PDA

View Full Version : Help, fringe messed up...

joflakes
June 6th, 2013, 01:05 PM
So I went for a cut for my fringe and it went BADLY WRONG. ETA: I went to a hairdresser.

I was wondering what you think I should (or could?!) do with it. I usually have a lovely heavy full fringe but this is what I have been left with (please excuse my horrid looking face, yes I have been a bit upset and overreacting!):

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jobrookman/20130606_192612_zpsac7f4017.jpg (http://s137.photobucket.com/user/jobrookman/media/20130606_192612_zpsac7f4017.jpg.html)

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jobrookman/20130606_192629_zps860d833a.jpg (http://s137.photobucket.com/user/jobrookman/media/20130606_192629_zps860d833a.jpg.html)

So....I know the obvious thing to do is to wait for it to grow back, but I feel like, awful and down.

What would you do?

Thank you in advance!

lapushka
June 6th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Oh honey, what the heck happened there? Did you try and do this yourself, by any chance? There's no real advice I can give you other than... yes... to grow it out, and in the mean time maybe you can wear it off to the side?

leslissocool
June 6th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I'd go have it even out.

Did you do it yourself? Did a friend do it? More than anything it looks uneven to me. One side definitively longer than the other, even if it's "shorter" than you are used to, you might feel better if it's even. If not you could pin it back and wait.

joflakes
June 6th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Oh honey, what the heck happened there? Did you try and do this yourself, by any chance? There's no real advice I can give you other than... yes... to grow it out, and in the mean time maybe you can wear it off to the side?

No! When I DIY, I do it right. It was a hairdresser. =(

Thanks. I think she thought because it was a free trim for the bangs that she would do it super fast and I guess she messed up..

shutterpillar
June 6th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Did you bring them a picture or anything as reference? I am trying to figure out where they got that diagonal angle from.

If you hate it, i'd have them even it out.

Achlys
June 6th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Do you usually wear it one length? I think it wouldn't look too bad if you cut it to one length. Then you can wait for it to grow longer.

shutterpillar
LOL or, you can do it yourself since it works out better for you that way, anyway. Then i'd call and complain. Did you notice it was uneven when you left the salon?

joflakes
I did want a lovely feminine side fringe, btw...I don't wanna go back as I fear I'll end up with tiny sticky out bits of fringe! :/

ETA - no I didn't notice, mainly because they were shoving me out the door! I want the fringe I had this morning back!

ETA2 - I have cried, and now, I laugh :laugh: I know it'll grow back, but I feel so rubbish!

ETA3: Yes I wear it one length, well, kinda, I wear it longer round my eyes.

lazuliblue
June 6th, 2013, 01:16 PM
So I went for a cut for my fringe and it went BADLY WRONG. ETA: I went to a hairdresser.
I was wondering what you think I should (or could?!) do with it. I usually have a lovely heavy full fringe but this is what I have been left with (please excuse my horrid looking face, yes I have been a bit upset and overreacting!):

I would just pin it back, unless of course you still want to have a fringe? If you do, I'd even if out myself, or get someone you trust to do it.

It really won't take long to grow out, in the meantime you could get some cute hairbands to push it back? They have loads in Claire's at the moment. Sorry you've had this experience :(

akilina
June 6th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I'd soften the part over your right?)I think( eyebrow where the bangs start where it looks a bit blunt and also connect and soften the bang inbetween your eyebrows. Honestly 2 weeks from now you will feel better about them.

shutterpillar
June 6th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I'd still complain about it. Let them know you didn't realize it was uneven until you got home and you'll be straightening it out yourself - if that is what you intend to do. If you hate the length, maybe pin them back until they are long enough?

If for nothing else, then the call to the salon will make sure the stylist knows you are unhappy with it so she doesn't think she can do that to someone else. (unless they want it that way, of course.)

joflakes
June 6th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks both. I'll be calling them back and yes, I'll be straightening them out!

Good job I have LHC to make me feel a bit better. =)

Akilina thanks for the advice on how to cut them a bit better, I think I'd rather be left with too short full on bangs than what I have now!!

