PDA

View Full Version : Invented a new hair curling technique!! (I think :)

darkrose
June 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Basically, I got bored of doing individual pin curls or rags, so I tried to develop a technique that would give similar results in half the time. As I'm on an iPad, I can't submit pictures so I'm gonna explain it the best I can.

You will need : water, ribbons (thin, for tying ends) and longs rags.

Firstly, you will need rags that are abouts 2x your hair lenght, and you will need 4 of them. Roll the rags into a cylinder, about 1cm in diameter, then secure the ends with ribbon or a tie of some kind. Do this for all of the 4 rags.

Then you will need to make sure your hair is damp. Next, place the first rolled rag over your head, basically next to the hairline on the forehead. One half on the rag should hanging one side of your head in front of your shoulders, and the other half should hang down your head in front of your shoulders on the other. So if you were to draw yourself front on, it would vaguely look like you have a banana drapped over your head.
Then, pick a piece of hair next to your parting, a thin piece, and wrap it around the rag twice very tightly (I'll explain later why it has to be tight) then, add more hair to that peice and continue to wrap it around tightly around the rag. Keep adding hair (make sure the hair that you add is close to the rag) until you get to the bottom. Then tie off the ends so it doesn't come undone. The rag will twist around, loosening the curls, that's why it had to be tight when your wrapped the hair.
Once this is done, repeat on the opposite side, starting from the hair parting and going down the hair.

Then, place the next rolled up rag over your head, about an inch behind the first rag and repeat the step above. Next after you've wrapped the hair around that one, put then next rolled up rag behind that one, and then repeat with the next.

Be carful when you unwrap the hair, don't put it too tightly. You will end up with lots of ringlets/spiral curls. I made the mistake of combing them and ending up with an Afro that actually looked pretty cool......

Ill be happy to answer any questions! Sorry if my explanation wasn't very good.

proo
June 24th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Your explanation was great!
I can visualize the process completely -
very cool and inventive.
Waiting for pics.

Jenny31557
June 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM
From what you describe, it sounds a little like a video Torrinpaige did recently. She had beautiful curls afterward!

lapushka
June 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
This sounds a lot like the bandana curls that where somewhere around this forum ages ago (where is that particular page, anyone remember).

chelsea89ms
August 20th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I found this one http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=83181
Im having a hard time with this and pin curls, I always come out looking like shirley temple :silly: Im trying to get looser curls or maybe even waves, I guess its time I learn to braid...

GetMeToWaist
August 20th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Hey just saying that im on an ipad too and you can submit pics by going to tinypic.com, choosin the picture file and copying and pasting the IMG URL you receive onto your post here.