PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone rethought their goal length...

Kaelee
June 15th, 2013, 08:22 AM
And decided that maybe they want to go shorter? Since I've started growing, I've pretty much wanted to grow to tailbone (I figure any longer than that, and it would start getting in the way.) Now I'm solidly at BSL, just starting to be able to do styles that make me feel like I have long hair...and I'm thinking, with my thickness, I might want to stop growing and start maintaining several inches shorter than tailbone. My new goal is more like "somewhere between waist and tailbone" and I'll figure it out when I hit waist. :lol:

Has this happened to anyone else? Where you hit a certain length and realize your goal length might be more difficult to manage/not work with some toys you really love/etc. and you might want to keep it shorter than you originally planned?

neko_kawaii
June 15th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Given that my goal length is terminal or whenever it drives me crazy and it has not even inconvenienced me yet - no, I haven't rethought my goal length. But, I do now know that with my thickness hip is a magic length where all the buns become doable. So, if I hit Crazy before I reach terminal I'll be cutting to no shorter than hip.

Kaelee
June 15th, 2013, 08:40 AM
I decided last night I'll be cutting it no shorter than BSL (except maybe when I get old and finally decide to go for it with the pixie cut! lol) because at BSL I can finally wear forks/sticks and I love them so much. My goal length(s) suddenly seem so much more reachable and I'm a lot happier with my hair now.

neko_kawaii
June 15th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Hooray for happy!

Kaelee
June 15th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Happy and wearing a bun held up only with sticks as we speak! :D

goldloli
June 15th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I have.

My goal started at waist, I reached it, came here and extended that goal to tailbone. I've trimmed away most damage and layers and i'm now brushing BCL. Another inch or 2 and I'll be at tailbone, which I should be ecstatic about but I'm not.

For a few months now I've been admiring hair with really full blunt hems, with long face framing so I could flick it about (think cher from clueless), somewhere in the waist to BCL range. I rarely swoon over pics of tailbone length hair now. The fact I've experienced recent shedding and that all of my layers are beyond waist, I think ima just go ahead and get that cut next month. Also I'm going to return to cool blow drying, curling/flat ironing on lowest setting and general styling. I miss having my hair look 'done' and the trouble of having longer hair is not something I want.

My fiance was like 'lets hire a red convertible for our honeymoon roadtrip' and for a lil while I was tempted to say no because my planned super long hair would tangle. Hair shouldn't have precedence over something like that

millyaulait
June 15th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Only like a million times for me! :lol:

I came here with above shoulder length hair, dead set on only growing to BSL.

I kept thinking "Agh, waist?! Too long! Blargh!", but when I hit BSL I realised that I definitely wanted to grow longer, and suddenly I became besotted with waist!

Now I'm very close to waist & I'm pretty confused. I have no idea if I want to maintain waist or grow to TBL. I'm so conflicted! I'm getting a mix of "Gosh, TBL is so pretty!" and "No! TBL is too long for me! No!".

I can't make up my mind...... :lol:

spidermom
June 15th, 2013, 10:30 AM
About every hour. haha

GrowingOut
June 15th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Only like a million times for me! :lol:

I came here with above shoulder length hair, dead set on only growing to BSL.

I kept thinking "Agh, waist?! Too long! Blargh!", but when I hit BSL I realised that I definitely wanted to grow longer, and suddenly I became besotted with waist!

Now I'm very close to waist & I'm pretty confused. I have no idea if I want to maintain waist or grow to TBL. I'm so conflicted! I'm getting a mix of "Gosh, TBL is so pretty!" and "No! TBL is too long for me! No!".

I can't make up my mind...... :lol:

Just grow it! If you don't like hip or tailbone when you get there, you can easily cut back, AND have a thicker hemline at waist if you do!

jacqueline101
June 15th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I want tail bone as my goal but I don't know if I will make it or not.

ravenreed
June 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
There is a reason starlets pictured in convertibles often had a scarf around their hair.

Yeah, I have.

My goal started at waist, I reached it, came here and extended that goal to tailbone. I've trimmed away most damage and layers and i'm now brushing BCL. Another inch or 2 and I'll be at tailbone, which I should be ecstatic about but I'm not.

