PDA

View Full Version : Why are our ends thinner?

lapushka
May 30th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Thought this was an interesting video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4RyJMKtTc

emeraldfaery
May 30th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Great video! She explained it really well. Embrace your fairytale ends and baby hairs cause you can't out grow them. lol :)

melusine963
May 30th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Definitely a good video. Now I can get people to stop nagging me so much about supposed damage and thin ends. :)

jacqueline101
May 30th, 2013, 01:26 PM
That's a good video.

icallitbliss
May 30th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I liked it. Really interesting.

browneyedsusan
May 30th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Very nice, lapushka. She explains it plainly. Thanks for sharing. :)

lapushka
May 30th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I was almost TBL (about an inch away), then I had it cut back to hip, and that felt somewhat thicker at the ends already. Then I had it cut back to waist and that felt *really* thick at the ends. When I was waist before, growing all the way to TBL, my hair was not as thick as it is now, and the same thickness I have now at waist, I had back then at BSL. So thickness does travel down, it takes *quite* a while, though!

Sharysa
May 30th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Neat video. I always knew the general principle of anagen phases and stuff, but hearing/reading about it in detail was definitely fascinating.

shazzshazshz
May 31st, 2013, 06:08 AM
fab video, super informative. thanks for sharing!

AspenSong
May 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
Interesting. I kind of understood this anyway, but watching it was good. In the last year as my hair has grown, my ends have thinned out a LOT. I mean they're roughly like less than 1/4 of what my amount is at the nape of my neck. I've been sort of freaking out about it...but it's nice to know it's likely, just what's going to happen.

CurlyMopTop
May 31st, 2013, 10:42 AM
Great video!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 31st, 2013, 10:01 PM
That is a most informative video. I wonder if there is a way to work out how long your anagen phase is.

juliaxena
May 31st, 2013, 11:29 PM
I understand, but I am sure not happy about it.

Becky9679
May 31st, 2013, 11:45 PM
Lucy strikes again! I love all her videos

truepeacenik
June 1st, 2013, 09:48 AM
I loved this comment:

trollsneedhugs
I just went to the hairdressers a few weeks ago I said "a straight cut around, a trim, no layers, I DO NOT WANT LAYERS" and I got layers too short to go behind my ears. I despise hairdressers, they don't listen. Next time I am going to ask "I will take Veggie Delite on Wholewheat, no olives with sweet onion dressing please" Im sure it will do just as much good. You are very knowledgable about hair :-)

QMacrocarpa
June 1st, 2013, 04:56 PM
Yes, a good video! I can definitely see referring people to that again in the future. Whenever there's a burst of complaints about taper, I think to myself that taper is our friend! Without it our hair would all fall out at once! :)

Panth
June 2nd, 2013, 01:06 AM
That is a most informative video. I wonder if there is a way to work out how long your anagen phase is.

I doubt you can calculate your exact anagen phase as I suspect it varies with stress (as in the biological sense - both mental stress and environmental stress, e.g. poor diet, under- or over-exercising, etc.). I fear the most accurate way of calculating your anagen phase is to grow to terminal length...

Angelica
June 2nd, 2013, 06:41 AM
Very interesting video. I understand what she is saying, but it makes me quite depressed as well.

Zindell
June 2nd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Very interesting video and one of the reasons I won't try to go terminal.

My hair is still thick at BSL (well according to scandinavian fine hair standards) and I think I can grow it to MBL or even Waist, but after that I'll stop growing and just trim the ends now and then to keep it look healthy. :)

SerinaDaith
June 2nd, 2013, 07:07 AM
This just means that my quest for terminal length will be what I always thought. Lots of fairytail endings. Love Lucy, she is always so clear and still tells a great story.

juliaxena
June 2nd, 2013, 07:18 AM
Very interesting video and one of the reasons I won't try to go terminal.

My hair is still thick at BSL (well according to scandinavian fine hair standards) and I think I can grow it to MBL or even Waist, but after that I'll stop growing and just trim the ends now and then to keep it look healthy. :)

I am with you. Except that I already have some taper which I think is due to me feeling very down at a point in my life. It must have not been easy on my hair.

Yozhik
June 2nd, 2013, 08:55 AM
Very informative video containing information that I hadn't conceptualized in that way before!

Thanks for sharing. :)

Bagginslover
June 3rd, 2013, 05:30 AM
I love all of Lucy's videos, both her hair and corsetry ones :)

lapushka
June 3rd, 2013, 05:51 AM
I love all of Lucy's videos, both her hair and corsetry ones :)

Yeah, I do too, she's amazing! :)