PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Hair Miracle

heidr
July 7th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I have been following some of the hair tips I've found on here for the last three days and today I woke up with amazing hair. I've always had thin, dull, dry, straight hair and I've always hated it. For the last three days I've been only using shampoo on my scalp, only conditioning from the ears down, and oiling my hair with coconut oil at night. Today I swear I woke up with someone else's hair. It's super shiny and soft, looks about twice as thick and is swinging and kind of bouncing. I'm so encouraged and can't wait to see how my hair changes as I learn new hair care ideas.

AmyBeth
July 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Whoo-hoo! It's great to finally have the hair you've always wanted. I'm kinda there too. You just have to stopped doing what you're "supposed" to do with your hair and find out what works for YOUR hair and voila- happy hair, happy you. I'm smiling for you.

rut.de.leu
July 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Congratulations! I had a few of those moments when starting to take advice from here, too. It feels great to be on the road to good hair health :D

jacqueline101
July 7th, 2013, 04:46 PM
That's super your hair is doing better.

Hairitic
July 8th, 2013, 05:52 AM
YAY! So Glad you're finding happy results. That has also been my experience. I was never able to grow my wurly, tangly hair longer than waist length with thin ends before. Now it's almost BCL with healthy ends! I'm thrilled and thankful for TLHC ;)

Firefox7275
July 8th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Coconut oil is a magical thing if your hair is porous or damaged.

sisi33
July 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I loved when that happened to me the first time. Okay, who am I kidding? I love it every time it happens! Keep it up, and your hair will make great strides!

Anywhere
July 8th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Thats great to hear! Glad you found something that works for you so quickly, some people spend months/years trying to find the right thing for their hair.

labailaora
July 9th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Congrats! I had almost the same exact experience two years ago when I discovered CWC and self-trimming! It makes such a difference! Welcome to an awesome hair journey!

Emanuelle
July 9th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Gratz! Coconut oil is very moisturizing :)

emmyliten
July 9th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Glad to hear! I´m still trying to figure out what my hair needs and it´s very encouraging to hear other peoples "cures"!

Of the Fae
July 9th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Woot! Awesome, that sounds great :)

heidr
July 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I tried adding some baby oil with the coconut oil the last couple of nights and my hair is super soft and so shiny. I love it!

sarahthegemini
July 9th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Do you have any before and after pictures? :)

heidr
July 9th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I don't have any before or after pics. I'll have to get my hubby to take some pictures so I can post them.