For a few months now I've been admiring hair with really full blunt hems, with long face framing so I could flick it about (think cher from clueless), somewhere in the waist to BCL range. I rarely swoon over pics of tailbone length hair now. The fact I've experienced recent shedding and that all of my layers are beyond waist, I think ima just go ahead and get that cut next month. Also I'm going to return to cool blow drying, curling/flat ironing on lowest setting and general styling. I miss having my hair look 'done' and the trouble of having longer hair is not something I want.

My fiance was like 'lets hire a red convertible for our honeymoon roadtrip' and for a lil while I was tempted to say no because my planned super long hair would tangle. Hair shouldn't have precedence over something like that

dulce
June 15th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I originally wanted waist,now am past waist and going longer but not sure how much,it will depend on my thickness.I thought waist was what I wanted..but not anymore.

millyaulait
June 15th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Just grow it! If you don't like hip or tailbone when you get there, you can easily cut back, AND have a thicker hemline at waist if you do!

So true! Good point :D

HollyG
June 15th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Yep, every year lol.
I usually cave in and have it cut back to my shoulders (which is the shortest i'll have it) and always regret it within a couple of days so have started looking at members on here with nice long hair and it seems to help (haven't cut it this year or last years apart from trims)
I'm really determined to get to BSL though at the moment

Jenny31557
June 15th, 2013, 11:37 AM
My dream goal is mid thigh but I think I would be just as happy with tailbone or classic.
My current goal is hip with a thick hemline.

jeanniet
June 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Absolutely. My original goal was waist, and I grew past that to hip, then to about BCL. At that point, I was thinking I wanted to try for classic, but then I realized that I wasn't really enjoying the length that much. Part of my reasoning for going longer was so I could do different hairstyles, but the truth was I still did the same styles I had been doing all along. I just didn't have the time or inclination to do much experimenting. So I decided to cut back to hip, and then back to waist, then to about BSL. Part of the reason was how long it took for my hair to dry--I had wet hair half the time, and it was just getting to be too much. Then I decided I really wanted to go full curly girl and really embrace the full curliness of my hair, but I also decided that in order to do that, I needed to have my hair at a length where I could learn to manage the curl better and it would dry faster. So I got a curly cut (which came out great, and the stylist was excellent) and now my hair is about APL (dry) and layered. I figure I can learn to handle the curl, and then grow it back out if I want to. I'm actually really pleased with the length it is now, and the best part? It grows fast enough that damage can be cut off pretty quickly. I'm not all that hard on my hair, but it means that I can diffuse dry, for example, and I just don't worry about it as much as when it was a foot longer. It's kind of freeing, to be honest. I like not worrying about my hair as if it was a baby. :p The second best part is that I can grow it all back in a few years if I want to!

Lunadriael
June 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I haven't really wanted to change my goal to shorter yet. I'd really love to reach classic length hair... not sure if it's very possible for me, but I at least want to try.

After seeing all those pictures of people with amazing thigh length hair on here it got very tempting to even grow longer if it would be healthy enough at that length. ^-^ However... now I'm near waist length it's being a right pain in the bum to dry. It shouldn't be as I have fine hair and it's not that thick, but it seems to be very low porosity, so it's just taking hours to dry... and I like to wash it relatively often because otherwise it turns into a wild beast I can't detangle and my scalp gets greasy too. Unfortunately it's impossible to detangle wet and looks awful, so it's not very convenient for it to be wet for long periods if I have to go out.

I'm still thinking I will grow it and see how I manage. The other issue is all the splits I keep getting despite the fact I S&D a lot and don't do anything especially damaging to my hair other than detangling. Argh! Maybe past my bum would turn out to be too much effort for me, but I'd rather give it a go and then cut back rather than keep on wondering about it.

LadyCelestina
June 15th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Yes I thought about it many times,that I would cut my hair to like APL or SL so I can dye it like crazy and heat style the heck out of it,but I realized that would not be me and to this day,I'm still agonizing over an half-inch cut...:eyeroll:

purplebubba
June 15th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I reached my goal of 36 inches a few years back and I maintained there abouts at a not sitting on it length. I just recently had a salon trim of 6" for the heck of it. Now I'll grow back to that goal zone. My goal is a minimum ponytail such as I have now around BSL or 30ish since I don't have a strap to judge by. And not grow it long enough to sit on unless I learn something better to grow it longer and not be lazy about it.

