PDA

View Full Version : Very First Braid-Petting :)

Saldana
August 30th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Hi....I have been very quiet lately, but don't think I've abandoned TLHC - I'm reading as I can, just not posting very much at all. I'm hoping to be able to get involved again soon.

Re: the subject line! At work, we have lots of seasonal employees, many of whom are retirees who come back and work the summer/autumn busy season. I had my hair in a French braid (the only style it will tolerate lately), and one of the older ladies (60s? 70s?) came to my desk to ask a question. After I helped her, she paused and almost reached for my braid (which was over my shoulder in front of me), but then stopped herself and said "your braid...it's so nice...so pretty! I miss having long hair.." To which, of course, I said..."thank you! and why don't you go ahead and grow your hair..?" She told me "oh, it's so fine, it just won't grow" - the usual. I told her my hair was fine, and handed her the braid so she could 'compare'. She held it and petted it. :) Anyway, it was my very first braid petting. :)

In other news, the great late summer/early autumn 'shed' has begun....it is not freaking me out so much, though, because after so many years of hair-watching, I know the pattern, and I'm fairly sure it won't all fall out.

Good to be back, just wanted to give a happy little story and let ya'll know I'm still out here. More later.

JessTheMess
August 30th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Awe YAY for you!!! I never had a braid pet :( I wonder if you inspired her to grow out her hair

paper
August 30th, 2008, 08:18 AM
What a cute story :heartbeat

Glad to see others are shedding too, so I don't freak out! :D

Morag
August 30th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I absolutely love that! Now I can't wait until my braid is long enough for people to pet it! What a great story - thanks for sharing it. :grin:

GlennaGirl
August 30th, 2008, 09:41 AM
That is very, very sweet. Maybe we'll see that lady on LHC in the near future. :D

catekat
August 31st, 2008, 09:01 PM
That's so cute! Wish my hair was long enough to braid. :P

MadHatter
August 31st, 2008, 10:59 PM
I've never had anyone pet my braid. Glad to hear you got such a sweet compliment!
I know how you feel about the shedding! My yearly hair fall-out just ended, thank goodness. I used to flip out when this would happen, but then I noticed that it only happened during the summer.

Nini
September 2nd, 2008, 05:52 AM
Nice to see you again:)

I had my braid petted the other day too, by a temp worker at one of the offices I stop by. She said: "Your braid is so long, and it's so nice to see real hair, I was sure yours would be!" I'm still not clear on what she meant by real hair:p, and she told me how one of her daughters had her hair down to her hips until her confirmation day.

Nini

pinkprincess
September 2nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
What a great compliment! I only get compliments on my hairtoys rather than my hair!

danacc
September 4th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Nice to see you again:)

I had my braid petted the other day too, by a temp worker at one of the offices I stop by. She said: "Your braid is so long, and it's so nice to see real hair, I was sure yours would be!" I'm still not clear on what she meant by real hair:p, and she told me how one of her daughters had her hair down to her hips until her confirmation day.

Nini

Maybe she meant real hair as opposed to extensions, Nini. The braid petting is a very nice compliment to both you and Saldana.

Katahdin
September 4th, 2008, 07:22 PM
That's wonderful! Doesn't it just totally make your day when someone compliments your hair? :)

Hmm, I've never noticed my hair falling out more in any season, but I'll watch how much ends up in my brushes and see if it's any more/less than it's been lately.