PDA

View Full Version : Hair trimming before going abroad?

joflakes
July 2nd, 2013, 12:27 AM
Hi all!

I was wondering if you could help.

I am off to Thailand in about 10 days for 3 weeks. My hair has been through it a bit and has quite a lot of white dots and splits. It really isn't worth me S&Ding as I'd be there all week!

Do you guys think it is worth having a trim before I go to Thailand? I just know it's gonna be hot and humid and I'm gonna wanna put it up a lot and I'm worried that it'll make the splits/dots worse.

The last time I had a trim was at the beginning of April, but I had a gnat's whisker taken off! Before that it was 12 months previous.

Thanks so much! :flower:

Jenny31557
July 2nd, 2013, 07:13 AM
I think s+d is probably the best option if you don't want to lose length unnecessarily. If not, then just try to keep your hair well moisturised and wear it up to protect the ends from getting more splits and trim when you get home again.
Sorry I can't be of more help and have fun in Thailand!! :)

CSallaround
July 2nd, 2013, 07:34 AM
I think getting a small trim before the trip is a good idea. I would also be worried that my hair would become more damaged during the vacation when there are already signs of splits. I would probably trim the ends before the trip, just a small trim and then S&D thoroughly. Then try to take as good care as possible during the trip and really baby the hair when I get home, maybe get another small trim, but totally depends on the condition of the hair after the vacation. (I was in Africa in March and I didn't take as good care of my hair as I should, so now I had to cut off about 7 cm and I think that trip mixed with the old damage from highlights are to blame).

Have a great trip!!

goldloli
July 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Trim half now and S&D, another half after the trip. I cut my hair prior to a trip and my ends were trashed again after, i wish i'd left some of the ends to take the damage.

SerinaDaith
July 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
I thought my hair would be trashed after camping for 20 days but it really wasn't I did use a lot of silk scarves to keep it up and safe from wind and dust which seemed to help a lot. If you feel that your hair is rough now but may be worse by the end of the trip I would leave the length so that what is already damaged will take the brunt so to speak then trim when you get home.

Stellaaa
July 2nd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Trim half now and S&D, another half after the trip. I cut my hair prior to a trip and my ends were trashed again after, i wish i'd left some of the ends to take the damage.

I thought my hair would be trashed after camping for 20 days but it really wasn't I did use a lot of silk scarves to keep it up and safe from wind and dust which seemed to help a lot. If you feel that your hair is rough now but may be worse by the end of the trip I would leave the length so that what is already damaged will take the brunt so to speak then trim when you get home.

What they said. I'd leave it, have fun in Thailand not worrying about trashing your already trashed ends, and then get trimmed when you get back.

Stellaaa
July 2nd, 2013, 10:02 AM
double post

Merlin
July 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
Years ago we were going camping in Provence for 10 days in July and Mrs M had about, oh, a foot cut off...which did give her the cutest ever pixie cut but might be more than you were planning!

You've not thought of doing corn-rows or something and just forgetting about it while you're abroad?

jacqueline101
July 2nd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Id try to s&d the ends.

Nini
July 2nd, 2013, 11:36 AM
It's only three weeks, I'd just leave it be and see how it is when you get home.

joflakes
July 2nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies! :flower:

Merlin that's not a bad idea actually! Maybe I can find somewhere to do that when I am there, there isn't anywhere (that I know of) near me that could do it, and I definitely don't have the arm strength to do it either!

Hmm, I'm not sure what to do now! I got someone else IRL to look at the hair and they said it felt not too dry and didn't look bad. I may just wait til after and see how it is...

prettyhairisred
July 2nd, 2013, 12:19 PM
I love the expression a gnats whisker. Going to use that one day!

joflakes
July 2nd, 2013, 01:06 PM
:laugh: thanks!