PDA

View Full Version : What hair texture would you call this?

millyaulait
July 4th, 2013, 07:26 PM
So, this is Penelope Cruz. I just came across this picture and realized..... her hair - it looks like *mine*!

Well, I mean, hers is shorter and a different colour, but the texture and the way it sits is exactly the same!

It's sort of almoooost wavey, but not. Her left side (same side as her bangs fall) is closest to my hair.

What would you hair type her as, in this photo? I have always wondered if I typed myself correctly or not. :o

http://jp2.r0tt.com/l_6896db50-95e2-11e1-9b59-01e5c5400002.jpg

leoninnu
July 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Well, if we were to assume that this hair in this picture is natural and not heavily styled, then I would guess it would be maybe something like 1b, since it's not totally straight but no really wavy either, just little on the ends. Then I would say M for medium. The hair doesn't have the softness (and frizz and flyaways and all the other annoyances) of fine hair but it doesn't look coarse either. I don't know :D Thickness could definitely be iii since it looks like there's a lot of hair on the back too.

But yeah, a little styling can do things to your hair, so hair typing someone from a photo like this is not really accurate at all. Underneath that volume there could be heavily teased hair that has just been smoothed on the outside. The hair could totally be F instead of M too, just with tons of product to make it behave. And the picture is grainy to boot. And thickness is something you need a measuring tape for. Mine is ii but way closer to i than iii. But it's not that hard to style mine to look like it's very thick, when it's not. I would not hairtype myself based on any picture like this.

As boring as it sounds, you just need to look at the charts, measure the ponytail circumference and observe single strands. It's our best guestimation with any of us :)

biogirl87
July 4th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Millyaulait, it's hard to say going by this photo as she probably had lots of product added to her hair when it was being styled. Adding product to hair will change the hair type in many cases. I found a picture of her at the age of 20 when her bangs had a slight (1b/1c) wave to them, but even in that picture it was to tell if her hair was styled or not (most of it was pulled back).

Jenny31557
July 4th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I would say 1c (I'm not an expert) but it is fairly straight with a lot of movement, but not wavy.

MidnightMoon
July 4th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Cruz, not Cruise :p

millyaulait
July 4th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks, all. :flower:

That all makes sense. You're right about the styling and such, I hadn't really thought of that....

Ack, 4 am, you make me ask silly questions. :)