PDA

View Full Version : Hair after braces: a 17-month-progress :)

oktobergoud
July 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I can see you thinking 'mmm what does hair have to do with braces?? NOTHING??'. Well, that's true I guess! However, during the progress I got a lot of comments from the assistants that my hair had gotten so long! So I thought it would be fun to share the progress :) Back then it was still an ear-length bob (I honestly have very 'low' ears haha!), but after 17 months I have almost reached a new goal: APL! Just half an inch or so more and it's APL. 17 months flew by and I'm so relieved that I got the braces off (today!!) AND my hair has gotten a lot longer too, I just felt like showing off ;) My hair hasn't been this long since I was a kid, so it's definitely a bit of a milestone for me :)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/beugel1_zps09c5c9ec.jpg
Back in February last year!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/beugel2_zps1f8a436a.jpg

And today! Excuse the goofy face, I was just very happy :D And blinded by the sun haha. Hair is a bit frizzy because I had just washed it AND brushed it and my hair hates that haha.

I just don't realize that it's been 17 months already, time flew by! Okay, that is all, now I'm done showing off :D Bye!

Skade
July 8th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Congratulations on getting your braces out! I also had braces as an adult and I know how wonderful it is to have them taken out. Both hair and teeth looks great! Go out and rock it and celebrate your new smile now! :hollie:

sisi33
July 8th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I adore your picture. And your hair is gorgeous, as always! Congratulations on getting your braces off! :joy: Don't forget to wear your retainers! :p

WilfredAllen
July 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM
your hair grows so fast! (and also looks amazing!)

Magalo
July 8th, 2013, 12:15 PM
You, your hair length & color, your teeth, your smile, your eyes! Everything look so pretty!! So happy for you! ;)

Kizuna
July 8th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Very nice growth! :D I really like the color of your hair :)

Tota
July 8th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Gorgeous hair and an amazing smile!

Anje
July 8th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Great hair and great teeth!

kellinaturalmom
July 8th, 2013, 12:55 PM
oktobergoud, you look beautiful!

Vivalagina
July 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Congrats and I love how vibrant your hair color is.

Agnieszka
July 8th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I needed to see some happy post, thank you! :-)
You look fabulous!!!

oktobergoud
July 8th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone :flower: :D

I needed to see some happy post, thank you! :-)
You look fabulous!!!

Oh noes, what happened?? & Thank you!

amanda_the_tall
July 8th, 2013, 02:02 PM
yay it looks great! you remind me of a girl i knew from my old school. she also had fantastic hair :D

verylittlecarro
July 8th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Congrats on the teeth...and on the hair. It's looking fantastic!

summergreen
July 8th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Your hair looks amazing, what a beautiful colour and texture :)

browneyedsusan
July 8th, 2013, 05:51 PM
It looks great! :cheer: (Your hair and your pretty teeth!)
Both of my kids had braces and were SUPER jazzed when they came off. DD even counted down the days on her calendar!

Vanilla
July 8th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Congrats on getting your braces off and the hair progress :)

longNred
July 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Beautiful transformation! I always love seeing your progress! You look gorgeous, keep smiling!

10000days
July 8th, 2013, 06:23 PM
I can see you thinking 'mmm what does hair have to do with braces?? NOTHING??'. Well, that's true I guess! However, during the progress I got a lot of comments from the assistants that my hair had gotten so long! So I thought it would be fun to share the progress :) Back then it was still an ear-length bob (I honestly have very 'low' ears haha!), but after 17 months I have almost reached a new goal: APL! Just half an inch or so more and it's APL. 17 months flew by and I'm so relieved that I got the braces off (today!!) AND my hair has gotten a lot longer too, I just felt like showing off ;) My hair hasn't been this long since I was a kid, so it's definitely a bit of a milestone for me :)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/beugel1_zps09c5c9ec.jpg
Back in February last year!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/beugel2_zps1f8a436a.jpg

And today! Excuse the goofy face, I was just very happy :D And blinded by the sun haha. Hair is a bit frizzy because I had just washed it AND brushed it and my hair hates that haha.

