up in the hair quite prominently when wearing them. There is no head curve. The tines are very easy to open and use, unlike my other two pairs of antler sticks which hold shut so tightly that they take some effort to insert. These are easy to use, and I think that's a nice feature. See the original link at the bottom for more pictures and information.

As a pair they weigh 45 grams or 1.6 ounces. Even though they are asymmetrical, the weights are equal. 6.5” long. Used, but still in very good condition.

Original link: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/53392640?ref=fb2_tnx_title

3. Grah-Toe maccassar ebony Lilliputian with organic profile. SOLD AND SHIPPED

Link: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/53392639?ref=fb2_tnx_title

4. Grah-Toe tulip wood mermaid’s tail. [B]swapped

Total length is 5”, weight is 12 grams or 0.4 ounces. I think it is an A-line profile, or maybe very slightly organic. The topper isn’t very wide, looks like less than half an inch. I have worn it a couple of times. It’s in perfect condition. See the original link for more pictures and information.

Link: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/77306186?ref=fb2_tnx_title

5. Ravenscroft moon, with curly maple and quilted maple. Asking $45.00 + shipping MOON IS SOLD AND SHIPPED

Original Link: https://www.etsy.com/transaction/98605953

[B]6. Large Flexi-8 with dragonfly. Withdrawn

Wildcat Diva
July 8th, 2013, 10:34 PM
what lovely items! Bumping!

Ashlbee
July 9th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Sent you a PM about the moon!

Ashlbee
July 9th, 2013, 09:08 PM
P.S. To the person who saw the moon before me, I'm sure it will be so lovely in your hair! Post pics? :D

Wildcat Diva
July 9th, 2013, 09:49 PM
:eyebrows:

MeganE
July 10th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Bump for price reduction! :)

I bought these Grah-toes last year or the year before, when they had lower prices. I've marked them down even from what I paid, and it's a great deal for some great Grah-Toes!!!!!

Wildcat Diva
July 12th, 2013, 05:54 PM
P.S. To the person who saw the moon before me, I'm sure it will be so lovely in your hair! Post pics? :D
http://imageshack.us/a/img826/2974/e5e8.jpg
Sure! Here ya go! Sorry, afternoon light is a little bit yellow and harsh.
Artemis bun that finally holds a moon, I'm happy!

MeganE
July 12th, 2013, 09:51 PM
It looks great!!!!

Wildcat Diva
July 12th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Thank you. It was a pleasure swapping with you.

MeganE
July 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Bump! :cheese:

MeganE
July 29th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Prices reduced again!!! :o

MeganE
August 4th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Three Grah-Toes left, I dropped the prices again and these are a great deal for some quality GTS pieces!!

Peggy E.
August 5th, 2013, 11:56 AM
PM'd you on antler prongs

MeganE
August 13th, 2013, 08:44 AM
1, 2, and 4 still available. :)

MeganE
August 26th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Prices dropped again!

MeganE
September 16th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Bumping. :)

MeganE
January 11th, 2014, 08:03 AM
#1 is sold, 2 and 4 are still available. :)

ravenreed
January 11th, 2014, 09:42 AM
You get a bump for sheer persistence. I love tulipwood, but my car just died in a permanent and horrible fashion so... no hair goodies for me!

MeganE
January 11th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Bahahaha, I'm not exactly hard up for selling them, just still offering them. Open to trades too! I've learned the fun that you can have when you swap one unloved hairtoy for another unloved one, and these should be appreciated. :) Thanks though.

truepeacenik
January 11th, 2014, 10:00 AM
You get a bump for sheer persistence. I love tulipwood, but my car just died in a permanent and horrible fashion so... no hair goodies for me!

Ugh. Sending you good replacement "carma" energy.
Off to look at what is left.

Irish Fae
January 11th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Sent you a PM about the antler forks!!!

afu
January 11th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Such a pity the antlers are so long for me, would have shaped them up

MeganE
January 11th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Antlers now sold, anyone want to make an offer on the tulipwood mermaid's tail?

Marron
January 11th, 2014, 09:37 PM
I sent you a PM :)

ravenreed
January 11th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Oh my goodness, I need it! Thanks.

Ugh. Sending you good replacement "carma" energy.
Off to look at what is left.

Irish Fae
January 13th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Megan, your inbox is full! I sent you a message a few days ago and failed to realize that it didn't go through until I just checked again today! I am sorry if you were wondering what happened to me! I definitely still want the antlers, and a bubble envelope is fine! Just let me know what I owe you and what your PayPal address is! :flower:

ravenhair44
January 13th, 2014, 06:42 PM
I also tried to send you a PM but your box is full. I received the Grah-Toe Birdseye maple heart wood fork with silver medallion today. Much more beautiful in person.:inlove:

Thank you so much!!!:blossom:

MeganE
January 14th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Sorry my box was full for a few days there! I think I caught up with everyone now. :) Ravenhair, I'm so glad you like it!!!!