PDA

View Full Version : Widow's peak - attractive or not so much?

PetuniaBlossom
July 7th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I have a widow's peak myself and never gave it much thought one way or the other. It does make it a bit tricky sometimes if I want to make a center part, because I don't like that "Fergie" look, so I have to go a bit left or right of the widow's peak itself.

I recently came across this photo of Hermann Rorschach and thought yowie! Very handsome and the widow's peak is super attractive.

So I was wondering how many of us on LHC have widow's peaks and whether or not you consider it attractive?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5b/Hermann_Rorschach_c.1910.JPG/220px-Hermann_Rorschach_c.1910.JPG

minxe
July 7th, 2013, 06:35 PM
I love them. Mine is sort of uneven, and I've actually considered some sort of permanent hair removal to make it more defined. Embrace it!

Falcore
July 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I don't have one, but I love them!

PinkyCat
July 7th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I have one. My hubbs has one. We're both reallllllllllly good-lookin. ;)

biogirl87
July 7th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I have one. At first I didn't like it since I thought it to be something it wasn't as it's been a few years since my last genetics class. I've come to terms with it somewhat now but I don't think it is attractive. I feel it gives me a little bit of an owl-face look.

SongofLove
July 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM
I think a widow's peak is very cute!

PeacenQuietGal
July 7th, 2013, 07:01 PM
I don't have one. But , I always wished I did. A widow's peak is considered a classic mark of beauty!

Once, I even tried to "accentuate" the mere suggestion of a widow's peak that I DO have, by using a brow pencil...and got busted by my male dinner companion....Awkward!!!

akilina
July 7th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I adore them ;) they are just really neat to me, and in my opinion are a very striking feature that really stands out. My bf has one..I love it.

jacqueline101
July 7th, 2013, 08:34 PM
I have one I'm used to it and like it.

Islandgrrl
July 7th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I have one. I think they are beautiful. Not so fond of the cowlick it creates in my bangs, though. :)

kittengirl
July 7th, 2013, 09:03 PM
I don't have one but DH does and I think it's really cute!

jasper
July 7th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I have one and I don't like it on myself, but I don't think of it as unattractive on others. When I was 18, I had a hairdresser tell me I have to wear bangs because of it. I don't know. I think I agreed or was easily convinced because headbands or clips holding my bangs back never looked right to me. The only time I tried to grow out my bangs was when I was 10 or 11 and my mom didn't say anything while I was in that phase, but cheered loudly the day I asked the hair dresser to cut my bangs again. After that not subtle hint, I have kept my widows peak under cover.

Kittney
July 7th, 2013, 09:11 PM
I am envious of them and find them totally sexy.

HumanBean
July 7th, 2013, 11:12 PM
I have one and I do not like it. When I did not have bangs, I plucked it to make it less severe.

Jing
July 7th, 2013, 11:43 PM
They're gorgeous! I really, really wanted one when I was a kid, but alas. I have half a tiny one. Sort of.

neko_kawaii
July 8th, 2013, 12:30 AM
I've got one. It is as attractive as any other hairline.

AnqeIicDemise
July 8th, 2013, 01:02 AM
I used to hate it! I even tweezed my peak for a while after I learned that (her name escapes me at the moment) an black and white movie star had her hair line redone with electrolosis to get a more anglo look. She had a slight peak that was completely removed by the time she became mega famous. Gosh, what's her name?!

Anyhow, I've grown to like it. I blame Lily Munster. That woman was gothic AND hot, just up my aisle. I'd show off my peak more often but after that disastrous accident with the bbq two years ago, I've cut bangs in to hide the damage. -sigh- Its going to be a *long time* before my bangs completely grow out. I kind of enjoy them for now at least. When I didn't have it, I'd part slightly to the left or right, never in the middle. It was just too harsh of a split for my face.

ETA: BONUS! So, I've complained that I haven't gotten "The Birthmark" folk in my family get. I sort of did, on my brow... anyhow, since the accident where I singed the crap out of my hairline and cut bangs in, I've been wearing my part on the left, hair over to the right. I'm currently changing the part because I'm bored and needed a change. I found the spot! I somehow missed the two little silver hairs completely. I mean, *completely*. I have two strands of hair so long the dips are dyed red.

My inner Lily's coming out!

