PDA

View Full Version : 730 photos of long hair

Wanderlust
June 2nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
I happened across a Pinterest page dedicated to long hair, and I thought some here might like to see it:

http://pinterest.com/ichabodcrane700/coiffure/

CastaDiva
June 2nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
I spotted a photo of a TLHC member (arc691) on there. Spotted gossamer's photo after a closer look.

humble_knight
June 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
I wonder if the owner of the page has permission to use those photos. I spotted gossamer and arc691

RavennaNight
June 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
How fun! I have a long hair Pinterest board too. :D It's great inspiration to grow!

Wanderlust
June 2nd, 2013, 01:00 PM
"I wonder if the owner of the page has permission to use those photos. I spotted gossamer and arc691"

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they will see this and be able to request that the owner of the board take them down, if they wish.

rock007junkie
June 2nd, 2013, 01:23 PM
Holy crap, thanks! These are beautiful!

AnqeIicDemise
June 2nd, 2013, 01:47 PM
I recognize Arc691's gorgeous head of hair in there!

Its so weird to recognize people... O.o

MsBubbles
June 2nd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Somebody help that poor woman who fell down the stairs! :lol:

Thanks for the link. Beautiful hair.

spidermom
June 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Haha; funny how short (to me) some of that "long" hair is. Nice collection.

woodlandnymph
June 2nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Wow! These were amazing! Thank you for posting!! :D

Beatnik Guy
June 2nd, 2013, 02:29 PM

Yes; maybe she tripped and fell so artfully. :ponder:
Nice pictures, some I've seen before, some I haven't.

alexis917
June 2nd, 2013, 03:37 PM
Hey, I see arc691, too!
Waiting to see pictures of other members crop up on there, haha.

jacqueline101
June 2nd, 2013, 04:00 PM
Those are amazing head of hairs. I wonder of the owners of these pictures know their hair is on here.

gossamer
June 2nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Yeah, they definitely don't have my permission to pin that photo - although this board is repinning it from elsewhere, which took it from a long hair website called Long Hair Palace. The trail stops cold there because I think it's linked on a board that is actually members only. Here's the thing, that website, while it's a step more towards the gushing admiration of long hair than I'm usually comfortable with, also seems to be heavily moderated and warnings are posted all over it keep things G and PG.

I could be upset, but there'd be a lot of work in trying to write every person who repinned it to take it down. And I'd then be identifying my online self to those people when I'd rather happily use pinterest for crochet and craft pins in peace.

Where did that photo begin its life? On the "Knee length and beyond" thread here on LHC.

As a reminder to everyone here, if you aren't comfortable with your photos potentially (and let's be honest, most definitely) floating around the internet outside the community, don't post them. This is the internet, after all.

Watermark them if you'd like to at least always have a name associated with them while they float around out there.

sidenote: really, of all the photos to set free onto pinterest, it couldn't be a more flattering one? :rolleyes:

EdG
June 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Oh blah, another long hair photo collector. We have a way of dealing with those. :hatchet:

I recognized Danny Cecati. The poster didn't even realize one subject was a man. :rolleyes:
Ed

emeraldfaery
June 2nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
I also have hair board on pinterest, but I try to follow the links and at least make sure it's the site where it's most likely from. I've seen arc691's picture on quite a few boards. That's about the biggest collection I've come across yet!

Quixii
June 2nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Very pretty! Though I am a bit bummed that I don't see any naturally curly hair, and even very few naturally wave hair. It seems to either be straight hair or styled hair. :shrug:

Maybe it's just me, but aren't the lines of getting permission blurred a bit with Pinterest? I mean, they're not taking the photo and uploading it as their own. The whole idea of Pinterest is like having random photos pinned up on a pin-tack board.
I know my nail art pictures circle around Pinterest, but they all link back to me at some point in the trail. More so on Pinterest than on other sites that have my nail photos.

Sharysa
June 2nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
That's a fantastic pinterest board! Thanks for sharing, although I'm also bummed that there are so few natural curls/waves. Where's the messy-hair love?

Maybe the bohemian messy waves are farther back in the archives. *starts looking*

Darkessa
June 2nd, 2013, 09:09 PM
:thudpile:
Im in love!!!

MaryO
June 3rd, 2013, 03:15 AM
Thanks for sharing- I'm addicted to anything Pinterest(ing!)

lapushka
June 3rd, 2013, 04:01 AM
While it's a big collection, something hits me the wrong way when pictures are used without permission. So, no. Bad page. I'm not bookmarking it, that's for damn sure.

Bagginslover
June 3rd, 2013, 06:12 AM
Uh oh, I think a photo on there has made me re-evaluate my length and colour goals..... and I thought I'd be there in another 18-24 months..... looking like 5 years now! Doh!!
Beautiful hair photos though.

kitschy
June 3rd, 2013, 06:51 AM
That's a fantastic pinterest board! Thanks for sharing, although I'm also bummed that there are so few natural curls/waves. Where's the messy-hair love?

Maybe the bohemian messy waves are farther back in the archives. *starts looking*

Lots of braid waves and messy braids, but I too was disappointment to not find any curlies. I need inspiration to grow longer - past tailbone!

redsiren
June 3rd, 2013, 07:09 AM
It definately inspired me to grow past my goal length (tailbone) so pretty...

catamonica
June 3rd, 2013, 09:22 AM
I have been to pinterest. It's a great site. They show women & their hair back to the nineteen century.

