PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefer layers or no layers?

PetuniaBlossom
June 29th, 2013, 05:11 AM
It seems that a lot of people have layers, either long or short, but don't like them and are growing them out. So this isn't a question about whether or not you have layers, but whether or not you want layers.
For myself, I prefer a blunt cut.
To paraphrase, I've had layers and I've had blunt, and blunt is better. Once I reach my goal length, watch out layers, you're history!

Loreley
June 29th, 2013, 05:23 AM
I prefer blunt on myself but on others I like layers as well. I depends on the hair texture, thickness and length.

DarkCurls
June 29th, 2013, 05:35 AM
I'm one of those people who had layers and complained about them all the time. I had layers for maybe five years, and I couldn't really remember what it felt like to have my hair cut blunt. I'd also never had curly hair with a blunt hemline (my hair was still straight back then).

I clicked on this poll thinking "No layers!" but actually, I do like layers. I like the shape they give my hair, and face-framing layers balance my features out and I feel like they suit everyone. I just don't like how see-through they make my ends.

I got rid of the last of my layers a few weeks back (only have shorter bits on the sides that are my grown-out bangs now, so it's more like a U-hem actually), and ugh, layers or thin ends are actually so much more practical for bunning. I never knew! It's really starting to annoy me. But my braids look thicker and fuller. Overall I love how thick my ends feel, it's really different from layers. And no hair sticks out from my braids. I plan to grow out with a slight U-hem, and then see what I want to do with it when I'm at my goal length. Since I joined the LHC I've been green with envy over some of the non-layered hemlines here. So I'm still going to vote Blunt cut. :)

But if I wore my hair down every day, I would probably have it heavily layered and with face-framing layers. And if it wasn't curly, I might even still have bangs.

LadyCelestina
June 29th, 2013, 05:45 AM
I had layers but I cut to as blunt as I can manage.Long layered curls looked weird at the hemline.Mine tend to clump together,so I had like three fat curled rolls down my back.I think it was decent with shorter hair,like shoulder to APL.

ravenreed
June 29th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I love layers. I don't like the way blunt hemlines look at all.

Suze2012
June 29th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I love layers!

I'm a curly though and layers give my hair a better shape.

I do also prefer to see some layers on straighter hair generally though...but that's just my preference and it really is all down to what suits someone.

millyaulait
June 29th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I love long layers (with a fringe too!), I love the movement and texture it provides when hair is worn down.

They add an amazing dimension to braid waves and bun curls. Sure, braids don't look perfect, but a little imperfection is attractive to me.

My layers are starting to grow out a little as my hair grows, but I still like them & I will get them re-cut once I reach waist.

Blunt is definitely not for me - it looks very stiff and proper to me - perhaps even a bit aged/old.

I love layers on pretty much everyone! :D

juliaxena
June 29th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Blunt. I only like layers on curly hair.

jacqueline101
June 29th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I like my v hem line but no other layers. Got to have my fringe.

Neneka
June 29th, 2013, 08:42 AM
I like blunt cut without bangs on myself. For long I had bangs but tried always grow them out. I have never really had layers if I don't count weird shag after pixie but I cut it a lot to get rid of them while my sister grew her pixie out without cutting and ended up looking nice with her layers that were quite obvious when I last saw her. :)

On other people I like whatever makes them happy with their hair.

chen bao jun
June 29th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Don't like layers at all. I used to get stuck with them by hairdressers since I have hypercurly very thick hair. Never asked for them but when they cut my hair they would put them in. I guess they are face framing but make impossible to put my hair up or braid it, which is what I like to do. They also seem to make it necessary to 'style' my hair more and of course keep me going back to the hairdresser to shape them up again.
I do have bangs, mostly to hide a widows peak that I have. Might get rid of them, though.
I don't like layers on other people either. They usually seem to be combined with heavily flatironed or blowdried hair (maybe because people who get layers often go to hairstylists) and usually the bottom layer is so thin that I can see through it, which is not attractive to me. But of course, if the person who has them likes them, its their business, not mine.

Kaelee
June 29th, 2013, 09:39 AM
I love layers on other people, but not on me. Maybe I just haven't found the right stylist, but I have a 50/50 shot of getting nice, blended layers or something feathered. :(

When my hair reaches waist or lower, I might change my mind and get LONG, blended layers, but I doubt it as it will be hard to trim myself. At my length, I don't want any layers that won't go into updos.

