PDA

View Full Version : Headlice confusion! Help!!

PixieKitten
June 21st, 2013, 05:20 PM
So, I work outside with both animals and children, and as I was cleaning the kitchen earlier today i picked out a bug from my hair, and I could swear it was a headlouse. So I panicked, combed my hait with my thinnest-toothed comb over the bath, but nothing else came out(Except a lot of broken ends, I need to see a hairdresser! :eek: ) So I figured I musdt have caught it early. I don't have any tea tree oil, and I hate the smell of it, but I smothered my hair in olive oil for about an hour or so, combed, still nothing. Washed it out with shampoo, combed, nothing. Applied conditioner, let it sit for five mins, combed again, still nothing! I did an ACV rinse after, and combed again, and STILL nothing!

When I was a teenager I had a really bad infestation, and I have no desire to go through such a thing again! I'm planning on buying one of the proper combs on my way home from work tomorrow, but after losing a substansial amount of hair from all of tonight's combing with no sign of them, I'm a bit confused. Surely I should have seen more? Is it possible that there was just that one, or that I imagined it? D:

I'm a little glad it happened though. I've been meaning to try an ACV rinse, and using olive oil for months, and I did them both for the first time tonight! My hair's still wet, but it feels so much softer than usual!

picklepie
June 21st, 2013, 05:42 PM
I'm sorry, but I think if you had an identified louse, you'll have to buy an actual louse comb--they're just too tiny (especially the eggs) to get caught by a normal fine-toothed comb. But is it possible you found another kind of bug, maybe a flea? In my experience, lice don't drop off, or separate easily from the hair.

jacqueline101
June 21st, 2013, 06:29 PM
I hope you caught it in time. They're a pain.

PrincessBob
June 21st, 2013, 06:58 PM
The last time i had lice, i caught it early, and saturated my hair with coconut oil for a week. I still had to comb out a ton of dead nits, but only ever found three live and two were babies. Just take the opportunity to oil treat your hair, like you've been doing, over the next week or so and you'll be sure to get rid of them if they are there.