PDA

View Full Version : Conditioning and the hennindigo 2 step process question

RavennaNight
August 30th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Im excited. I got my henna and indigo in the mail. :) I have been all over the articles, H4H, and LHC researching for a few months, and I'm ready to try this. There are two things I haven't found a definitive answer to:

Do you condition in between the henna and the indigo? Or should you just rinse the henna with water only and then apply the indigo? Does the hair have to dry between steps? Does it matter?

Thank you in advance for your help and replies! :flower:

wintersun99
August 30th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I apply indigo to towel dried hair, right after rinsing the henna with no conditioning in-between... conditioner might inhibit dye uptake, especially at the roots.

RavennaNight
August 30th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Oooh! Thank you Wintersun99 that is good to know! :)

laurachiplock
August 31st, 2008, 05:10 AM
I use conditioner in between, then a wash. I never use silicone conditioners however. I like to feel all the henna is really rinsed out & my hair has a clean slate for the indigo.

I get beautiful indigo uptake so It really doesn't inhibit any coloring.

RavennaNight
August 31st, 2008, 03:53 PM
I use conditioner in between, then a wash. I never use silicone conditioners however. I like to feel all the henna is really rinsed out & my hair has a clean slate for the indigo.

I get beautiful indigo uptake so It really doesn't inhibit any coloring.

i've weaned myself off cones again in preparation for impending henna. (surprisingly it didn't go frizzy and unmanageable this time) If I needed an extra boost with rinsing or detangling after henna a little VO5 vanilla mint wouldnt hurt with the indigo uptake?