CaitlinMarie93
June 29th, 2013, 09:52 AM
After a really bad experience with layers almost 5 years ago, I am too scarred to get anything remotely close to layers probably for forever. I voted for blunt cut for myself, but I do love layers on others :)

nobeltonya
June 29th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Blunt cut, hands down. I used to experiment with different lengths and styles above my shoulders, and it was HORRIBLE trying to grow out layers.. while the cuts look neat for a few weeks, they require a lot of maintenance... which is why I have long hair now! [and bangs look horrible on me.. plus I have overly oily skin so they irritate it] :D :disco:

HumanBean
June 29th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I just got my haircut yesterday (it had been a year with a couple of self-trims in between) and I got layers at the very ends. I like for my hair to lay beautifully when I wear it down, and having layers does that for me. To me, it's worth the extra bobby pins in an updo.

KAggs
June 29th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I've always had layers as long as I can remember. I'm looking forward to a blunt cut once I reach WSL and chop the layers at that point.

Tia2010
June 29th, 2013, 11:31 AM
When I had layers, I HATED them!! Couldn't wait to be rid of them, and cut 4+ inches off my hair just to get rid of them shortly after joining here.

I've been keeping my hair at waist and blunt for about 7 months now (now I decided I want hip again, so back to growing) ... and I miss layers LOL.

I don't want any cut in the back, I like the full thickness of one length but I need something around my face because all one length is just dragging me down.

So I guess I like some long layers, but only around the front none in the back...if that makes any sense.

Kyla
June 29th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I got layers in my hair in January, and I felt it made a huge improvement in the way that my hair hung and moved. :) So I love them on myself.

HollyG
June 29th, 2013, 11:57 AM
LOVE them!!
I think they give so much more volume to hair when it gets longer and (no offence) prevents straighter hair looking more dull (IMO). I've had layers since i was about 13/14 and i'm now 21. I just use a creaclip though (best investment ever)

goldloli
June 29th, 2013, 01:25 PM
LOVE them!!
I think they give so much more volume to hair when it gets longer and (no offence) prevents straighter hair looking more dull (IMO). I've had layers since i was about 13/14 and i'm now 21. I just use a creaclip though (best investment ever)

really? i think that effect only works up until waist length and after that hair looks thinner with layers, since this is lhc and long is a different meaning than to the outside world then i say layers make lhc length hair look seethrough/stringy/damaged/patchy, obviously this is not all cases but more often than not.

ladylowtide
June 29th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Blunt. I have grown out bands, all sorts of heavy layers. It make my waist length hair look thin and I have a crap ton of hair. I think maybe because my hair is very straight?? No bangs is my new preference because I prefer be able to put my hair up with fuss.

HintOfMint
June 29th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I love layers with a fiery passion. It doesn't matter how long my hair gets, I will have triangle head without layers. They're god's gift.

Anabell
June 29th, 2013, 03:02 PM
No layers for me. I had layers for 4 years. Than I spent 6 years to grow them out. I still have last two layers. I used to love them. I remember that when I was a teenager it seems like a whole new thing to us . All my childhood I had blunt cut. But after a few years I was all about thickness (it start with length. Then I want gain thickness too...) so I stop cut a new ones while my hair grow. I love how blunt cut looks when it down, and how it looks in braids...

leslissocool
June 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I took off all my layers recently (big 6 inch chop!) and I prefer my hair without them.

Honestly at TBL layers made my hair look very thin in the ends. I don't like that.But if I ever want to go shorter than waist layers are a complete must, I get triangle head.

lilliemer
June 29th, 2013, 03:20 PM
No layers for me, I get see through ends. I was getting layers to try to accentuate curls but my hair is actually behaving much better with the layers gone. It was, i don't know, maybe 76 different lengths when I joined here a year ago...Things are evening up nicely though. I did keep a couple face framers but they are blunt cut too (no more razored ends). On some people layers look great though, I guess it just depends on the hair type and the skill of whoever is cutting the hair.