WilfredAllen
July 8th, 2013, 01:41 AM
I can't say a hairline is particularly attractive or unattractive... I like widow's peaks. They look cool. My boyfriend has one. But it doesn't get my engine going haha

also, Rorscach looks like Brad Pitt.

spirals
July 8th, 2013, 02:10 AM
I must be the only one who never notices whether someone has one or not. I think my coworker may have one, now that I think about it, but I'm not sure. I just don't notice at all.

Scarlet_Celt
July 8th, 2013, 02:58 AM
I have one, but I've never been a huge fan of it.

alyanna
July 8th, 2013, 03:48 AM
I have one and I love it. I wear my hair back a lot and I think it makes my hairline prettier. I know in the U.S/Canada a widow's peak is sometimes considered a flaw, but where I come from, it's a sign of beauty.

I am unable to get a perfectly centered part, but I just part my hair behind the peak.

MaryMarx
July 8th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I have one, I'm okay with it. But it's tricky to wear a middle parting, so I part slightly off center when I want a 'center' part.
I wish I could show it off by wearing my hair back...wards more, but the hair at my temples is so thin and short so it's hard to get them in the updo, and sometimes I kinda look like balding.

shutterpillar
July 8th, 2013, 07:05 AM
I don't have one, but I always wished I did because I love them. My husband has one and I think it's very attractive.

Natalina
July 8th, 2013, 07:22 AM
I don't have one, but I think it looks good on most people, depending on their other facial features though. I know if I had one it probably won't suit me very well.

Hiriel
July 8th, 2013, 07:28 AM
I only have the slightest hint of one, but almost all the men on my mother's side of the family have really pronounced ones.

I don't really think the widow's peak is nice or bad looking in itself, to me it's like hair colour or length - some faces look best with short hair, some with long, some people look best with black hair, some people with red. Same with widow's peaks, in some faces it looks really nice, in other faces I don't really notice it.

heidr
July 8th, 2013, 08:20 AM
I have a widow's peak and I like it. It runs in my family.

Bene
July 8th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I used to hate it! I even tweezed my peak for a while after I learned that (her name escapes me at the moment) an black and white movie star had her hair line redone with electrolosis to get a more anglo look. She had a slight peak that was completely removed by the time she became mega famous. Gosh, what's her name?!

Rita Hayworth!

-----------------------------------------

I don't have one, I don't think of them as attractive or unattractive.

clioariane
July 8th, 2013, 08:33 AM
I love them too!

mamaherrera
July 8th, 2013, 09:02 AM
I have one, I'm okay with it. But it's tricky to wear a middle parting, so I part slightly off center when I want a 'center' part.
I wish I could show it off by wearing my hair back...wards more, but the hair at my temples is so thin and short so it's hard to get them in the updo, and sometimes I kinda look like balding.

That's my thought exactly. Maybe it comes with having a widow's peak, that we have temple areas like that. Bangs help with that, no???!!

neko_kawaii
July 8th, 2013, 09:25 AM
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg632/neko_kawaii_hair/_DSC6153-1.jpg

There is my rather pronounced widow's peak.
My hairs at temple are slightly thinner and slower growing than most of the rest of my hair, but they are long enough to make it into an updo. The broken hairs at temple from my glasses are another story.

I hate having hair on my face so I haven't had bangs since junior high. If I know I'll be out in the wind I wear a bandana to contain the little whispies that with the help of the wind break free from their longer neighbors and start smacking my face.

My son also has a widow's peak but he has a different growth pattern at his hairline. ALL of the hairs along the hairline, about half and inch deep, are either super slow growing or have incredibly short terminals. They are about an inch long while the rest of his hair is about five inches long.

Not all widow's peaks share the same hairline traits.

Bun15
July 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I personally like them, bu my older sister has one and think she looks cute ;)

Bun15
July 8th, 2013, 11:08 AM
SORRY I meant to say I *don't* like them.

torrilin
July 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I like my widow's peak. It's nicely centered on my face, so a centered part looks good. And the "arches" of the peak are also nicely positioned, so fairly deep side parts look good. Slight side parts are kind of fail, but with the rest of my features, they're kind of fail anyway. Slight side parts wind up highlighting the asymmetry in my facial features, while parts that take advantage of my widow's peak shape minimize it. Playing up the widow's peak tends to make my face look a bit heart shaped rather than very round, and I much prefer the heart shaped look.

