View Full Version : anyone know the name of this hairstyle?

August 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
ive been trying to figure out what this is for a long time, i cant find any pictures because i dont know what its called... i always see people wearing it when i watch tv.. it looks like a braid kind of, except it looks like there are hundreds of strands used.. it looks really complicated.. i only see it on long hair . it looks like a whole bunch of little
\ /
\ /
\ /
except more horizontal... haha. i didnt know how to explain it, i just really want to do it to my hair.

August 30th, 2008, 11:28 AM
herringbone/ fist tail? is that what you mean?

August 30th, 2008, 11:32 AM
yay!!! that is exactly it thank you!! i dont know why i couldnt find it :)

August 30th, 2008, 11:19 PM
should look great in yours, if that's you in your avatar.

August 30th, 2008, 11:40 PM
first off I must say I am very envious of you. your hair is really really long and straight. I rarely see any girls my [our] age that has long and healthy hair like yours.

truepeacenik beat me to it, that's the herringbone braid that you're describing. I've never got the hang of that before I cut my hair short.
hmm, I guess that's my new goal! getting rid of my layers so I can do that style.

August 31st, 2008, 11:49 AM
I've never been able to get that one figured out yet either.
I finally figured out how to get a french braid to work just a few months ago.

August 31st, 2008, 11:58 AM
It's really easy.
1) You divide your hair into 2 equal sections.
2) Take a small section from the outer edge of the right side, cross it to the inside edge of the left section.
3) Then take a small section from outer edge of the left side, cross it to the inside edge of the right section.

Repeat 2 then 3 to the end.