renee2day
June 29th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Alternating between layers and blunt is part of my strategy for growing out my hair. Part of my hair is always growing out while part of it is getting monthly trims that help keep the ends looking healthy. I had a short layered cut about 5 years ago from a moment of hair insanity related to bad color experiment. I grew this out to blunt neck length while also figuring out highlighting I could live with. Basically every month I would bring all the hair that would reach to a single point at the bottom of my neck and trim off the excess. This meant the lower layers were getting trimmed regularly and the top or crown hardly at all. This blunt look worked really well for me and became my new reset point. Reset point being where I could always take my hair if I messed it up too much with color. Then I took my bangs. Very thin section and bring that section to my chin and trim. Then I held that section straight out from my forehead and brought all the other hair in sections to that point and trimmed off excess every month. This resulted in gradually longer layers. I also decreased the amount of highlighting. About a year into this with bleached highlights and blow drying and heat staying the ends started to split and I really didn't want to go back to the reset point. So a search on google brought me to this site. I gave up highlights and heat styling and spent winter studying threads here. Last winter I hit my next reset when my whole head of hair reached the same point. This results in layers from chin down to near waist in back and just at bra band in front. Now I'm trimming my hair at that point at the bottom of my front bra band. So my layers are gradually becoming more blunt. I have some future set points planned as goal lengths. But I don't have goals past having the whole head of hair reaching my belly button. It's working for me and I've been happy with any version past shoulder leangth blunt probably cause I can pull it back into something. It's also been a good way to gradually trimoff the highlights while still being able to gain length. My hair is wavy but can look strait and is not very thick and is on the fine to medium and is naturally dark blond. My hair is worn back in a chignon most of the time now and a few of the chin length layers pop out around my face so people get surprised when they see how long my hair is if I wear it down. I find the layers worked really well with sock bun or hair band curls. Now that its thickening up with better care and blunt trimming that hair buns are finally looking substantial which makes me happy. Go with what makes you happy and always have a back up plan.

BlazingHeart
June 29th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Almost no layers for me. If I cut in typical layers, with my thick, wavy hair, I end up with a huge POOF. I tried it when I was 15, and I ended up looking like a country singer from the '80s - impossibly huge volume.

However, to get my hair to lay nicely at the end, my stylist cuts in kind of...micro-layers in the last 2-3 inches of my hair. It makes it curve under nicely and lay smoothly. She's the only stylist who has been able to reliably make my hair look good. In theory, that cut requires heat to style, but I've found that as long as I brush it out just before it's fully dried, it lays perfectly pretty much every time. (that is, if I want to wear it 'straight-ish'. If I don't, I just let it dry and then try not to touch it, because my brush kills my waves)

eros
June 29th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I really really wish I could have a blunt cut with a straight or V hemline(I LOVE that look!), but my hair just wont obey. It'll look very pyramid-ish and eventhough I've grown past that, my hair still wont lay flat and neatly at the bottom. It's all jumbled up and a mess. I think I just don't have the right hairtype/texture for it (eventhough I'm 1b), so I got layers just yesterday. :(

lapushka
June 29th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I had layers, then I went back to a blunt, all even length, and now I'm reconsidering layers. But first I'm going to grow it back out a little, from waist length, before having layers cut back in... I think. I'm still thinking about it. In short, I don't mind either...

labailaora
June 29th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I like how they look at shorter lengths, and when worn down, but I find them impractical, personally - my hair's not particularly voluminous anyway, and since I wear it up 95% of the time, it's just easier to have a relatively blunt cut. (I do favor a U-shaped hemline, though, just because I find a straight-across sharp edge to look very harsh and a little thin on my hair.)

seaj
June 29th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I like layers because I feel like hair needs to "breathe". To me, blunt hair cuts only look good with straight hair.

biogirl87
June 29th, 2013, 05:22 PM
I've had layers cut into my hair the past trims, but I'm thinking of growing them out as they seem to take away from the volume of my hair. So, on myself I prefer the no layers look. On others, I don't know.

TheMechaGinger
June 29th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I put layers but all I like in terms of layers is my v-shaped hemline. I used to have all over layers and I couldn't braid or bun my hair without it all fraying out and looking awful, and this was at bsl even. I'm growing out my fringe currently so they become more face framing layers and less fringe, that way I can leave them out if I want to or easily put them back in an updo without having to pin them.

red-again
June 29th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Just a few layers around my face as I have fine hair but a lot of it and without layers it tends to just hang which doesn't suit my face shape.

