PDA

View Full Version : Two different hair types

majesticmoon
July 7th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I was wondering does anyone else have two or more different types of hair? My hair is more coarse dry and wavy underneath. Most of my hair is slightly wavy and medium. I also have baby hairs along my hair line. Anyone else have this problem?

spirals
July 7th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I have 3 finenesses sprinkled throughout and sections ranging from 1b to 3a. My hair does what it wants; I just go along for the ride.

anitacs9101
July 7th, 2013, 10:03 PM
I think so. My hair isn't like that but I have a friend who has very curly hair, but it varies greatly around her head. The hairs along her hairline are all extremely curly, like 4a, and the rest is a mix of 3a-b-c.

Natalina
July 7th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I do! Large portion of my hair are curly/wavy and quite coarse, so my entire hair seems that way. But it's not, a smaller portion underneath those hair are soft and straight with very slight wavy ends. I like it this way, actually. Just wish most of my hair is softer and not so coarse. It is kind of odd, though, at least that's what most people I've met thought.

spirals
July 7th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I've heard from the curlies at naturallycurly.com that tighter curls around the face are common, as is having an underlayer that is straighter or curlier. The parts just above my ears are 1a or 1b. The curls at the temple can go 3b sometimes.

Lalital
July 8th, 2013, 01:10 AM
most definitely - two different textures and two distinct different blondes. I have a strong uniform wave underneath-golden blonde and almost completely straight white blonde on top. If I do two side ponytails with caterpillar bands all the way down, you can actually see a straight line of two distinct colours all the way down, in each pony - like caramel and latte colours. Weird. I like the wave of the underneath but the colour of the top.

melusine963
July 8th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Yep. I have fine baby hairs at the front hairline, course-ish hair at my nape, and medium everywhere else.

furnival
July 8th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Yup, 1a/2c here, straight and limp around my face, springy ringlets underneath at the back. Wish it was the other way round!

DarkCurls
July 8th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Curly hair on the canopy (3a), and the underlayer is only wavy-ish, can go all the way down to 2a. It drives me crazy, I wish all my hair was curly, I'd have crazy volume. :D But yeah, I think different textures/curl pattern/etc is pretty common.

Mesmerise
July 8th, 2013, 05:10 AM
I'm the same! I used to think I had the weirdest hair ever, but now I know that I'm not the only one ;). My hair is wavy/curly underneath, and only a little wavy on top. It ranges from maybe 1b/c to 2c (possibly even a bit of 3a as it can form spiral curls underneath). I do wish it were a bit more uniform as the randomness often bothers me. It's why I used to like straightening it! Unfortunately straightening it just caused permanent frizz which was worse than the random alternative...

jacqueline101
July 8th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Mine has some thicker strands.