PDA

View Full Version : Olive oil Question

BeccaAngel
June 25th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I use olive oil once in a while (once every couple of weeks or so), keep it in for an hour or more depending on my day. My question is how often would it be ok to use olive oil for my hair? once a week? once every two weeks? I know most people just do whats comfortable to them, I'm just simply trying to find out the Most often that would be ok to do it because I love using it. :)

P.S. Sorry if this is a repeat thread and if there is already a thread to answer my question, please link me in the right direction. Thank you :blossom:

Anje
June 25th, 2013, 05:20 PM
You can use olive oil like you would any other oil. Heavily before a wash or applied sparingly to hair for daily wear. I tend to prefer it to coconut oil as a leave-in, since it makes my hair feel silkier, but I feel like it's a particularly touchy oil for accidentally overapplying as a leave-in. Those with curls might like it better because it does cause great clumps to form when you put it on with a slightly heavier hand.

Firefox7275
June 25th, 2013, 05:59 PM
You can use it daily if you wish, if it doesn't weigh your hair down or irritate your skin.

FrozenBritannia
June 25th, 2013, 06:40 PM
I used to use it every time I washed my hair, on the ends. Never had a problem, except for people wondering why I kept olive oil in the shower. :lol: I should try it again.

The-Young-Maid
June 25th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I used to use everyday as a leave-in without any ill effects. I now use it as a leave-in after every wash. (once a week)

BeccaAngel
June 25th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I'm using it for moisture and it does lighten my hair a bit( which is a bonus) I just soak it in my hair and let it set for a while like a treatment. I guess I would have to use less in my hair to keep it as a leave-in instead.

BeccaAngel
June 26th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the advice :cookie:

catamonica
June 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I use a small bottle of olive oil & water. Spray it on wait five minutes then shampoo. I also added two capfuls of oil to my shampoo & conditioner. It makes it soft. And I add extra to the ends. It's great stuff. Also mix it in my face cream. Hope this helps.

BlazingHeart
June 26th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I can't do olive oil in anything but the smallest quantities and only before a wash. Even then, it is ard for me to get out. My hair just doesn't like it.

Carolyn
June 26th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I think the yellow color was contributing to unwanted gold tones in my hair. I have to fight to keep it ashy blonde. So I've switched to coconut oil or another clear oil. I'm not sure if it was adding to my unwanted gold tones but I wasn't willing to risk it. The performance of olive oil was fine as a prewash oil or as a dry end leave in.

DinaAG
June 26th, 2013, 05:05 PM
daily, its my fav leave in

sakuraemily
June 29th, 2013, 11:39 AM
You can use it as often as you like and however you like. My oiling method is to drench my scalp and hair in the oil. I have to use more shampoo and do it twice but I don't mind because i love the softness and shine olive oil gives me.

HollyG
June 29th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I used it today actually haha.
Usually i use olive oil once or twice a week depending on my hair's condition. I use coconut oil daily though

When i use olive oil i use it as a prewash to