Long layers tho!

mamaherrera
June 29th, 2013, 11:51 PM
No layers for me, I get see through ends. I was getting layers to try to accentuate curls but my hair is actually behaving much better with the layers gone. It was, i don't know, maybe 76 different lengths when I joined here a year ago...Things are evening up nicely though. I did keep a couple face framers but they are blunt cut too (no more razored ends). On some people layers look great though, I guess it just depends on the hair type and the skill of whoever is cutting the hair.

This is totally me. I had layers as a child and it helped as I brushed my hair Now that I've embraced my curls, I find that with these major layers, like a U I would say, I have see through ends, skinny, few curls, and I don't like that, it looks like my hair has been damaged or something. Plus I have all this bulk and that a major drop off and then these thin ends. Not liking it, even when I straighted it, I didn't like the major drop off point, the layers are way too far separated, not blended, I guess that's the new style now, instead of blended layers, to do what is the word for it. . . . it's on the tip of my tongue, but where they're majorly separated, don't like!

kidari
June 30th, 2013, 02:21 AM
For myself? I like layers. I don't think I will ever pick up braiding skills or patience to do it on long hair... which is the only reason why I'd go for a blunt cut. Also, how it looks down is hugely important to me. So shorter length and layers it is!

kidari
June 30th, 2013, 02:24 AM
This is totally me. I had layers as a child and it helped as I brushed my hair Now that I've embraced my curls, I find that with these major layers, like a U I would say, I have see through ends, skinny, few curls, and I don't like that, it looks like my hair has been damaged or something. Plus I have all this bulk and that a major drop off and then these thin ends. Not liking it, even when I straighted it, I didn't like the major drop off point, the layers are way too far separated, not blended, I guess that's the new style now, instead of blended layers, to do what is the word for it. . . . it's on the tip of my tongue, but where they're majorly separated, don't like!

I think maybe they are called disconnected layers? Or the cut is like a long shag? Or it's simply a bad haircut done by an unskilled stylist? I know what you mean and I agree with you that I hate that too. Long layers that are nicely blended are better. I think razoring and thinning is meant more for really short styles that get cut very often, not long ones.

kidari
June 30th, 2013, 02:25 AM
oops double post

CurlyCap
June 30th, 2013, 05:07 AM
I think layers provide more movement in the hair and are better for people who like to wear their hair down.

A blunt cut is more suited to people who prefer tidy updos.

Personally, I love blunt cuts but think a person should only have them in their hair is in impeccable shape from root to tip. Otherwise, it just looks ratty and I wish they'd cut in layers to preserve the length but improve the health of their hair.

I'm currently growing towards blunt (STILL have some leftover layers from my original pixie). My hair is curly, but I love the ridiculous volume a blunt cut gives me. For years I had it layered to control the volume, but I'm finding that look kinda boring now.

CoyoteSarah
June 30th, 2013, 06:28 PM
I like the way blunt cuts look on most people but on myself, I'm not so sure. So I chose Cheese. :P ^_^ I'm used to having layers I guess but I'm growing mine out currently so I guess we'll see how they look in the future.

princess007
June 30th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I love long blended layers on wavy/curly hair. I think they give really nice movement to the hair and are really attractive. But like I said, they have to be blended. I HATE the layers that look like stairs/steps. You know those kind, where it is one section is a certain length and then the next section is all the same length and the third section above that is all the same length....and so on. It looks like you are wearing stairs. They have to be blended layers.

biogirl87
June 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Princess, I know what you're talking as I think the layers that I have right now are the kind you describe. That's one of the reasons I want to grow them out.

coffinhert
June 30th, 2013, 08:27 PM
I think layers look really good for my hair type (wavy, thick and a little poofy). So I have layers. But I think blunt cuts look really nice with some hair, especially very straight hair.

coffinhert
June 30th, 2013, 08:33 PM
I HATE the layers that look like stairs/steps. You know those kind, where it is one section is a certain length and then the next section is all the same length and the third section above that is all the same length....and so on. It looks like you are wearing stairs. They have to be blended layers.