Magalo
June 6th, 2013, 01:32 PM
If I was you I would just cut it blunt! The short part is not THAT short and I'm sure you'll look great with a blunt bang right over your eyebrows. In like 2-3 weeks they'll touch your eyebrows again.

Also, if you want a side fringe: Usually, they cut it almost blunt with with slightly longer bits close to your parting. It's easy to do yourself!

joflakes
June 6th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Thanks Magalo.

I just cut it to the same length on the other side and cut into it a bit. It looks a bit weird and choppy but not AS weird as before! I'll post a pic when it's dry as I ran some water over it :)

jacqueline101
June 6th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I'd even them and let them grow out.

shutterpillar
June 6th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Cant wait to see! :)

lunalocks
June 6th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Can't see your pics, but take heart. Bangs grow. I pretty much tell my stylist to do anything she pleases, as long as it is symmetrical. I am really liking the choppy look right now.

Kaelee
June 6th, 2013, 09:48 PM
I can't see the pics either. :( But one of the things I love about bangs is they grow! Quickly! I usually botch mine slightly, but as I have long side bangs...eh, I don't care. I actually think I got them right THIS time...half the time I wind up looking like I have a hime cut! (without the forehead fringe). I don't worry about damage etc. either because I love my bangs, I intend to keep them, so they get trimmed frequently.

UltraBella
June 6th, 2013, 11:52 PM
I can't see them either :( Darn it.

joflakes
June 7th, 2013, 01:37 AM
I removed the photos because they're really embarassing! I've cut it to one length now which is really short but not as bad style wise. Well it is still awful but not as awful!

joflakes
June 7th, 2013, 03:15 AM
As promised here is the result I did myself:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q232/jobrookman/20130607_101114_zpsca1de447.jpg (http://s137.photobucket.com/user/jobrookman/media/20130607_101114_zpsca1de447.jpg.html)

It's still fairly awful. Haha. It is however much better than before!

What I am impressed at it my actual hair. I've not washed in ages and it looks and feels awesome! The curl/wave is so much nicer!

shutterpillar
June 7th, 2013, 04:38 AM
I think it looks fine! You did a great job. :) And you'll be able to make it more blunt in about 3 weeks when it's grown a little.

Nice work!

joflakes
June 7th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Thanks! =)

lapushka
June 7th, 2013, 05:42 AM
It doesn't look that bad anymore, you did great!

browneyedsusan
June 7th, 2013, 06:04 AM
You did a great job with those bangs! They'll grow out in no time, and you'll feel better about yourself. I'm sorry the hairdresser messed them up so horribly that you took the pictures down. How traumatizing for you! :blossom: You still are a pretty girl, and your bangs are just fine now. :)

thenewstephie
June 7th, 2013, 06:34 AM
I think they look pretty cute even though that's not how you like them.

joflakes
June 7th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Thank you all! =)

lunalocks
June 7th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Don't know what they looked like before, but they look pretty good now! Probably a lot shorter than you are used to, but they will grow!

irishlady
June 7th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Oh dear :(
I'm so sorry this happened, it happened to me before at a hairdresser's too.
I don't really have any advice, but I agree with what akilina suggests.
I found that clipping them back with some pretty slides helped as well :)

Kaelee
June 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I didn't see it before either, but it looks awesome now! I love how they're light/piecy. That's how I like to have my bangs, too.

Dandelion6
June 7th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Just popped in on this thread. Did not see the before pics, but wow, they look really pretty now!

leslissocool
June 7th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Yup, Soooo much better! You did a great job!

palaeoqueen
June 8th, 2013, 03:25 AM
I didn't see the before pictures but I think they look really nice now, good job!

joflakes
June 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Thanks so much for all your kind words!

spirals
June 25th, 2013, 02:11 AM
I nver saw the origional pics, but whatever you have going on in your avatar is really cute. Wanna come 'cross the pond and do mine? :D (That would be one expensive haircut.)