PDA

View Full Version : Increasing scalp bloodflow to enhance growth

Sister13
June 3rd, 2013, 08:01 PM
Scalp massage, good nutrition & hydration are great to start.

Regular exercise is great, too.

Lately I've been scalp combing and brushing but also rinsing with some rigorous herbs that turn my scalp pink for 45 minutes. Black pepper, white pepper, hot pepper, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf. Submerged in ACV/ lemon juice in tap water.

And methinks it's helping. :joy:

Does anyone else rinse with rigorous herbs?

raej
June 3rd, 2013, 08:08 PM
I haven't tried yet, but sounds super refreshing an invigorating!

Redhead Rebel
June 3rd, 2013, 08:47 PM
Niacin certainly increases circulation, not just for your scalp though.

McFearless
June 3rd, 2013, 09:55 PM
Does it cause any irritation, itchiness or shedding?

Redhead Rebel
June 4th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Well that's the bad side of it, you get what's called a Niacin Flush. Starts at your scalp and works down your body. Makes you hot, itchy and red, how long it lasts depends on the dosage but after a week or so your body gets used to it so you only get the redness. Best to take it just before bed so you sleep through the flush. It works the best when taken with Biotin.

PolarCathy
June 4th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I've been using (on and off) everything you mentioned plus chili, mustard powder, even tabasco (habanero! mixed into other things), to induce blood rush. I don't think it has done much (if anything) for my growth though. I certainly didn't get any spurt I noticed and I really tried. :rollin: Well not entirely true; I did get lots of new hairs popping up especially with the mustard powder, but no increase in overall length.

From time to time I still experiment with stuff especially in the colder months. Seems like my growth rate is constant no matter what I do. Good luck with your experimenting, maybe you get better results.

furnival
June 4th, 2013, 07:51 AM
The easiest way to increase bloodflow to the scalp is to stand under a warm shower :grnbiggri

LadyCelestina
June 4th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Ow,ow! I'm sorry but pepper on scalp sounds horrible. I think I'll rather be a slow grower then :D

I did try ginger and cinnamon,both diluted in water.It makes hair really shiny soft clean,but did it itch !!

Simone_Fatale
June 4th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I've been using Allin hair lotion for a while now and noticed baby hairs growing and faster growth. I'm not sure if you can get it anywhere besides Europe, but it's great stuff, and completely organic. Made from garlic, nettle leaves and roots, and lavender flowers + destilled water and aethyl alcohol. The smell is kinda funny but it evaporates quickly and it's supposed to be used the night before washing, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Kaelee
June 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM
I've been using (on and off) everything you mentioned plus chili, mustard powder, even tabasco (habanero! mixed into other things), to induce blood rush.

And I thought I was a chili-head! :lol:

Sister13
June 4th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Garlic might be a good addition but oh the odor. Onion too as it's the main ingredient in Mederma and scar healing lotions.

I dig niacin - I was suspicious of the intensity that goes with taking the supplement. Like -- will it cause kidney stones or some other imbalance.

Mustard is interesting as well. I have some mustard oil I read could help with hair regrowth.

I gotta be more consistent.

Thank you for all your responses.

Angelica
June 4th, 2013, 03:52 PM
I found that taking an antihistamine helped regarding the horrid flush and itching with Niacin. Niacin is not something I found benefitted me though, so once I finished the tablets I didn't purchase any more. I do some scalp massages though but tend not to use anything on my scalp for fear of allergic reactions.

jacqueline101
June 4th, 2013, 04:05 PM
You could try a viberating hair brush I love mine massage your hair flipped over and up right 15 minutes.

Venefica
June 4th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Well scalp massages definitively do not hurt. I do think they make the hair grow faster and healthier but in either case a massage eases the scalp and can be heaven after you have worn your heavy hair up in a bun all day, and I think that is very healthy to do, a massage every now and again.

Lalital
June 5th, 2013, 04:11 AM
I agree, Venefica. No matter what I do to improve my health, I can never increase my growth rate - even though health of the hair improves. However, when I dedicate myself to two scalp massages of about 20min, a week - my growth rate improves. I think it's the healthiest thing you can do for your hair and scalp.