PDA

View Full Version : My Hair Is Killing Me

jennescence
July 4th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I apologize ahead of time but I really need to rant. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me or anything like that. I just cannot talk to the people in this house about this because they have ear length hair.
My hair is driving me absolutely insane. It is so scratchy all it does is scratch and scratch me annoying me until I can't take it. It is so poofy It's not even funny. I hope I find something that works and fast because this is ridiculous. I have tried so hard to not do bad things to it, so I do not know why it is so bad. Every day I think about if cutting it off would be a good thing or not? Starting all over again?
Have any of you just been at that stage of your hair growth where you just want to cry?

Bene
July 4th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Yes, I suspect my hair is plotting to kill me as well.

bo-peep
July 4th, 2013, 08:23 PM
There's so MANY of them... I can hear them whispering to each other.

Seriously, I feel your pain. My hair makes me nuts sometimes, too. Right now I've got a ton of short-ish hairs growing out around my face that tickle / make me itch all the damn time! I can't wait until my hair is all one length so I can finally get it under control (yeah, right).

bo-peep
July 4th, 2013, 08:23 PM
There's so MANY of them... I can hear them whispering to each other.

Seriously, I feel your pain. My hair makes me nuts sometimes, too. Right now I've got a ton of short-ish hairs growing out around my face that tickle / make me itch all the damn time! I can't wait until my hair is all one length so I can finally get it under control (yeah, right).

jennescence
July 4th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I swear I'm going to start referring to it as a person. An evil person set on destroying my dreams lol

leoninnu
July 4th, 2013, 08:26 PM
I'm actually at that point any time I need to go sleeveless (I'm not very fond of that so it's only when the temperature is way, way hot.) All those little loose hairs and flyaways just feel like insects crawling up my arms. Makes me want to shave. But I'm hypersensitive, so...

ravenreed
July 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM
When I have a lot of split ends, I can feel them poking me. I hate that feeling, which is one reason I have been so persistent at getting rid of them.

PraiseCheeses
July 4th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Can you put it up?

Clips, sticks, forks, pins, headbands, hairties, a combination of those options.... whatever it takes. Put it up. Don't worry about what it looks like. Just get it out of your way, and find something to distract you. This too will pass. It may take a while, but if you want long hair, then don't cut it. It will get easier.

Mine's driving me nuts too - it was 95 degrees here today and it's going to be 99 tomorrow - and I live in a top floor apartment with no air conditioning. I can't even touch my hair because it sticks to my skin. It's up in a topknot and it's staying there until I can stand to have a lower bun closer to my neck. It looks like crap, but I don't care, even if it has to stay there for the rest of the summer. (Yes, I will be washing as needed. :p) It's just going to be longer when I can take it down and play with it again! :D

jennescence
July 4th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah I put it up, just waitinf for it to dry. I know it's not splits bbecause I just trimmed a half inch off yesterday lol

TroyaAbundant
July 4th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Perhaps your hair is just trying to tickle you to get your attention - it wants to play! The issue is your skin is yet another entity and does not wish to be annoyed.

Wildcat Diva
July 4th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Upon reading the title, I thought your hair might be related to the "naughty mess" and gone rogue.

jennescence
July 4th, 2013, 09:37 PM
I think My hair is tired of being attached

Islandgrrl
July 4th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Haha, my hair is always plotting to do me in.

Last time I tried to sleep with it in a braid it alternated between trying to strangle me and trying to break my neck by getting stuck under hubby.

If you think that it will EVER be one length, think again. Even at roughly fingertip length I STILL have a halo of pooftastic crazy hairs that tickle my neck, my face, poke me in the eyes....sigh.

Seeshami
July 5th, 2013, 12:23 AM
The Naughty Mess fully endorses annoyance and torture of host.

If your hair monster is related to my hair monster you won't win. Trust me, the battle just goes on and on and you only loose ground and become more enslaved.

The Naughty Mess says, "and strangled, don't forget the strangulation."

spirals
July 5th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Mine isn't nearly as long as the Naughty Mess and is driving me nuts. I wanted to grow it out so I could wear it down and have it look princess-like. Well, it does look nice, but it's too dang hot for that. So, up it goes all summer. It's sort of benign neglect. And since I have growth surge in summer, I have baby hairs, too.

Lunadriael
July 5th, 2013, 05:00 AM
When I sleep my hair already tries to smother me. My bf complains that if I sleep with my back to him he gets a face full of hair and he can't breathe either. So I guess it's trying to smother more than one person... :/ I fear great lengths.

Not to mention the fact the shed hairs get everywhere, block the shower routinely and wrap themselves around the intimate body parts of my relatives and SO.... My aunt even pulled one out of my little 5 year old cousin's backside when we were at the beach for the weekend. :oops: ... awkward.

jennescence
July 5th, 2013, 05:51 AM
HaHa my sister said she found one of my hairs in my nephews diaper lol. Not cool.

jacqueline101
July 5th, 2013, 06:40 AM
My hair is mellow until its hot then she gets hot then she comes alive. First a shed then it grows.

Firefox7275
July 5th, 2013, 07:01 AM
I apologize ahead of time but I really need to rant. I don't want anyone to feel sorry for me or anything like that. I just cannot talk to the people in this house about this because they have ear length hair.
My hair is driving me absolutely insane. It is so scratchy all it does is scratch and scratch me annoying me until I can't take it. It is so poofy It's not even funny. I hope I find something that works and fast because this is ridiculous. I have tried so hard to not do bad things to it, so I do not know why it is so bad. Every day I think about if cutting it off would be a good thing or not? Starting all over again?
Have any of you just been at that stage of your hair growth where you just want to cry?

For poof Curly Girl method with products selected based on dew points/ humidity and hair properties. Daily up dos/ protective styling with super gentle tools to stop your hair scratching and poking you. Patience with new routines because hair is dead so you cannot return it to full health, for the most part condition, condition, condition some more and it should soften up.

Anje
July 5th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I know I've found my braid wrapped around my neck a few times when I tried sleeping that way. After that I switched to a sleep bonnet (straitjacket for hair!).

You just trimmed it and now the ends are scratchy? I can relate to that. All those new-cut tips can feel weird. Cutting it off won't help, but deep-moisture treating it might help it feel softer and could encourage waves over general puffiness. Same with oiling it slightly (I prefer while damp). Otherwise, put it up and leave it up.

HadessThera
July 5th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I've also been going through a "should I just cut it off and start again" phase, well, actually more of a aggro-panic-meltdown "I'm going to SHAVE IT OFF!!!" phase but yes, I feel your pain...

embee
July 5th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Much sympathy! One reason I love my hair long is that I can put it up and there's not as many little hairs tickling tickling tickling my face/eyes/ears/nose/mouth. Arrgh! Used to drive me nuts. Now it's all slicked back and up - the mean library lady look. :D