36 is my favorite number so that's my goal always.

goldloli
June 15th, 2013, 12:38 PM
There is a reason starlets pictured in convertibles often had a scarf around their hair.
I abhor headscarves. Very few look good in them and the ones that do often have stunning faces and retro outfits to match. This is just another reason I'm over length, the fact we have to plan hair care for our activities, it's just anther thing to have to deal with and life is stressful enough. Locating non ugly silk headscarves and learning cute ways to wear them then remembering to pack them, scouring youtube for secure updos for sports that fall out anyway, wearing braids solidly for a month even though i look better with hair down, stretching washes, worrying about bobbypins being damaging, worrying about repetitive sleep styles causing damage such as twisting or traction alopecia.... I think I've had enough making allowances for my hair already... without looking like a grandma in a headscarf when I should be carefree with the wind in my hair, kwim?

gillybeanxo3921
June 15th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Yes, I consider going shorter all the time, but I think I'd seriously regret it if I did!

redsiren
June 15th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I will Never go short again!!
I had my hair cut to a pixy twice and I hated it, I cried my eyes out both times, so I vowed to myself never to cut it short again:)
Not even when I'm old and everyone tries to convince that a pixy is more age apropriate (exuse my english)

starlamelissa
June 15th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I am happy with where my hair is , in length and condition. I should hit goal soon, but I'm not gonna be sad if I don't.

kidari
June 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM
my goal length changes constantly from shorter to longer... however since joining I have cut back once to APL and I know I will never do that again... the shortest I will go from now on is BSL but I bet if I ever reach hip and like it I will probably say the shortest I'll ever go is waist or MBL

currently my goal fluctuates between staying in the BSL-waist range and then trying for TBL but in the future when I'm only focused on school and I'm no longer working I may try to go for classic or something crazy with no layers, it would make sense for me to just wear it up in buns or braided buns and just let it grow for more than 5-6 years

lilalong
June 15th, 2013, 03:28 PM
My original goal was somewhere around waist or tailbone.

For the past three years, whenever I got close to waist I trimmed back to BSL. I just really hated how my hair looked at waist. BSL looks great on me. My ends are healthy and it's very versatile. Recently, I've reached waist and suddenly I like it. I don't know what changed, but I decided to go for tailbone, since I'm kinda close anyways.

Just go with your preferences at the moment. They might change in the future...

Vanilla
June 15th, 2013, 05:08 PM
My original goal was waist, then I was thinking classic after a few months of being here.

I like to wear my hair down when I get a massage, and classic length hair would probably get stepped on. So I'm not sure what my goal length would be at this point.

lapushka
June 15th, 2013, 05:41 PM
And decided that maybe they want to go shorter? Since I've started growing, I've pretty much wanted to grow to tailbone (I figure any longer than that, and it would start getting in the way.) Now I'm solidly at BSL, just starting to be able to do styles that make me feel like I have long hair...and I'm thinking, with my thickness, I might want to stop growing and start maintaining several inches shorter than tailbone. My new goal is more like "somewhere between waist and tailbone" and I'll figure it out when I hit waist. :lol:

Has this happened to anyone else? Where you hit a certain length and realize your goal length might be more difficult to manage/not work with some toys you really love/etc. and you might want to keep it shorter than you originally planned?

Yep. I was close to TBL, then decided to go back to hip, then decided a few weeks later to go back to waist. I think I'll be between waist and TBL for a long time. It just feels like "my" length, you know. TBL is basically too long for me, but waist seems fine, and so does hip.

There's absolutely no shame in going for a shorter length, if it feels comfortable to you!

Kaelee
June 15th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Yes, I consider going shorter all the time, but I think I'd seriously regret it if I did!

This is what keeps me from getting a pixie. :lol: Believe me, I want to. But it takes about 1/2 hour to get a pixie, and YEARS to get BSL+ hair. Oh, if that weren't so! :lol:

My original goal was waist, then I was thinking classic after a few months of being here.

I like to wear my hair down when I get a massage, and classic length hair would probably get stepped on. So I'm not sure what my goal length would be at this point.