I don't see any reason to try to hide it either. Trying to hide it means I wind up with stupidly thick bangs that look awful on me and need very frequent trims. Ugh. Ew. It's a really disproportionate look in terms of how the cut winds up working with my hair, and it also accentuates all of my face's worst features, like the roundness and the lack of chin. And it sure doesn't help my eyebrows or how thick or thin my hair looks either.

I can see having other preferences too. A lot depends on how symmetrical your face is, and which bits of asymmetry bother you most. I can see a slightly off center widow's peak as being absolutely maddening.

Unicorn
July 8th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I have a widows peak. I neither like nor dislike it, it'd just there...

Unicorn

gillybeanxo3921
July 8th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I love widow's peaks!

MaryMarx
July 8th, 2013, 02:43 PM
That's my thought exactly. Maybe it comes with having a widow's peak, that we have temple areas like that. Bangs help with that, no???!!

Oh, I thought I was alone!
Yes, they do, I've had straight across/blunt/pinup bang for ages, and finally managed to grow it out since I needed a change.
Don't you tempt me. ;)

honeybunnie8
July 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I haven't really thought about it really. So I guess they are fine? lol The only time I notice if if its really really pronounced.

spirals
July 8th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Now that I've looked up google pictures of them, I realize that
a) there are a ton of well-known people who have them and I never, ever noticed [I had even forgot they existed until now, and had only really ever noticed because a high school friend had pointed hers out to me once]
b) I would look better with one. There's something about my features that would be balanced by that little divide in the hairline.

Fairlight63
July 8th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I have one also. I don't like it either!
It is what it is, can't do much about it, so might as well accept it.

spirals
July 8th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Can I have it? :p :D

lapushka
July 8th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I have one, albeit a slight one, but I love it. I wear my hair parted to the side, and when not in updos it's barely there!

chen bao jun
July 8th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I've got one too. My grandmother had one but I'm the only grandkid (out of like 30) who got it. My mom and aunts and uncles don't have it. However, two of my sons have them.
Mine is an obvious one, its not slight. I rather like it, though I have been wearing bangs, I am thinking of stopping. Because I have a widows peak, sort of round cheeks and a narrow chin, people have always said I have a heart-shaped face.
I don't like the name for it 'widows peak' and here in the US when you see people with them, its usually in movies and they are playing some spooky character. When I was in China, people called it the 'meirenjiao'-the beautiful woman point (or corner). That's much nicer!
My sons hate theirs and the barbers automatically remove them, I notice, when they go in to get a haircut, without even asking. I told my sons to ask them to let it stay and they said no, they don't like it, their friends tease them. (my sons are 26 and 18 years old)

Lindseyh
July 8th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I have one and I'm just used to it. It does mess my bangs up though.

stachelbeere
July 8th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I have one and to be honest, I don't really love it; I can't pull off a center part (well maybe that's also because of my face shape) and I feel that my hairline on each sides is too far back, it doesn't really look nice when I pull my hair back.

AnqeIicDemise
July 8th, 2013, 07:22 PM
yes, RITA HAYWORTH! she was gorgeous with or without the peak.

Rita Hayworth!

-----------------------------------------

I don't have one, I don't think of them as attractive or unattractive.

chen bao jun
July 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I have a widows peak. I neither like nor dislike it, it'd just there...

Unicorn
Just have to say, beautiful hair, Unicorn.

TheMechaGinger
July 8th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I don't have one unfortunately but I really like them! I've never seen one I haven't thought was super cute

restless
July 9th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Honestly, Ive never even paid any attention to them until I read this thread. Now Im sitting here, trying to think about my friends and relatives and remember whether or not any of them has one, but no... I have no idea, I cant remember. I guess I´ll have to check for widow´s peaks next time I meet up with them :p For fun I googled pictures of the actress mentioned in the thread and yes, its a cute detail.

Skuld
July 9th, 2013, 07:03 AM
I don't have one, and unless I'm misremembering things, I only know three or four people who do. Maybe it's an uncommon trait in my area. But they are super cute and they remind me of old Hollywood stars, which is always a plus!

Buddaphlyy
July 9th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I have one and just recently a gray hair spouted at the very tip of it. I'm indifferent to the peak, but the gray hair is cause of much dislike of my hair right now.

silkreel
July 9th, 2013, 11:24 AM
On men, yes.
On women, no.

