PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins, Vitamins, Vitamins

prettyhairisred
June 6th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Vitamins. Has anyone used them to nice results? I'm considering getting vitamin E and vitamin B complex. Are these the best ones to get for healthy hair? I've read that vitamin supplements can majorly help your hair, but my mom says that there's no proof the body can even absorb vitamins through pill format. Are vitamins even important? If they are, then I definitely want to get some. Does anyone think they'd be worth purchasing? :confused::confused::confused:

Firefox7275
June 6th, 2013, 04:28 PM
What do you mean by vitamins, actual vitamins only, or vitamins minerals essential fatty acids and herbal remedies? Healthy hair needs a balance of all the nutrients, it uses them synergistically and in opposition NOT in isolation. The body absorbs nutrients best from food and again synergistically,
imbalances can do more harm than good. No pill will ever make up for a clean balanced wholefood diet.

akilina
June 6th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I'm not much into vitamins...more into having a well balanced diet and getting my nutrition from REAL food. If I take anything it's just a multi vitamin (which I hardly do)...if you are missing something they will help, if not then its just a bonus. I do not agree with over dosing yourself on vitamins you don't even need just for a little extra growth. Some people take ridiculous amounts of biotin but hardly anyone is deficient in this vitamin that is naturally produced in your body.

If you feel you were to feel that you need something specific have a blood screening to see if you are missing something

kidari
June 6th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Asides from a healthy diet, drinking lots of water, getting good quality sleep, not having a lot of or dealing very well with stress, and having an active lifestyle I have tried supplements for hair growth in addition to those things. Everyone always talks about biotin and there is usually controversy about taking too much of any supplement since that could be dangerous obviously. In my experience biotin did work but it gave me body acne also so I don't take it anymore. I had heard of silica so I have tried a liquid form of it for a little over a year now. The brand I've been using is called Biosil and you put 5 drops into your beverage twice a day. I noticed it's helped my skin as much as it has helped my hair: namely it made my hair thicker (I have insane fluff and baby hairs/new growth all over when I have it in a top knot) my ponytail circumference has grown almost an entire inch when I gather it at the top of my head including my bangs in the past year or so and my skin looks my plump and tight (more youthful). I am 30 now but I have better skin now than I did in my 20s for sure. My nails are stronger now but they have a lot of ridges in them that they didn't have before.

jacqueline101
June 6th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I take every vitamin to man kind and eat fair. I think these both help.

Angelica
June 7th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Asides from a healthy diet, drinking lots of water, getting good quality sleep, not having a lot of or dealing very well with stress, and having an active lifestyle I have tried supplements for hair growth in addition to those things. Everyone always talks about biotin and there is usually controversy about taking too much of any supplement since that could be dangerous obviously. In my experience biotin did work but it gave me body acne also so I don't take it anymore. I had heard of silica so I have tried a liquid form of it for a little over a year now. The brand I've been using is called Biosil and you put 5 drops into your beverage twice a day. I noticed it's helped my skin as much as it has helped my hair: namely it made my hair thicker (I have insane fluff and baby hairs/new growth all over when I have it in a top knot) my ponytail circumference has grown almost an entire inch when I gather it at the top of my head including my bangs in the past year or so and my skin looks my plump and tight (more youthful). I am 30 now but I have better skin now than I did in my 20s for sure. My nails are stronger now but they have a lot of ridges in them that they didn't have before.

Thank you for this. I shall give this a go :)