I just don't realize that it's been 17 months already, time flew by! Okay, that is all, now I'm done showing off :D Bye!

Cool!!! Great progress on both fronts! :) Love your hair colour.

Puchuca
July 8th, 2013, 06:29 PM
You hair looks sooo beautiful and the red suites you well :D

Annibelle
July 8th, 2013, 06:32 PM
You look incredible! I loooooooove your hair!

~honeyflower~
July 8th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Just look at those teeth! And the hair!!! :thud:

jacqueline101
July 9th, 2013, 02:29 AM
Your has made great progress. Congrats on getting your braces off.

emmyliten
July 9th, 2013, 02:36 AM
I love your hair color! Congrats on getting the bracers off. =)

Skuld
July 9th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Your hair looks amazing! The red looks really good on you. (Also, congratz on the braces! I got mine taken out recently too and boy, did that feel good!)

Natalina
July 9th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Wow, you look amazing, congrats! Your hair is beautiful, and now you've a perfect smile to match as well. :)

Lady Mary
July 9th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Oh gosh, you're hair is looking so beautiful and your teeth are fabulous! Great to see an update from you, don't give up!

lapushka
July 9th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Congrats on both the braces *and* the hair! Very nice progress. :D :thumbsup:

arelrios
July 9th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.... both the hair and teeth... congratulations...

oktobergoud
July 9th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Geeesh thank you all!! :D :flower:

Phalaenopsis
July 9th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Wow, oktobergoud, what a progress! Very pretty!
I remember when I got my braces off, I couldn't stop smiling for a week.

Where does "oktobergoud" come from by the way? Just curious :)

shutterpillar
July 9th, 2013, 10:15 AM
So pretty! Congratulations! I've always wanted braces for myself, but I think that is something that may have to happen later down the road. Your smile looks beautiful. :blossom:

AngryVikingGirl
July 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
You look gorgeous!

sarahthegemini
July 9th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Lovely hair. Such a gorgeous colour!

Agnieszka
July 9th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks everyone :flower: :D

Oh noes, what happened?? & Thank you!

One of these days when everything goes wrong :-))) Feeling better today! Thanks!!!

oktobergoud
July 9th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Wow, oktobergoud, what a progress! Very pretty!
I remember when I got my braces off, I couldn't stop smiling for a week.

Where does "oktobergoud" come from by the way? Just curious :)

It comes from a site that was literally called 'pretty words' haha, I was looking for a username for something. I liked this one :)

And I can't stop smiling either, it's so weird! I feel like a different person ;)

So pretty! Congratulations! I've always wanted braces for myself, but I think that is something that may have to happen later down the road. Your smile looks beautiful. :blossom:

Thanks! And you won't regret it, trust me. It's definitely a pain in the bottom but it's so worth it!

You look gorgeous!

Lovely hair. Such a gorgeous colour!

Thank you!

One of these days when everything goes wrong :-))) Feeling better today! Thanks!!!

Aah good to read you're feeling better! :)

BrightEyes
July 9th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Your hair and smile both are beautiful :) I love your hair color. I've seen so many gorgeous heads of shiny red hair lately, I'm starting to wish I could pull it off myself.

Capybara
July 9th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Looks wonderful!

Dandelion6
July 9th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Thanks for sharing awesome news and pics. You look gorgeous and very happy indeed!

OUKess
July 9th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Love the red oktobergoud!! Awesome hair!!!

ebullience
July 10th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Your hair looks amazing! Congrats on the growth and colour :)

jeanniet
July 10th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Your hair color is amazing on you--and very pretty smile, too. Congrats on getting your braces off!

coconutinsight
July 10th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Your hair looks great and you have a very pretty face :)

Surinecet
July 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Congrats on great growth and no more braces! I love your hair, it's so stunning with your skin and eyes. Love your photography too, especially the fairy tale section. :)

MaryO
July 10th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Great teeth and hair- congrats! :-D