PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else wishing for Daenerys Targaryan hair? Help with henna issues... ?

ArienEllariel
June 11th, 2013, 08:37 PM
I've been hennaing my hair for a little while now but now I'm wishing I'd just bleached my hair and gone really blonde like Daenerys instead. I'm contemplating doing something about the henna..

For a little background, I dyed my natural ashy light brown hair with a medium-dark blonde ion dye from Sally's Beauty Supply last year. I then hennaed over that cause I wasn't crazy about the color. The end result was some really awesome coppery-firey red hair. Then my roots started to come in.. I decided what the hay, let me just henna over those. The result wasn't bad for a while but now I've got 4 inches of darker red with lighter red on the rest of my hair. Annoying line of demarcation... and the red on my previously undyed roots fades very quickly. It's funny, the chemically dyed bit holds henna really well but my virgin hair doesn't. Not sure what to do about getting the whole thing more of an even red if I want to stick with the henna or if I want to completely strip the henna, bleach it somehow and dye it platinum blonde.

What are you guys thoughts on this? Any recommendations? Similar experiences? Lemme know what you think! Don't get me wrong, I love the color of henna.. however it's very messy and takes a lot of time. If henna doesn't hold on my virgin roots very well, I'll just have to go through the whole henna mess more often (which is seriously a pain in the arse). Not sure if I want to put that mud on my head every couple weeks. :/

Oh, and I can post pictures in the morning for reference to show y'all what I'm talking about.

cindy58
June 11th, 2013, 08:59 PM
I love the books, the series, and her character, but I think her hair looks pretty wiggy.

If it could be real hair, that would be cool!

cheetahfast
June 11th, 2013, 09:07 PM
I don't think you can get that light without serious damage because the henna bonds to the hair and it takes longer for the bleach to break through than it would normally.

That said I got highlights after henna and it wasn't an issue, the indigo was. It took a very long time for it to break through though...

I think it would be very risky to try to remove the henna and then go so blonde...unless you're willing to cut.
The bleach after henna works it's just a bit harsher.

ArienEllariel
June 11th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I've already trimmed my hair to APL... and my hair grows at a glacial pace.. I'd rather not cut more. Hrmph. Why must color be so picky?

Kaelee
June 11th, 2013, 10:00 PM
That shade of blonde would be hard to get without serious damage anyway, even without starting with henna!