PDA

View Full Version : Men's Seasonal Styles

hendrickx
June 10th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Been a while since I started a thread, and from my search, been a while since a men's updo thread. I ponytail my hair. Almost every day. I'm 2 years 2 months from my last clipper cut. Still loving long hair.

Style-wise what else can I get away with? I have be careful with sticks, as I tend to unwind at the end and have the cute little puff of hair hanging out the top of the stuck bun. (I am wearing pink at the moment and have it up with a pencil -- as people come in my cube they stop talking as the notice and then try to pretend they didn't just open-mouth stare at the back of my head ;))

Normally I just brush and let it be, but it's getting frizzy with all the humidity in the air. I can smooth it with tons of product, but am not a huge fan of the long-term effects of doing that daily.

I don't mind different, but I like my hair long and want to stay cool. Suggestions on options that aren't ponytail or nothing?

Jenny31557
June 10th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Do you know how to braid? If not, go on YouTube and learn. It's very easy.
Maybe a simple bun as well. Hope this helps

Anje
June 10th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I agree, braids are a good way to contain the frizz, and I definitely see them regularly on guys. (And you can sic Willie Nelson on them if they give you a hard time!)

The stick buns are probably still worth considering. In another month or three, I imagine you'll find they unwind less.

Kittney
June 10th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Not sure that it has a name but when you go to tie your ponytail but on the last tie you do not pull the tail completely through leaving half the ends out, a lot of guys do that around here but they seem to all wear it low rather than high. Not sure if video links are aloud but tosheatower does what I am talking about here: http://youtu.be/PPbKLUPjb5w but he also shows other styles I have seen on guys a lot.
I have also seen a handful of guys use plain clips, just fold the pony and clip it. Hope that helps for "guy" styles.

hendrickx
June 26th, 2013, 01:52 PM
All great ideas. I can braid. Messily, but I can. Thanks for the tips, off to go play with my hair.

Nenyath
June 26th, 2013, 02:11 PM
A half up can be very flattering!