PDA

View Full Version : I think I spend too much time here...

Naluin
August 29th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Last night I had a dream that I was diluting Monistat with coffee and rubbing it into my scalp to make my hair grow faster. :rolleyes:

I don't even use Monistat!

But... do you think the Monistat/coffee thing actually would work? :o

Ohio Sky
August 29th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Last night I had a dream that I was diluting Monistat with coffee and rubbing it into my scalp to make my hair grow faster. :rolleyes:

I don't even use Monistat!

But... do you think the Monistat/coffee thing actually would work? :o

LMAO maybe you're subconsciously divining new hair growth methods! :rollin: :rollin:

sipnsun
August 29th, 2008, 02:42 PM
LOL! That's really funny. I don't know if it would work but if it does, please let me know!:)

I never have dreams about growing my hair, only nightmares about someone chopping it off. I like your dream better!!

ChloeDharma
August 29th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Actually i think there could be something in that......there is a thread somewhere on a study showing that caffeine increased growth rate.....i'll go hunt it out for you.

ETA

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-430669/Coffee-hold-cure-baldness.html

http://hubpages.com/hub/Caffeine-for-hair-growth

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5958&highlight=caffeine

Naluin
August 29th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Thanks, ChloeDarma! I don't remember if I read that thread. I probably did. :)

ChloeDharma
August 29th, 2008, 04:14 PM
You're welcome hun.....soooo are you volunteering for a monistat/coffee experiment?? :p

Naluin
August 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
You're welcome hun.....soooo are you volunteering for a monistat/coffee experiment?? :p

Maybe... I'd need to go shopping! And I'd have to take a baseline measurement of my hair... and I just started taking a multivitamin and soy for my allergies and how do I know that those won't skew the results of this experiment?

Oh, heck, I'll take all the growth I can get. :p If my hair isn't long enough to put up by the time freezing temps arrive, I don't know what I'll do with it. :rolleyes:

I'm running some numbers and so far I'm getting a mix of 1/2 tsp of instant coffee to 24 oz of water to get the dilution of 0.005 % in the experiment discussed in Wiley. Does that sound right? :confused:

ChloeDharma
August 29th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Oh god i'm terrible with numbers....though i'd definately go for fresh ground coffee as opposed to instant in case there are any funky chemicals in it.....although caffeine tablets were suggested too.....tea might be another idea but i have no idea how to work out the caffeine content of that either. Or even cocoa, that has some caffeine in, might be a nice smell too?

Naluin
August 29th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Oh god i'm terrible with numbers....though i'd definately go for fresh ground coffee as opposed to instant in case there are any funky chemicals in it.....although caffeine tablets were suggested too.....tea might be another idea but i have no idea how to work out the caffeine content of that either. Or even cocoa, that has some caffeine in, might be a nice smell too?

Various websites give the caffeine content of tea, but it varies widely. I can just see myself making a cup of chai for my hair! :o I think it would work out to about the same proportions: one tea bag to three cups of water.