PDA

View Full Version : GOT hairstyles slideshow

hypersensitive
June 11th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Warning: NSFW

This is really cool guys. It is an article slideshow of a lot of the braids shown on Game of Thrones. I thought people here would enjoy this!

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/06/50-of-the-greatest-braids-from-game-of-thrones.html?mid=twitter_thecutblog#slideshow=/slideshows/2013/05/08/game_of_thrones.slideshow.json|currentSlide=00067

shutterpillar
June 12th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I am always drooling over Daenerys' braid when she went into the fire. Gorgeous. I wish I could do something like that on myself.

jacqueline101
June 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Those are awesome.

PeacenQuietGal
June 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Omgosh that was great- thank you! I favorited it! I dont have cable so I never have seen the show...but I just may start with the DVDs.

hypersensitive
June 13th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Glad you liked it! There's just so many awesome and creative hairstyles on that show!

lapushka
June 14th, 2013, 02:48 AM
GOT is just one show I didn't get hooked on, but going from those images, I better get on it. :lol:

allycat
June 14th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Thanks hypersensitive! That was fantastic.

longNred
June 14th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Awesome! Love this show!

Sharysa
June 14th, 2013, 03:49 PM
FIFTY styles?! Most articles only focus on the usual styles from Cersei, Sansa, and Dany!

OrangeStripe
June 15th, 2013, 04:30 AM
half of those hairstyles don't have an braids in them! *pout* but they are are beautiful nonetheless :)

hypersensitive
June 15th, 2013, 11:05 PM
haha i focus on braids when I look at hairstyles (probably because of this forum's fascination with it...) but some people like curls or texture, what have you

katiebeans
June 16th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I am absolutely obsessed with GoT (if you can't tell from my avatar). and I am always drooling over the hairstyles. Did you guys know that a lot of the females are wearing wigs though? Thanks for sharing!

Sharysa
June 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM
I take it as a given that 90% of the women's styles are wigs, extensions, or hair-pieces at least sometimes. It's fantasy medieval, after all.

I'm studying theater and you need two hours MINIMUM for costumes/makeup/hair/mics before a show. Even with basic modern street styles for a 4-10 member cast in a small theater, what takes two hours is that you're either getting yourself ready or helping OTHER people get ready. And then you need frequent touch-ups throughout the show. Performing arts are rarely a do-it-yourself or one-on-one atmosphere like most longhairs experience.

The GoT stylists have stated that it takes several hours for hair alone.