PDA

View Full Version : Blonde to medium auburn with little to no damage

StephanieP3
July 2nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
So I went blonde from dark dark brown a few months ago and can't stand the upkeep! So last night I went chemical with Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Auburn 4d I think it was? And this is how it came out! I like it because it's a little light in the light, but in typical indoor lighting it looks darker red. It's a nice step on my way back to dark. AND I seem to have little to no damage. I think because my hair had lots of argan oil and monoi oil from my previous post wash oiling. Anyway, here it is! No blonde patches even though I almost ran out of 2 bottles of dye toward the end! I had to smooth it into my hair from the ends and stuff so I didn't have blonde patches on the back of my head! I'm babbling, here it is!

Before:http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g47/I-Live-To-See-You-DIE/curls.jpg

After!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g47/I-Live-To-See-You-DIE/IMAG0149.jpg (Lots of bathroom lighting)

in the darker living room:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g47/I-Live-To-See-You-DIE/IMAG0154.jpg

Jenny31557
July 2nd, 2013, 08:11 AM
That's a really big improvement! I'm glad you didn't notice any (or much) damage. Are you going to keep it auburn for a while?

StephanieP3
July 2nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Thank you! I'm going to see how I like it for a month or two, if I like it I may root touch up with the same color, or I may go darker red on my way back to dark brown. I'll probably just see how I feel. I kept the blonde for like..3 and a half months? And I've been red more than any other color (aside from my natural color) so it's very likely I may stay here for a little while!

StephanieP3
July 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
Can people also chime in as to what length I am? My hair goes to the bottom of my bra (I think past? I'll have to double check) and if I follow it around it goes to the bottom of my ribs basically when it's down my back.

AmyBeth
July 2nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
That is such a beautiful color! In the picture you posted, your hair looks to me like almost waist- maybe 3 inches away? And a really solid hemline.

Jenny31557
July 2nd, 2013, 12:32 PM
Definitely past bra strap. I would say you are around waist length. Maybe a few more inches until hip length.

fairview
July 2nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Excellent job. You did what we were talking about in regards to repigmenting your hair before going darker. This is an in between color from where you were at to your natural. Now you should be able to go to your natural color with absolutely no problem. Color used to be very damaging in the past with high levels or ammonia. Today, quality color will put the hair into better condition than what it was prior to coloring.

StephanieP3
July 2nd, 2013, 08:54 PM
Excellent job. You did what we were talking about in regards to repigmenting your hair before going darker. This is an in between color from where you were at to your natural. Now you should be able to go to your natural color with absolutely no problem. Color used to be very damaging in the past with high levels or ammonia. Today, quality color will put the hair into better condition than what it was prior to coloring.

Thank you! I got a dye with no ammonia. It definitely feels a little smoother.

starlamelissa
July 3rd, 2013, 02:42 PM
So I went blonde from dark dark brown a few months ago and can't stand the upkeep! So last night I went chemical with Revlon Colorsilk in Medium Auburn 4d I think it was? And this is how it came out! I like it because it's a little light in the light, but in typical indoor lighting it looks darker red. It's a nice step on my way back to dark. AND I seem to have little to no damage.

I have used revlon colorsilk medium auburn number 42 for 2 years, every month. So that's 24 boxes now? I'm at butt crack length, no crazy damage here ;). I refresh the length with direct deposit manic panic every so often.

StephanieP3
July 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I have used revlon colorsilk medium auburn number 42 for 2 years, every month. So that's 24 boxes now? I'm at butt crack length, no crazy damage here ;). I refresh the length with direct deposit manic panic every so often.

Oh that's a great idea! I was thinking of more red but maybe next time I'll touch up my roots and think about using manic panic. Thanks for the idea!

jacqueline101
July 9th, 2013, 08:34 PM
It looks great.

blueyedcurls
July 9th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Henna is awesome for red!