Unicorn
July 9th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Just have to say, beautiful hair, Unicorn.

Thank you chen bao jun.

:blossom:

Unicorn

dancingrain91
July 9th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I have one. I like the owl face look but not so much how I seem older and more severe with all my hair back.

faellen
July 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I don't have one, but I think a very slight widow's peak looks cute. When they're very pronounced, I can't help thinking of Eddie Munster...

ExpectoPatronum
July 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I don't have one, but I kind of wish I did. I like how they look.

Ligeia_13
July 10th, 2013, 06:54 AM
I love, love, love them, I think they're gorgeous. I've always wanted one.

Hairitic
July 10th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I have one. Never thought much about it. :p I wear my hair all one length and straight back from my forehead. I neither love it nor hate it. I imagine now that I've been reading this thread, I'lll be paying more attention to peoples hairlines, lol :cool:

FuzzyBlackWaves
July 10th, 2013, 04:49 PM
I think they're very cute, especially on guys with long black hair.

mamaherrera
July 25th, 2013, 08:11 PM
I hear ya all on the white hairs popping up on the hairlines. I don't think I'm all up for doing without bangs yet!!

CurlMonster
July 26th, 2013, 01:42 AM
I don't have one but I've always liked them. They look very elegant to me :)

Sarahlabyrinth
July 26th, 2013, 03:42 AM
I have a really small one and I am probably the only one to notice it. It doesn't bother me either way. And it lets me get a longer measurement for my hair, lol!

Elecita
July 30th, 2013, 07:55 PM
I have, if you look really really close, the teensy start of one. Didn't even see it until right now that I checked, it's not really "a thing" that you notice or remark upon in my area. My boyfriend has quite a pronounced one, it suits him, and I think I like it better on men than on women.

teddygirl
July 30th, 2013, 07:58 PM
I dont really like it on men, it looks like a receding hairline to me. I dont really have a preference for women.

CurlyCap
July 30th, 2013, 09:32 PM
I ADORE THEM!

I have a pseudo peak, in the sense that I have 4 or 5 hairs that make a mini-peak that you can't even see.

I used to be so envious of the pale skin and dark widow's peak look, like Christina Ricci when she was a kid.

VixenWolfMare
July 30th, 2013, 09:33 PM
I <3 men with widows peaks!

hafattack
July 30th, 2013, 09:43 PM
I have one and DH loves it. I second Sarahlabyrinth for a longer measurement!

Leeloo
July 30th, 2013, 11:26 PM
It's not something that I would notice unless it's a very deep one and even then it depends how it looks on the person.

hannabiss
July 31st, 2013, 05:36 AM
I have a huge widows peak on an already big forehead so if my hair is pulled bad I look like IM balding. So when my hair is long I part it down the center and hide it because my p oint to my peak is about 2 inches! Needless to say I have a real deep one and I hate it a more gentle slope isn't bad.

millyaulait
July 31st, 2013, 06:46 AM
I have a very small one but I don't exactly like it.

When I was younger I plucked the peak away so my hairline would be 'normal'. Ouch! :mad:

MadameV
July 31st, 2013, 08:17 AM
I have a pronounced, exceptionally cowlicky one. Drastic enough that when I was growing my hair out from bald years ago my bangs grew straight forward for the first six months. I like it, though. Two words: natural pompadour. I don't have to do anything except pull my bangs back and I get serious poof.

gingerclip
July 31st, 2013, 08:28 AM
I've always liked them.

Flournoy
August 9th, 2013, 11:46 PM
No widows peak here. I got to say i am glad I dont have one because I like to part my hair in the middle and that would just mess that up.

MaryO
August 10th, 2013, 02:56 AM
I don't have one but I think it gives a person a very distinguished look, sort of classic!

leslissocool
August 10th, 2013, 03:44 AM
DH has one, I find them his really sexy but he hates it.

I don't have one.

Simone_Fatale
August 10th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I've got it and I never really cared about it. My side parting doesn't really show it off but it works well with my face shape, so nobody really knows that I have a widow's peak.

Lady Mary
August 10th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I have one and to be honest, I don't really love it; I can't pull off a center part (well maybe that's also because of my face shape) and I feel that my hairline on each sides is too far back, it doesn't really look nice when I pull my hair back.

