PDA

View Full Version : Hot to create damp hair effect?

SkyIsRed
June 24th, 2013, 12:23 AM
My hair is coarse and unruly, and I've noticed that the best look I get is some time after the shower, when the hair is still slightly damb. Hey look heavy, soft, and the curls are just perfect. Too bad it lasts only an hour:) Is there any way to simulate this effect?

spirals
June 24th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Glycerin. Most of the gels labelled "wet look" have more of it than the other kinds. LA Looks makes one, I think, and La Bella does. They are inexpensive, to boot--worth a try.

PeaceTeaRules
June 24th, 2013, 02:49 AM
You could always try NW/SO method. Most of the people who use this method have sort of the "wet look" to hair that I'm thinking you're trying to achieve... The question is, do you want that wet look all the time, or for a limited time only?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=144 Here's to the NW/SO thread... I don't think I helped at all. I hope I did though. You might not want to change routines though... Sorry for dumb advice... :flowers:

Firefox7275
June 24th, 2013, 03:57 AM
The Curly Girl method, right choice of products/ ingredients for your hair properties, enough product for your hair type (slather on your leave in conditioner and styler), apply product to dripping hair. Loads of information on the CG method over on Naturallycurly.com

Anje
June 24th, 2013, 07:16 AM
My guess is that your hair is dry, if it looks best when it's drying and then goes nuts when fully dry. I'm not going to add product suggestions as such, but instead suggest that you get some good moisturizing treatments in and consider trying some new conditioners (or even leaving in the one you usually use longer to soak in).

lapushka
June 24th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I agree with Firefox. The curly girl method (Google it). Lots of conditioner (also as a leave-in), and gel - it simulates the wet look and keeps curls from going poofy and too dry. Also, try going over to naturallycurly.com for styling tips.

SkyIsRed
June 24th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Thank you all for good suggestions! I think I will start with some research about glycerin in hair products:) My hair is not actually curly, but right after the shower I get a bit of adorable curls in front, and after a while they straighten out to big waves. Would curly girl method still apply to me?
Could you recommend any leave-in conditioners? Something that will not add a greasy feeling to the hair.

fairview
June 24th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Sea salt spray with hand diffusion and blow dryer will set your hair into the dry beachy I've been a bad girl already this morning and it is only 8 and I'm proud of it. You said your hair is heavy. Weight kills your hair. Next time your at the salon ask to have the weight removed with invisible layers from corner to corner between the parietal ridge and the occipital. If they look at you like your crazy and don't know what you're talking about, run out of the salon. I doubt if adding more product will help but it will definitely delight shampoo producers as all that extra leave in will make your hair that much heavier and it will become a dirt magnet.