PDA

View Full Version : hair styles for when you are sick

Darkhorse1
August 29th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Hey folks! Hope you all have a safe long weekend.

Of course, having a few days off, I've come down with a flu. As a result, I have a low grade fever. Problem is, the fever is making me sensitive to keeping my hair back, but as I spend more time in bed, and I'm a restless sleeper to boot, it takes it's toll on my hair.

Any suggestions for a style for when you're under the weather and in bed more?

Hopefully this'll be gone by Sunday--I have to work! Sept is all about the horse shows :D

AJoifulNoise
August 29th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I usually opt for one or two braids. Simple and doesn't require lifting the arms over the head. You can also make it as loose as you want. Hope you feel better soon! :flower:

frodolaughs
August 29th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I use 2 braids. That keeps the back of my head from feeling lumpy on the pillow, and it isn't too hard to do. If you're up to it, french braids always seem to keep everything together more for me than the standard english braid.

plainjanegirl
August 29th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I tend to go for the basic 3 strand braid...somewhat loose.

rubyann
August 29th, 2008, 08:28 PM
A braid is my go to style for bed or sofa.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Patrycja
August 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
I'm so sorry you're feeling ill on your 3 day weekend :flowers: I do a really messy looped pony or a really messy English braid.Whatever keeps it out of my way!

spidermom
August 29th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Braids drive me crazy. They wrap my neck when I toss around. I go for a top-of-head ponytail. If I'm really sick, I just kind of hang my head over the edge of the bed to do/re-do it.

yogachic
August 29th, 2008, 08:47 PM
I sport the top of the head messy bun for bed, and sick time.

EmpressRi
August 29th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Since I cannot (nor feel like) caring for my hair when I'm sick, I oil it, put it in a ponytail or one braid, and keep a satin scarf over my hair. That way it's getting a long~term treat and I won't have all the tangles and everything when I feel better and it's time to wash!

Chromis
August 29th, 2008, 11:11 PM
I sleep with my hair in a single braid, so if I'm sick it just stays in that braid until I'm feeling well enough to contemplate keeping my arms lifted enough to unplait and comb it out.

Mitzy
August 29th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I have a bad back and was having awful back spasms awhile ago. I had to stay flat on my back for two weeks as that was the only position that did not hurt. My hair is layered and thick so braids are a no-go. I wore a buff most of the time. It keeps my hair from tangling and keeps it off my face. I might be wearing a buff to bed a lot this summer.

sahiba
August 29th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your health ... get well soon:flower: For me too a loose braid worked.

C_Bookworm
August 31st, 2008, 11:59 PM
sectioned ponytail. its uncomfortable to lay on, so most of the time i have it smack on the top of my head:-)

sapphire-o
September 1st, 2008, 03:19 AM
I did ponytail on top of my head, too. I sweat like crazy whenever I take pain killers. Hope you're better now.

Shanarana
September 1st, 2008, 04:00 AM
Hope you feel better soon hun. I wear my hair in a high braid so I can throw it over the pillow.

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
I'd do a simple bun or braid.

-Aithne-
April 24th, 2023, 06:43 PM
Oh, I know…necromancer me (at least I’m talented at something?!)…but I was curious and read all the tips in this thread and this other thread I found:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74306&page=1

Thank you for all the info and ideas *heart*

I usually don’t move when I sleep, but I toss and turn when I’m sick so I thought I should put it up. I used to do a braid…but emboldened by the ladies in these threads I have put my hair in a really, really high bun on top of my head. I did a Nessa when my hands were stupid, but it wouldn’t hold and I’d wake up next to a metal fork (I think it’s a Quattro Starlight but I’m not sure. I got it off eBay). …so I tried a super high chameleon and it held with the same stick…so said, I think I will invest in a sleep cap someday. I don’t like waking up next to tines/teeth. The buns have worked better than the braid. The braids used to get a bit matty and quite tangled. The bun is barely tangled.

I figure I can’t be the only one sick lately so I figured I’d add to the post *smilies*