I have the same problem. I wore blunt fringe for most of my life to hide it. I'm trying to grow it out now but I don't know if I'll be able to stand looking at my head that way.

RedStripe
August 12th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I don't have one. I guess it depends to a certain extent on how well it accents the rest of the face, but I think that on most people a widow's peak is quite attractive.

SilknStarch
August 12th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I have one and always liked it, but now that I am streaking silver one side is silvery and one side is medium brown. It is noticeable and looks like I might be balding on one side or have dirty hair on the other. A bit strange just now.

Charlotte Fawn
August 13th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I have a fairly deep widow's peak and I adore it. During the short period where I had no bangs and constantly had my hair back, I always got Wednesday Addams comparisons. But I've had bangs for 90% of my life so most people don't even realize I have one!

mamaherrera
June 29th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Me too, it's not the peak that bugs me, it's the hairline on the sides that starts farther back. I dont like!

I have the same problem. I wore blunt fringe for most of my life to hide it. I'm trying to grow it out now but I don't know if I'll be able to stand looking at my head that way.

Cania
June 29th, 2014, 10:28 AM
I do, and I love it. I just checked and DBF doesn't, but he has a fringe so it wouldn't make a difference.

roseomalley
June 29th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I have one, as did my Grandmom. I like how it looks when I wear my hair back and up.

peachyleshy
June 29th, 2014, 09:56 PM
I like widows peaks :) my mom and brother have subtle ones. And that man, Hermann Rorschach is very handsome :)
I have a straight hairline. I have a lot of "baby hairs" that make it not very straight though.

Éowyn_GreyEyes
July 6th, 2014, 02:56 PM
I have one, and didn't know that's what it was called until about a year ago when a girl friend from school told me she loved it. I rarely have my hair all the way up and it was in a pony that day and she had just noticed it after three years of knowing each other hahaha it does create a bit of mayhem for middle parting but I'm very committed to braiding the sides back when I do so I don't get ridiculous cowlicks :P

MINAKO
July 6th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Terrible! I had a tiny one and plucked it until it sort of didnt grow back anymore. every few months i see a few hairs, but they sure have to go.

Scarlet_Heart
July 6th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I have a pretty noticeable one. The only thing I don't like about it is that I can't have bangs. But sans-bangs I like the way it looks on me.

Back in my henna days...

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/eelaynuh/lhchenna.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/user/eelaynuh/media/lhchenna.jpg.html)

Éowyn_GreyEyes
July 6th, 2014, 04:20 PM
I have a pretty noticeable one. The only thing I don't like about it is that I can't have bangs. But sans-bangs I like the way it looks on me.

Back in my henna days...

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/eelaynuh/lhchenna.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/user/eelaynuh/media/lhchenna.jpg.html)

Oooo! I love the way yours looks! Mine is more of a wide U rather than a V like yours :3

duchess67
July 6th, 2014, 06:48 PM
I find them pretty. Scarlet_Heart, yours look more pronounced, lovely!

I didn't have one until recently. I used to shed a lot of hairs all these years, I started getting a lot of regrowth recently. Now I have a widow's peak, it's really fascinating to see how it all grew back.

Dreams_in_Pink
July 7th, 2014, 03:47 AM
I have a teeny tiny one, but hairs have a very short terminal length, they only grow 1-2 inches before they shed. Sometimes i pluck them out because of this, would keep them if they grew like the rest of my hair.

Johannah
July 7th, 2014, 03:51 AM
I have a tiny one. I love it.

akuamoonmaui
July 7th, 2014, 05:14 PM
My mom has one, I didn't get it. :(

Emelyn
July 7th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I have one and I like it. It does make it a little difficult to part my hair. That section of hair likes doing its own thing regardless of what the rest of my hair is doing!

queenovnight
July 8th, 2014, 07:08 AM
My boyfriend has one. I find them to be very pretty. Just adore his widow's peak!

nerdymomma
October 1st, 2014, 11:18 AM
I have a fairly pronounced widows peak, 5 finger forehead, and a dreadful cowlick to the left of it. The hairs there just won't grow long and won't lie down without a heavy hand, which makes me look greasy and unwashed. I have tried bangs but I hate hair in my face. So I am trying to just accept and embrace the windswept librarian look.