Cowgirl16
June 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
:thudpile: wow beautiful hair :inlove:
I wish I could find someone that could do some of those gorgeous updos to my hair.

akilina
June 4th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Nice pics!! I love looking at hair inspiration and have a big board myself.

It's Pinterest, not a personal blog. I'm not sure what the solution is to the big stink about photos being used. There is stuff on Pinterest from every nook And cranny of the net so how are you supposed to find the source to *ask*.
If someone personally has an issue then don't put your pictures on the Internet period. The end.

Once you upload that photo anywhere it's then released into the Internet world for general use by anyone and everyone. I don't see the point in shunning the board because of this. There sre some lovely hair pics there!

I know there are a few of my hair photos about from when it was shaved and white and black but it's sort of a compliment to see ones hair on places like Pinterest. It means someone is inspired and admires your hair or whatever the photo was of.

gossamer
June 4th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Nice pics!! I love looking at hair inspiration and have a big board myself.

It's Pinterest, not a personal blog. I'm not sure what the solution is to the big stink about photos being used. There is stuff on Pinterest from every nook And cranny of the net so how are you supposed to find the source to *ask*.
If someone personally has an issue then don't put your pictures on the Internet period. The end.

Once you upload that photo anywhere it's then released into the Internet world for general use by anyone and everyone. I don't see the point in shunning the board because of this. There sre some lovely hair pics there!

I know there are a few of my hair photos about from when it was shaved and white and black but it's sort of a compliment to see ones hair on places like Pinterest. It means someone is inspired and admires your hair or whatever the photo was of.

I hope you didn't take my post about my photo showing up on there as raising a big stink. I am more irked that it was copied from LHC to some other ******y hair site and then posted to Pinterest from there, rather than that it showed up on Pinterest at all. Most of arc691's photos link back to her blog, which I think is a fairer way of going about things.

But yes, photos, once posted on the internet, are released into the wild to fly to all sorts of places.

akilina
June 4th, 2013, 09:38 PM
I hope you didn't take my post about my photo showing up on there as raising a big stink. I am more irked that it was copied from LHC to some other ******y hair site and then posted to Pinterest from there, rather than that it showed up on Pinterest at all. Most of arc691's photos link back to her blog, which I think is a fairer way of going about things.

But yes, photos, once posted on the internet, are released into the wild to fly to all sorts of places.
No honestly I didn't even see your post :p it's not even here in this thread only but all over more so.
Hair ****** people are freaky and creepy but still..if someone doesn't want to be subject to the creepers don't post em :/ it's strange when people seem so shocked by this happening.
It's hard to expect every single thing on Pinterest to be cited when things get pinned and repinned thousands of times

NymphSpirit
June 5th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Lovely board :p I really enjoy browsing hair related boards, but finding the ones that have long-by-lhc-standards hair pictures can prove to be a difficult task!

And for other Pinterest lovers I give you this person's profile (http://pinterest.com/kylersaunders/)! His collection has all kinds of hair, from pinup updos to all natural medieval maiden-like manes and more (there are some pics that are uncredited, and that does get a bit annoying, but the 18k and growing collection kinda makes me overlook that... :oops:)

Sagi1982
June 5th, 2013, 02:28 PM
No honestly I didn't even see your post :p it's not even here in this thread only but all over more so.
Hair ****** people are freaky and creepy but still..if someone doesn't want to be subject to the creepers don't post em :/ it's strange when people seem so shocked by this happening.
It's hard to expect every single thing on Pinterest to be cited when things get pinned and repinned thousands of times
Yeah, RIGHT. If you don't want to see your pics or videos on strange sites - don't post 'em. I've had some very strange mails (with TBL hair!) on YouTube as well, so I know what all your ladies talking about - but: there a thousands of nice people out there, who finds ideas for hair styling or inspiration to grow their hair beyond "normal" lengths by watching video clips or pictures showing arcs mane (for example), thousands who don't care about your hair/updo/braid and only a few sickos.

Vintagecoilylocks
June 7th, 2013, 07:13 AM
No curlies or worlies or greys. But still lovely hair and a great inspiration to keep growing.

Bagginslover
June 7th, 2013, 07:41 AM

Any ******ist is creepy if they attempt to practice it outside of somewhere appropriate, with/around people who do not consent. I don't think anything that is legal is creepy, if practiced appropriatly, its when indulging in the ****** becomes public it becomes unacceptable.

Shadow Walker
June 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I spotted Igor's pictures in there too.

akilina
June 8th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Any ******ist is creepy if they attempt to practice it outside of somewhere appropriate, with/around people who do not consent. I don't think anything that is legal is creepy, if practiced appropriatly, its when indulging in the ****** becomes public it becomes unacceptable.
Well I just know most hair ****** people are not under this category you speak of.. My friends have been told By at least five of them that they want to rub their hair on their genitals and in between their toes and "oh you don't wanna know what I'd do with that hair" . I have never seen a legit hair ****** site
I'm not even here to argue. Youre trying to argue my small opinion that was not even the highlight of the post.
My main point is don't put your hair photos up if the idea of any one person using your photo in any way shape or form bothers you. Plain.and.simple.

leslissocool
June 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM

Thanks for the link. Beautiful hair.

Yes; maybe she tripped and fell so artfully. :ponder:

I wish I fell so artfully. Maybe I shall attempt to recreate it when my hair gets to classic :lol:.

heidi w.
June 8th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I'm still growing mine out, but I wasn't on there. No matter, it's gorgeous hair.
heidi w.