I wore my hair braided to the side today when I went for a massage. It's the same way I wear it when I sleep. :)

Vanilla
June 15th, 2013, 06:41 PM
This is what keeps me from getting a pixie. :lol: Believe me, I want to. But it takes about 1/2 hour to get a pixie, and YEARS to get BSL+ hair. Oh, if that weren't so! :lol:

I wore my hair braided to the side today when I went for a massage. It's the same way I wear it when I sleep. :)

Ooo that's a great idea :). I will try this the next time I get a massage.

battles
June 15th, 2013, 07:24 PM
I change my goal constantly. :p I'm usually not even close, so it's more of 'I'll see how I feel when I get there' and just changing goal for the hell of it.

My original goal when I signed up was hip.

CurlyCap
June 15th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Constantly.

This time, I want to grow my hair to between waist and TB curly. I've maintained at BSL curly before, so I figure it's a reasonable goal.

However, now that my hair is getting long again, I'm being reminded of how thick it is, how heavy it is, how BIG and UNPREDICTABLE it is, and how many bottles of conditioner it can eat. And then I start thinking...well, maybe shorter isn't such a bad thing.... XD

Maelyssa
June 15th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I've just recently entered this phase myself. I made a cut from tailbone to waist because I had no style at all and felt I looked very homely.
Made the cut, got my side cut in minimal, long layers and it looked great. So now I'm growing again but taking it inch by inch as to whether or not I want it longer. Perhaps if the sides keep looking nice I'll grow it to tailbone or longer. We'll see. I definitely get you on his one.

Natalia
June 16th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Im the opposite but i think thats because im a fine/thin head. I realized i cant get the result i want with TB length hair so i grow on.

Quahatundightu
June 16th, 2013, 08:33 AM
When I joined I was hoping for mid-thigh! Haha. Now I think classic will be my limit. We shall see :) I think I will always want mine longer than TB

Neneka
June 16th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Me too. Constantly. I want to be able to wear it down without too much of a hassle. I thought it would be BSL but I don't know. Now I want to wear my hair up more and that means I could have more length. The longest my hair has ever been is BSL and it annoyed me a lot when it was down especially if I was outside. Now I wont wear it down that much outside so it could be longer.

Anyway I am really happy that hair grows slowly and gives me time to get used to it as it grows.

Tristania
June 16th, 2013, 09:25 AM
My goal is really just to find out what my terminal length is. I've never been able to grow it past tailbone, but I've been babying my hair since my last big chop. I do tend to go for big chops whenever it gets scraggly though. This time I'll just stick to minor trims and see how long it will get while still looking great.

torrilin
June 16th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I've never really had a defined goal length. I can be reasonably happy with hair pretty much anywhere in the "can stuff it in a cinnabun" on to my current "twin braids wrap almost entirely around my head". I'm fairly sure I'll eventually hit too long, but so far it hasn't happened yet.

My most frequent reason for chopping was "braid gets caught between my back and the bed/chair/sofa". Not real fun to be trapped by your hair, and I'd tend to get exasperated and chop. Or "bun gives me a crick in my neck when driving". I've worked out fixes. Lots of fixes. Comfy fixes that are less fuss. Sooo... I'm less inclined to chop.

The other common reason for chopping was split ends. I hate tangles and detangling, and on my fine hair, splits equal tangles. Hate hate hate. I got into the habit of pretty much never wearing my hair down due to this. I'd eliminated a lot of obvious damage sources too. No matter how gentle my routine tho, I'd still get some splits. Weirdly, as my hair gets longer, it tangles less... I think largely because it doesn't float as easily. Still, updos make long hair fun for me. So I do 'em.

Since I like simple braided styles, I suspect too long will wind up somewhere around where I can wrap a single braid the whole way round my head. Seems like a sensible place to stop.

panffle
June 16th, 2013, 05:08 PM
At first I wanted waist. Then hip. Then TBL. Now that I'm in the midback abyss and getting closer and closer to waist, I feel that I want it back to BSL. Won't cut it now, but sometimes I get the urge to cut back even to APL.

Kat
June 16th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Yup. My original goal was around waist, I think. It probably extended to classic. Then I just decided to find out what my terminal length was. Turns out that seems to be around knee-length.

A while ago, I cut it back to classic. It has since re-grown to knee-length, and I'm thinking I'll try it back to hip length this time (not sure if I'd want to go shorter than that). If I don't like that, I can always let it grow back to classic and maintain it there.