I could not agree more!!! I don't know why stylists cut it like that. Recently I heard the term "beveled cut" which describes perfect blending. If I ever let someone else cut my hair again I will definitely use that word.

clioariane
July 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I love subtle layers to give the hair more depth and movement.

biogirl87
July 4th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I think layers look really nice on certain wavy and curly hair types, but I also think they make it really difficult to find split ends. So, for people who go to salons for trims they could work really well but for self-trimmers they could be a pain in the neck.

Vampyria
July 4th, 2013, 02:14 PM
I only have choppy face framing layers (and fringe), and I really like them because my hair gets kind of lifted, and that suits my face much better than just one length, which looks really flat on me. I really like blunt hemlines or long choppy face framing layers on others.

Sharysa
July 4th, 2013, 02:23 PM
I picked "Cheese" because I'm not sure where fairytale-ends go, since they're not quite blunt but they're clearly not layered.

I like blunt cuts on straight hair, but long layers are great for curly/wavy hair.

On my own, though, any kind of intentional layers leads to poof.

Lockoptimisten
July 4th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I like layers because I feel like hair needs to "breathe". To me, blunt hair cuts only look good with straight hair.

I totally agree, blunt cut is a lot less intresting. V-shape also improve womens figure.

Calaelen
July 4th, 2013, 08:57 PM
On me? No layers fairytale ends on others layers can be stunning.

PraiseCheeses
July 4th, 2013, 09:56 PM
If I had the thickness for it, I'd have my hair layered from lip-level to tailbone, so I voted layers. But that would require about four times the amount of hair I have....

Right now, length and the associated styling capabilities are more important, so even though I know layers give me a much-needed softness around my face, I'll wear a blunt U hemline.

Magalo
July 4th, 2013, 10:10 PM
I like blunt cut on fine, very straight hair. The coarser/curlier your hair is, the better it looks with layers!

UltraBella
July 4th, 2013, 11:42 PM
I strongly prefer layers, I can't stand my hair without them.

twilightrose
July 5th, 2013, 12:01 AM
On myself, I prefer a couple layers, some face framing. my hair is so heavy and wavy, it just helps with the shape. Layers make me feel sexy..

Oksana
July 5th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I really like layers but on myself I much prefer a blunt cut. . . one day I will achieve this!

battles
July 5th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I'm really, really picky. For me, U or V shaped hem. Sometimes I do like long layers and bangs.

I don't think I would ever want a blunt cut.

cathair
July 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Voted cheese. Who needs layers when you have fairytale ends? ;)

Anje
July 5th, 2013, 01:11 PM
On me, I said "blunt cut", but I really prefer U hems (which I consider still unlayered) over straight across blunt-cuts. Some of that is practicality -- I don't wear my hair loose all that often, and layers suck if you want to put your hair up or in a braid.

But it depends on the person and the hair. I tend to like hemlines becoming increasingly V-shaped or fairytaled the curlier hair gets, and I think that straight 1a hair can pull off a blunt hemline very nicely.

Anje
July 5th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Double post. Move along.

SchnauzerMom
July 5th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Layers make my hair look thin. I'm in the process of growing them out. I do like to have bangs though.

heidr
July 6th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I love layers and the way they move but my hair is so fine and thin they just don't look right. The last few haircuts I've gotten have been so bad that the layers were super choppy and uneven and I hated it. I got the back evened out about a month ago and now I'm just going keep a u shape for a while.

NoRush
July 6th, 2013, 06:56 PM
I like the idea of layers but I think it's very difficult to find a hair styist who can do them right, I found that all the time I'd get great looking face framing layers and a few scraggly long layers at the back, left there so I wouldn't "feel" like I had lost any length. Besides my hair doesn't play well with volume no matter how short it is, so for me there's little point in them. :)

sumidha
July 6th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I love layers in theory, but on me, in reality, they are impossible to keep from get split ended and straggly looking. A blunt cut is easier for me to maintain. :)

Puchuca
July 6th, 2013, 09:53 PM
I like layers on myself but just the final 3 inches so my hair doesn't look too dull. On other people it really depends on the hair type, I believe they look adorable on curly heads. And on straight hair i like U/one length hemlines!