My mother-in-law is Dutch and she is always complementing me on my "lovely fairy hair" which I just found out is what they call a widow's peak in Dutch. So now I try to look myself square in the mirror and think "fairy hair" instead of "horrible ugly awkward cowlick and the impossible part".

NormaJean
October 1st, 2014, 11:26 AM
I have a fairly shallow one and I'm grateful for it. I have a big forehead and the peak breaks it up a little. Keeps me from looking like a female Clint Howard....

Actually, nerdymomma looks like she could be related to me. lol

brickworld13
October 1st, 2014, 11:35 AM
I have a little one. I like it quite a bit. Some of the larger ones are not always flattering, but I definitely sympathize with bangs misbehaving. I almost immediately regretted that decision because I never could get them to lay right.

mamaherrera
October 1st, 2014, 12:13 PM
Nerdymomma, at least you don't have the big "C"s on each sides of your temple, I look like I have the M shape on top of my forehead, from the widow's peak, and then the "c"S like receding men on the sides of the temples. I hope it never gets worse!

I have a fairly pronounced widows peak, 5 finger forehead, and a dreadful cowlick to the left of it. The hairs there just won't grow long and won't lie down without a heavy hand, which makes me look greasy and unwashed. I have tried bangs but I hate hair in my face. So I am trying to just accept and embrace the windswept librarian look.

My mother-in-law is Dutch and she is always complementing me on my "lovely fairy hair" which I just found out is what they call a widow's peak in Dutch. So now I try to look myself square in the mirror and think "fairy hair" instead of "horrible ugly awkward cowlick and the impossible part".

Nieve
October 1st, 2014, 02:35 PM
I don't have one personally but I think they look really cute as it looks like you have a heart shape face!

nerdymomma
October 1st, 2014, 03:14 PM
I have a fairly shallow one and I'm grateful for it. I have a big forehead and the peak breaks it up a little. Keeps me from looking like a female Clint Howard....

Actually, nerdymomma looks like she could be related to me. lol

Hello there, long lost cousin! Do you also have a 5 finger forehead?

Nerdymomma, at least you don't have the big "C"s on each sides of your temple, I look like I have the M shape on top of my forehead, from the widow's peak, and then the "c"S like receding men on the sides of the temples. I hope it never gets worse!

Oh that would be dreadful. :(

NormaJean
October 1st, 2014, 05:35 PM
Yeah, the forehead is such a strong genetic trait in my family that we just refer to it as the <maiden name> forehead. :-P

Your hair looks a whole lot like mine too. :D

Ingrid
October 1st, 2014, 05:45 PM
Both my parents have one, but I didn't get a very pronounced or even one :?

brooke_kawaii
October 24th, 2014, 09:19 PM
I have one and i've always hated it. But after reading some of the replies to this thread, I'm starting o feel better about it
It never really occurred to me that there were people that found them cute/pretty??

Clea
October 24th, 2014, 10:40 PM
I have one and i've always hated it. But after reading some of the replies to this thread, I'm starting o feel better about it
It never really occurred to me that there were people that found them cute/pretty??

Me too. I used to part my hair to the side just to hide my widow's peak. Side parts just don't suit me though, so that didn't last long!

Eastbound&Down
October 24th, 2014, 11:13 PM
I had a coworker tell me today that I need to pluck my widows peak to make my hairline look better. I've never heard about that ever before but I guess it is a thing..

Adiro
October 25th, 2014, 12:10 AM
I dont' have one but I love seeing them! My grandpa used to have one, he hated it, he was shaving it off, and then when he started to go bald, the hair there was the first one he lost.....
in my language it's called something like "heart shaped forehead " sound like crap in English but sounds much cuter in R, and generally everybody loves it, me included :)

Stray_mind
October 25th, 2014, 01:04 AM
I have one. It's not very much expressed though. Everyone in my family has it i think.. It adds some kind of volume to my hair so i like it.

diddiedaisy
October 25th, 2014, 03:19 AM
I have one on my left side but it's gotten less severe as I've got older. All my boys have one, but my third boys widows peak stretches all the way across his hairline. It makes his fringe grow out instead of down!!! I never noticed that though until his barber pointed out his very unusual widows peak!!!

Edit. Just noticed that I might be talking about what others call a cow lick. I don't have a v shape hairline. Is that what people mean by widows peak?

fiðrildi
October 25th, 2014, 03:39 AM
I have a very little one, almost not-noticeable because the hair growing in it is very light :p
Yes, I do like widow's peaks!