(thing is, the hairdresser I am used to is back where I used to live, two hours away. She also doesn't work on weekends, Mondays, or Fridays. So to see her, I'd pretty much have to take a mid-week day off of work. So frankly, I simply don't get around to getting my hair cut! And haven't a clue who to see around where I live now who I could trust with my hair (my current hairdresser is used to me and my finicky hair. She knows that she washes my hair and then lets me finger-comb the tangles out [or I show up with freshly-washed, damp hair], she doesn't put on any weird leave-in conditioners [after the time she did and it left my hair SO stiff and stuck-together and tangly that it took me hours to detangle], etc. I am afraid to go to someone else and end up with a dramatic chop I didn't want, argue with them about products or what I should do with my hair, sit there shrieking while they try to detangle my hair themselves [I canNOT stand to have my hair pulled], etc...).

BlazingHeart
June 16th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I've recently been more annoyed than pleased with my hair. Part of it is that I have had psoriasis on my scalp for over 6 months. Part of it is the hair itself - weight, heat, inconvenience, tangles. I am just shy of classic but so annoyed that I am very tempted to chop it all the way to cheekbone. I like my hair short, and I have health issues that mean I suffer very badly in the heat. My hair may also be contributing to neck tension issues.

I may settle for a cut back to hip. I may keep putting off cutting it. I may go all the way back to cheekbone. I just haven't made up my mind yet.

blondecat
June 16th, 2013, 09:25 PM
My orriginal goal was terminal. But, I got to Thigh - then cut back to waist- now am thinking of Shoulder lenght. All because of issues with both shoulders (bursitis).

so, I have to be happy to have mid lenght very healthy hair. And .................. I am :D

Bagginslover
June 17th, 2013, 07:48 AM
My original goal was 'waist', which actually turned out to be hip as I was going off where my trousers sit :p . I made mini-goals for myself inbetween, as I do better when I acheive something regularly, rather than one huge long-term goal, and every milestone I've hit has just made me want to go longer and longer!! I'm now eyeing mid thigh and seriously thinking about trying for it, though I'd be super pleased with just classic :)

truepeacenik
June 18th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Kaelee,
My ultimate goal may have shortened from "terminal" to "knee and beyond."
But that may or may not be a change.

What has changed is mini goals. I have them now. My first was classic, but I wasn't embracing that, using it in a sig or any of that. Wait, my original was "cover the girls in a photo." But who is going to use that?

Right now, half of the thigh is a mark I'm looking forward to.
I think that I'll trim and allow some thickening at that point. But I hated the delays with tailbone-classic for some thickening.

My rethought goal may be thickness and not length.

The-Young-Maid
June 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM
My original goal was classic length, but now that I'm here... I can't see myself going any shorter.
So I might as well continue. As long as I can manage it I'll see how far I can grow it(within reason). ;)

Vivalagina
June 18th, 2013, 01:20 PM
My goal originally was hip, but I'm thinking I might be happy with waist. My DH is already getting smothered with my not-yet-BSL hair, I can't imagine its attempts to end him at twice this length. LOL

Miss Maisie
June 18th, 2013, 01:46 PM
My goal changes all the time.

I came here with collarbone length hair, and a goal of APL. Then my goal was BSL. Then it was waist.

My hair was solidly BSL about a month ago, but I had a few inches taken off. At this point, I think waist will be too long for me, and I'd like to get to MBL. We'll see.

Vanilla
June 23rd, 2013, 06:40 PM
I tried the side braid when I got a massage and it totally worked! Maybe ill rethink my goal length after all.

honeybunnie8
June 23rd, 2013, 09:52 PM
My original goal was waist but now that I am here it feels to short and I still cant do a bunch of updo's so I am now aiming for hip/BCL. I want my hair to touch my butt and cover my boobs. lol So I need about 5 more inches for that to happen.

