PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Merida inspired no heat curls

lapushka
July 1st, 2013, 03:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_654300&feature=iv&src_vid=qyGRJPoy2K0&v=_wF2rYDPWAE

honeybunnie8
July 1st, 2013, 03:15 PM
I saw that and thought it was really cute but i can't imagine sleeping with straws in my hair.
But i bet you could do it with thin fabric instead :)

DarkCurls
July 1st, 2013, 03:21 PM
Wow I love the results! *wants to try* Thank you for the link.

Vanilla
July 1st, 2013, 06:16 PM
I love cute girls hairstyles! They do such amazing tutorials.

Shoga
July 1st, 2013, 06:46 PM
That looks FUN!! I'm tempted to try it. :D

jacqueline101
July 1st, 2013, 10:03 PM
It looks fun except for the straws.

Gladtobemom
July 1st, 2013, 10:28 PM
My daughter has curly hair, but hates that her curls are unpredictable and get frizzy. She's done straw curls for years, but she does them differently. She uses
large MacDonald's type straws and cuts them in half, then uses huge bobby pins to hold them.
She twists a strand, winds it round the straw, starting close to one end in a tight spiral down the straw.
stick one leg (flat one) into the straw and uses the other leg to hold the hair onto the straw (bobby pin ends are toward the scalp), she sometimes sticks a second bobby pin going the other direction on the straw on the parts of her head where the hair is longer.
She ends up with a whole head of straws that can "flop" around like dreads.
This gives her really predictable even and well defined curls.

She does use a curl definer called "Rockin Ringlets" on her damp hair before curling.
If you have straighter hair, you might want to use some old fashioned "wave set." which you can get from Sally's

CurlyCap
July 2nd, 2013, 01:24 AM
"It doesn't get much curlier than that."

Lol. Yes lady. It definitely does.