Federica
October 25th, 2014, 04:49 AM
I don't have one but I wish I would! I love them!

MsPharaohMoan
October 25th, 2014, 08:39 AM
I have one but I think it was more pronounced when I was younger. I like it, it makes my face more heart shaped!

Platzhalter
October 25th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Never really paid attention, but it seems like I have one. It doesn't bother me or anyone else here... why even care?
Though, depending on the face and the person, it can make someone even more attractive.

purplevickie
October 25th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I really like mine. It's fairly mild, slightly off-centre and grows in a bit messy and sparse, but I think it suits me and makes my face look less round. I rarely part my hair, just push it back and let it fall wherever, so it doesn't really bother me too much in styling.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14012&d=1414249010

lapushka
October 25th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I had a coworker tell me today that I need to pluck my widows peak to make my hairline look better. I've never heard about that ever before but I guess it is a thing..

I'm sorry but your co-worker is *nuts*. Who in their right mind gladly plucks their head hair. And why on earth?

Eastbound&Down
October 25th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I'm sorry but your co-worker is *nuts*. Who in their right mind gladly plucks their head hair. And why on earth?

I don't know, she just got here and I don't think I'll be talking to her much after that. But I can't imagine doing that either.

chen bao jun
October 25th, 2014, 07:00 PM
I have one but I think it was more pronounced when I was younger. I like it, it makes my face more heart shaped!

Yes my face is definitely heart shaped. I get mine from maternal grandmother. No one else has it but me and 2 sons. I notice barberstwhile automatically remove theirs. I am growing out bangs to show off mine.

LauraLongLocks
October 25th, 2014, 07:10 PM
I never gave it much thought. I have a small widow's peak. It's just my hairline.

Aurum
October 25th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I don't really have a widow's peak, but I like the look of them. I think they can make certain people look more exotic and interesting. :cool:

kelseyxface
October 25th, 2014, 08:19 PM
I hate my widows peak ): My hair line is one straight line and then mine juts out very suddenly right in the middle. No gorgeous little heart shape like @Scarlet_Heart 's. The other thing I hate is my widows peak naturally grows in at a slant to the right of my face, however the hair INSISTS on drying to the left of that causing an unsightly gap in my bangs. I'm thinking once my bangs grow out this won't be an issue, but all of high school with my little emo kid bangs it was a nightmare. I love widow's peaks but I hate mine. c:

hanne jensen
October 26th, 2014, 03:31 AM
I have a widow's peak and never really thought about it. It's just my hairline that I've had all my life.

Fufu
October 26th, 2014, 09:13 AM
I like the look of window's peak too, I think it's very attractive.

MsPharaohMoan
October 27th, 2014, 08:33 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/9abqjd.jpg
Here's a pic showing off how a new hair toy looks from the front (feel like a queen with her crown!), and it shows off my widow's peak.

veryhairyfairy
October 28th, 2014, 07:57 AM
I like mine. :)

As others have said, I never really noticed my hairline until it was brought up here... maybe because I've almost always had face framing hairs from that section. :shrug:

NitaB
October 28th, 2014, 08:37 AM
I LOVE widow's peaks! I think they look so great and give a face so much character. I always wished that I could have one

TrapperCreekD
October 28th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I have a very shallow, but kind of wide one. I hardly even notice it - I can't image shaving or plucking it!

pastina
October 28th, 2014, 01:21 PM
i didn't notice that i had one until my last postpartum shed i thought it was a result of the hair loss. my sister was like, no... you've had that your whole life. oops!

lapushka
October 28th, 2014, 02:00 PM
I have a widow's peak and never really thought about it. It's just my hairline that I've had all my life.

Same here. I only discovered I had something called a "widow's peak" on this site. Before that it was just "normal", you know, and just my hairline.

patchouli.rose
October 28th, 2014, 02:08 PM
I have a widows peak but it's hard to tell because I have straight across blunt fringe.

Savvyhorsez
October 28th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Whatever is natural looks good to me. :)

MINAKO
October 28th, 2014, 07:30 PM
funny that this thread is on the first page today, i just gave mine the tweezerman treatment, lol. i feel evil looking when i let it grow out too far and a center part looks much nicer on me without it.