Kyla
June 23rd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Well, I met my original goals of hip, then tailbone, then I trimmed, and now I'm about 1 cm from BCL. And I'm considering chopping to BSL or shorter. Not exactly the same thing as rethinking my goal, but now that I'm there I'm not sure if I'm enjoying it.

akilina
June 23rd, 2013, 10:15 PM
Oh yes :)
When I first got here 4 years ago all I wanted was bsl. Then eventually it went to waist...Then hip..Now, I'd love to have tb length hair so badly.
It's pretty pathetic that in all this time I have not once reached BSL even :'( it is all my fault though. I wish that when I joined in June 09 I would have been very diligent. I had hair that was dyed at an exact match of my natural, and at apl. Also, damn near all one length /facepalm

It's also funny how my views have changed about hair. At first I could not imagine having hair any longer than waist...it felt like too much to handle. Yet now I'd love to have it to tail bone! I'm not sure that I want to go any longer as it would feel excessive to me personally. (Don't get me wrong I adore ALL hair that is far longer than tail bone too) who knows, maybe someday ill have hair to mid thigh :p

In the mean time I've given up. I'm not sure that my hair will ever reach bsl at all...I'm sick of having expectations that just let me down.

spirals
June 23rd, 2013, 10:29 PM
My original goal was 'waist', which actually turned out to be hip as I was going off where my trousers sit :p . I made mini-goals for myself inbetween, as I do better when I acheive something regularly, rather than one huge long-term goal, and every milestone I've hit has just made me want to go longer and longer!! I'm now eyeing mid thigh and seriously thinking about trying for it, though I'd be super pleased with just classic :)I could've written this whole post; it's exactly my journey.

Malibu Barbie
June 23rd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Every time I hit classic I always find myself getting frustrated so I cut it to hip or just above tailbone. I pretty much keep it at this length all the time now.

DancingQueen
June 23rd, 2013, 10:51 PM
My goal have always been hip, and in a way, it still is. But I am a very long way from hip, so for now, BSL is my goal... then midback, then waist, and then hip. I am not going to start maintaining any of these places, but I think it seems easier to break it down into smaller goals, as you reach more milestones. But who knows what will happen; it can change many times yet. :)

emilia83
June 23rd, 2013, 11:38 PM
My goal right now is terminal, but I worry about how long I can keep this up. It's still not long enough to put up with sticks or forks (and my layers so far prevent spin pins, which is frustrating). Terminal just seems sooooo far away! But I've promsied myself I won't cut til January, so I'll see how I feel then. I've always had a problem with long-term goals, so hair-growing is something of a learning experience for me. :)

spirals
June 23rd, 2013, 11:55 PM
You can do it, emilia!

emilia83
June 24th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Thanks! :)

Soltimus
June 24th, 2013, 03:00 AM
I think my initial goal was to let it grow until it got on my nerves. I've started to think that even if I'm ok with it getting really long I might just maintain it at tail bone and not grow it any longer than that. But we'll see ;)

leoninnu
June 24th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Yeah, it's kind of a recent thing that I realized, that I might have to re-think my goal if I want to keep my sanity. My original goal was classic but now I think I would be happy with healthy waist length hair that doesn't taper too much. And maybe if I can achieve that I could start dreaming of trying tailbone. Realistic goals, ho! My hair is just much more fragile than I ever even imagined. Some days it feels like I'm handling glass hair. I just don't have patience for it every single day. So infuriating!

NoRush
June 24th, 2013, 04:04 AM
My goal when I first joined was waist, I had had WL before and it was the longest my hair had been so I figured my terminal length was around there... Fast forward a few months I realized that my hair probably stalled at waist because I was treating it so poorly so now I'm shooting for waist as a mis goal and tailbone as my final goal :)

verylittlecarro
June 24th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I think I'm a bit unusual in lhc terms...my goal is waist and no longer. Perhaps even less than that, we'll see when I get to BSL. I'm pretty sure I won't want it longer than that no matter what.

I shall await my LHC eviction notice.

Arielle8960
June 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I change my mind every year or so, it seems. My original goal waffled between waist or hip. I got to BSL, but then I got sick and my hair was scraggly and brittle and shedding tons. I cut to shoulder and hated it. I got a chin-length bob and loved it -- it did things to my wavy/curly hair that I never knew possible. I maintained there for about 6 months, then started growing again because I missed my hair forks. Now I'm in the abyss between shoulder and APL and hoping to get BSL with thick, wavy hair. I guess I'll decide which way to go when I get there!

Jenny31557
June 24th, 2013, 09:14 PM
LOL! Verylittlecarro I don't think you will get evicted from LHC! Your hair is too pretty no matter what length it is. Also LHC is for learning new and better ways to care for our hair, so you're still welcome here. :o