PDA

View Full Version : 3rd anniversary with pics

kidari
June 13th, 2013, 03:11 AM
I haven't really gained much length-wise since I seem to reach waist get bored and then chop off a couple inches. MBL seems to by my favorite length but I am determined to go further... I think?? I have made some mistakes along the way in the past three years but I have learned from them. Although looking back on it now I guess I don't really regret it since I did have fun with my hair and I'm glad I did everything I did from lightening to chopping to almost APL to layering the heck out of it to thinning it out... then chopping it again to get rid of what I did to it lol. I loved the way my hair was in this first picture before I chopped it but it was getting annoying to wash (I pretty much have always been a daily washer) plus it was getting heavy in updos and I was getting bored. It's still kind of wet in the picture but I only ever wore it up. The thing is when I would air dry it would look kind of frizzy but after being damp bunned and I finally take it down it would be like the heavens opened up and the angels started singing and my hair would look fabulous for like, 10 minutes. Then it would get flat and greasy at the roots and the ends wold be stringy and tangle and the entire thing would just be an annoying mess. It just looked incredibly unattractive and was a huge pain to wash daily.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/kidari4/00ba4370-7b8c-4a43-93f5-620a1bf02f4c_zps8bab6ff7.jpg

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/kidari4/4c53717b-ed0b-4776-a406-daa690dfac67_zps169f5972.jpg

So I cut it and I wore it down more and have been cutting more and more until this picture.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/kidari4/IMG_1740_zps1a616ed1.jpg

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/kidari4/IMG_1743_zpsf3e32885.jpg

Now I had my fun and I'm stopping here. My next project is going to be to leave it alone and let the top layers grow out so it's all one length so I can grow longer. So I've realized by now that accepting my natural color and texture the best I can is no longer going to hold me back on growing longer than waist but now I realize my obsession with layered hair is holding me back. I'm kind of sad that I haven't reached hip yet and I guess if it doesn't happen at least I know that I can enjoy my hair between BSL and waist forever... right? I don't know... but I really do not regret chopping it again. As long as it's at least BSL I am happy. The latest pictures were taken probably two weeks ago or so? Not sure, but it was very liberating. It's lighter, it's easier to wash, faster to style, and I can wear it down all day without it looking like crap in under an hour of it being down.

Dziip
June 13th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I really love your hair !!!

WL is my personal favorite (for now) so thank you for sharing inspirational pics :)

kidari
June 13th, 2013, 03:27 AM
I really love your hair !!!

WL is my personal favorite (for now) so thank you for sharing inspirational pics :)

Thank you! No problem, I have learned so much from this community that I hope to contribute whenever possible. I love your braided updo in your avatar pic! Wish I could grow out layers and learn how to braid!

AngryVikingGirl
June 13th, 2013, 04:48 AM
There you are! The wurly v-hemline! I think you hair is pretty thick and therefore you have a lot of options what to do with it. Your last but one picture is also very pretty!

jacqueline101
June 13th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Your hair is lovely.

lapushka
June 13th, 2013, 06:26 AM
I love it. It looks great layered like that!

browneyedsusan
June 13th, 2013, 06:33 AM
:thudpile:

You could be a shampoo model!

brunette
June 13th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Your layers are really pretty I think :) happy anniversary!

Annibelle
June 13th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Your hair is so stunning!

hime_daruma_88
June 13th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Such beautiful hair! I totally understand your obsession with layers cause it looks lovely that way :) happy anniversary!

Jenny31557
June 13th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Very pretty hair! Happy anniversary!

BrightEyes
June 13th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! I love the color and waves.

Vanilla
June 13th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Your hair is so shiny. :)

kidari
June 13th, 2013, 05:42 PM
:o Thank you for looking at my post as well as the compliments! You all have taught me so much and everyone here inspires me all the time. Even in 3 years I still have excess baggage from mainstream hair care obsessions from my past and my future goal no matter how long it takes is going to be at least hip with no layers except my long bangs so I can wear braids. I want to have two dutch braids that are thick and long all the way down.

neko_kawaii
June 13th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Happy anniversary! I think it looks lovely in layers, but it will also look lovely with no layers. As long as you are enjoying your hair (or able to ignore it) keep after your goals. There should be no regrets for a cut that results from being frustrated with your hair and wanting a change.

Cheele
June 13th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Your hair is so gorgeous and voluminous! I would kill for your color :crush:.

In the end, all that matters is that you're happy with your hair :)

Congrats!

MaryO
June 14th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Ooooh, I love it!! Really very beautiful!

mamivampire
June 14th, 2013, 04:16 AM
So gorgeous!!!

This is the first time I've had layer!longing in years... Absolutely stunning.

Good luck with the rest of your journey :o

Lolaaa
July 26th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Your hair is so pretty, I love it!!