PDA

View Full Version : I can wear sticks!!! FINALLY!!!!

Kaelee
June 2nd, 2013, 07:51 PM
:happydance::happydance::happydance:

This is the rolled/tucked faux French braid from a while ago (though my hair doesn't like to do the rolling thing so I just tuck it so far.) I had been securing it with a Ficcare and I was thrilled to be able to wear my medium Ficcares, but it works with sticks too! Perfectly! The first time!

This is the first time I've been able to get sticks to hold comfortably and actually stay in place!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/001-56_zps264ab33e.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/001-56_zps264ab33e.jpg.html)

I love the mini-milestones! :D

BeccaAngel
June 2nd, 2013, 09:40 PM
Nicely done! Your hair is so healthy and pretty :)

Kaelee
June 2nd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Nicely done! Your hair is so healthy and pretty :)

Thanks!! I just hennaed it today. :D

cathair
June 2nd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Congratulations :cheese: Your bun and sticks are both very pretty. Can I ask what kind of bun that is please?

Kaelee
June 2nd, 2013, 10:28 PM
Congratulations :cheese: Your bun and sticks are both very pretty. Can I ask what kind of bun that is please?

It's a faux French braid tucked up under itself. :) And the sticks are from Pacific Mercantile/Eduard.

cathair
June 2nd, 2013, 10:40 PM
It's a faux French braid tucked up under itself. :) And the sticks are from Pacific Mercantile/Eduard.

Thanks I may have to give that a try, I really like it :)

Natalia
June 2nd, 2013, 11:15 PM
Yay :cheesedance: !!!

Suze2012
June 3rd, 2013, 12:38 AM
Love the colour of your hair against the colour of the sticks. :0)

I saw a colleague at work put her hair up with a pen last week...I was seriously impressed as her hair is a bob and only just skims her shoulders!

Jorja
June 3rd, 2013, 12:49 AM
Oh congratulations! I was so pleased when I could put my hair back up in a stick after cutting it back to apl. I have to use a couple of spin pins still as it's too thick it springs out if I don't help it.

I love that style, I tried it but the end of the braid tucked in makes my head itch lol. It looks really nice on you :)

leslissocool
June 3rd, 2013, 01:17 AM
Yay!!!

Looks great!

juliaxena
June 3rd, 2013, 03:43 AM
Congrats!

I have worn sticks successfully a few times before but as my hair got more and more slippery while damage was being cut off, I realise I prefer forks even more than before. Now I have all those sticks I don't know what to do with.

Kaelee
June 3rd, 2013, 06:28 AM
Swap board! :agree: I can do this style with one stick too, the two just makes it more scure and more balanced.

jacqueline101
June 3rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Congrats your hair is nice.

juliaxena
June 3rd, 2013, 08:31 AM
Swap board! :agree: I can do this style with one stick too, the two just makes it more scure and more balanced.

Maybe in the future.

How long is your hair? I don't know (whoops). :)

embee
June 3rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
Well done! It looks great. I can't do that - hair too thin and too long, won't tuck, as there's no place to tuck it. I love sticks, they are my go-to hair-toy. :)

Kaelee
June 3rd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Juliaxena- my hair is around BSL. :)

The only problem with this style is when I tuck the braid, half the time the act of tucking it pulls on some scalp hairs and it hurts! I guess I need more practice with it. I'm trying not to torture my hair too much in the mean time LOL

browneyedsusan
June 4th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Yay!!!
It looks fabulous! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Gumball
June 4th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Congratulations on getting hair sticks to work! Your hair looks fantastic!

TheHowlingWolf
June 4th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Congrats! That's so pretty! & such pretty sticks too!

Dandelion6
June 5th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Congrats :magic:

Kaelee
June 13th, 2013, 10:40 AM
And FORKS too! This isn't the best updo ever, but it's still holding strong after TWO HOURS (not brave enough to wear it like this to work yet, I have enough trouble with buns exploding midway through my shift in this humidity already!) I'm shocked...I've never gotten a fork to hold this long before, though I love this fork (if some of you recall, I custom ordered it from Chevulure last year. Like my sticks, it's been sitting in a drawer since then because I hadn't been able to wear it.)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/001-56_zps99a467d9.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/001-56_zps99a467d9.jpg.html)