PDA

View Full Version : Deity of Hair/ Deity America products?

Hellokim
June 26th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Did a search but didn't find a thread on this yet. Let me know if I missed it.

I found this hair care line at my local pharmacy. Of the different products they say either Deity of Hair or Deity America on them. They have a lot of Asian writing. I bought the shampoo called "Plant Shampoo for Hair Loss" for my coworker who has been experiencing accelerated fall out recently and lots of allergic reactions to basically the whole world. So she may not be able to even try this stuff.

I haven't tried these yet, just bought them and am excited to do my research.

The Shampoo ingredients are (listed only as "main ingredients"):
tuber of multiflower,
knotweed,
angelica,
fruit of Rangoon creeper,
fruit of glossy privet,
myrobalan,
root bark of shaggy fruited dittany,
ginseng,
saffron.

Weird, huh?

Ok I also bought the "Tibet tonic hair regrowth restorer." Not sure what that even means but I have pretty thin hair and I'm always on the look out for something that will give me more hair (pipe dream).

Tonic ingredients:
rhizome of large headed atractylodes,
ginger,
angelica,
fruit of Rangoon creeper,
ginseng,
saffron,
fruit of glossy privet,
leaf of arborvitae,
linseed,
vegetable oil (this one scares me a bit, haven't done my research on it, but also have never heard of anyone putting veg. oil in their hair)

Has anyone out there used this stuff? Or familiar with the ingredients?

I'll post my results/review in a few weeks I guess.

emeraldfaery
June 26th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Have never heard of it or seen it, but it sure sounds nice and natural. Will be eagerly awaiting your results.

jacqueline101
June 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I've never heard of it.

Macaroni
June 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Interesting ingredients, but with all the flower and plant extracts, I'd first do an allergy test on my skin.

Hellokim
June 27th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Good idea. I'll do a skin test and then I'll try the shampoo and report my results.
It smells like an old, herbal medicine shop you might find in Chinatown in the 1940's, or what I imagine that to smell like. Dusty and planty.

Hellokim
June 28th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Just wanted to follow up.
I tried the shampoo, which I bought for someone else but they were scared of the unusual origins of the product so I went for it instead. The shampoo stinks! But once it's in your wet hair the smell lessens and then rinsed out I don't smell it at all. I followed the shampoo with my usual suave coconut conditioner and then used the Deity America "Repairing Essence Moisturizing Daily lotion" because the shampoo came with a free sample AND the lotion smelled good- or not bad anyway.

One day result: Very shiney hair. My hair is sort of shiney anyway but the bright shine today was immediately noticeable. My hair does not smell bad at all. It has body and feels nice and smooth. I've decided to keep using this strange shampoo and even ordered a full size of the repairing essence lotion.

I did try the weird Tonic Hair Growth Restorer. Smelled too bad for my taste and not something I'd be able to use as directed (twice daily). So I'll be returning that.

Ok, hope that helps someone in the future who is researching this product. Seems decent and silicone and sulfate-free!