Sunny_side_up
July 7th, 2013, 06:35 AM
I'm aiming for a blunt cut again, after cutting my own face framing layers months ago.
Was quite short at the front but has since grown out nicely,(much patience needed) also my side swept fringe is growing out, I don't have an urge for a fringe anytime soon, especially in summer. Have had layered hair and grown them out to even length throughout my time on LHC :P I seem to like them for a short period then go for growing my hair to one length. I ask my mum to even out my hair, sometimes going for several inches in one go...I Have not had a trim for a few months now and plan for a bit more length then mini trims to even out my hair. Its a maintenance thing for me too, like some other people have said. My hair type tends to see my layers going a bit whispy and flyaway in a short period of time.

Jing
July 7th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I'm tentatively voting cheese. I have layers because I started growing from a pixie, and they are incredibly annoying since they make my hair so prone to fall out of updos. I can't pull off any updo that should work for my actual length (BSL) because the layers escape no matter how much I twist. At the same time, I'm ambivalent about absolutely blunt hemlines. Sometimes they work, sometimes they look... I don't know, chopped off. I'm going to maintain at BSL for a few months to let my layers catch up a bit, but I am undecided as to what I'll do about my hemline when I reach my goal length.

teddygirl
July 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I like the way layers make my hair lay. I wear it down alot, and it just flows nicer with layers. I only like blunt cuts on very straight fine hair.

ImDeeba
July 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I think layers give a very modern and smart look to long hair, plus a lot of movement :cool:
My aim is to have hip/tailbone lenght hair with lots of layers <3

Bun15
July 8th, 2013, 11:04 AM
I think it would also depend on the hemline no? I guess you could say no layers but a rounded hemline.

Anywhere
July 8th, 2013, 07:40 PM
I prefer a blunt cut with bangs, I don't have layers, and don't want them. I had them once and grew them out immediately.

Olafwa
July 8th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Layers look nice, especially on other people. It would probably look good on me too but I just can't stand them. The one time I had layers they just annoyed me to no end. I don't even like bangs/fringe. They might look okay on me (If stereotypical, which I hate.) but they just bother me in terms of upkeep and styling. I've had a completely blunt cut for a long time and I doubt I will change it. So while I like layers for the aesthetic I find them too annoying and too much trouble to have.

agent orange
July 8th, 2013, 10:13 PM
I need layers. My wavy hair that tends to frizz would look like a mop otherwise. They've got to be well-done layers, though, my hair is not forgiving of choppy layers at all.

anitacs9101
July 8th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I like layers on me, but I HATE them when I'm trying to do updos/braids and the fact that it reduces thickness :( If I cut my hair short I would probably get layers. I also love bangs on other people and have seriously considered getting them.

kme81
July 8th, 2013, 11:17 PM
I voted blunt with bangs, but it was close in the running with all blunt.
I haven't had bangs in twelve or so years but about two months ago I cut some bangs into, there are times when I wish I had not done it, but for the most part I really enjoy the way that they can soften updo's.

So maybe I got off on a tangent there, but bottom line is that I like blunt cuts better than layers (I've had those as well!), but I will say that I like a rounded hemline. I think I like soft things, not hard angles. :shrug:

Anywho, I rambled big-time on this post, sorry about that!

ExpectoPatronum
July 9th, 2013, 12:03 AM
I go back and forth...When I have layers, I want them gone. When I don't have layers, I'd love to have them. My hair kind of looks the same no matter if I have layers or not...I'm not sure why I think one or the other makes a difference.

But, for the sake of having a nice thick, clean braid, I vote no layers.

Ravenwind
July 9th, 2013, 12:12 AM
I've had layers for way too long and I would like my hair to be all one length eventually. When my hair was shorter I HATED my layers because they were so short and my hair is naturally wavy, so it got poofy. As my hair has gotten longer I don't really mind them anymore, because they're a lot more manageable. So my thought is, the longer the hair and the longer the layers, the better.

Emanuelle
July 9th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Blunt cut for now... I have layers, which I'm growing out. I can always go back to layers if I don't like how a blunt cut looks on me.

Heavy Raindrops
July 9th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I've had layered hairstyles a couple of times and I don't like it anymore, I prefer a blunt end now.

MermaidMane
July 16th, 2013, 01:43 AM
I say no layers with face framing pieces in front, to give the illusion of layers.