PDA

View Full Version : Can you all help me with a defintion?

mamaherrera
May 29th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I just wonder how I compare with others. A lot of you post on here that you have a few white hairs at 32, 33. But for you all, "what do you consider to be a few?" 3-5, 10-20, Last August I had about 15, and now I have more than doubled that. It has me very depressed because i don't know if that means I'm really going to go white all of a sudden. My parents had white hair at my age, but not that many. so then I start to get sad, because I think it's my fault from bad lifestyle, stress, etc. Now I have like 40, and like I said, it' hasn't even been a year when I only had 15. That's why I was wondering what others consider to be a few? Thanks

Anje
May 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I'm 30 and probably have a few dozen, but most don't show themselves at any given time. I don't bother counting, but there might be as many as 100. Most are in a few clumps in the middle top of my head, where they don't show unless I part in the wrong spot. (I suppose there's a possibility that there's a big clump hiding somewhere at the back of my head that I haven't found, though.:p)

I found my first white hair, at least shoulder-length, when I was 12. I've had a few white hairs all through my teens and twenties. I highly doubt I'll have anything more than a little streak going (same as my mom, who got most of her early gray in the same area where mine show up) before I'm 40. They'll show up slowly, but for most of us, graying is a long process. I'm pretty sure that it's also largely genetic, not lifestyle; however, I still blame grad school for most of mine!

neko_kawaii
May 29th, 2013, 11:38 AM
When you gray has more to do with genetics than lifestyle, though people under great stress can sometimes gray very quickly. My grandmother was completely gray when she was in her late twenties. My mother on the other hand is in her 50s and has very few grays so you can't always guess what your hair is going to do based on what your parent's did.

Gray hair is beautiful! (http://fabulousmag.co.uk/2012/12/04/im-38-with-grey-hair-whats-the-big-deal/). If you choose not to dye, look around here for the renegray support thread.

jacqueline101
May 29th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I'm 31 I have none my mom didn't gray until last year she's 51. My dad was in his 30's.

browneyedsusan
May 29th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I'm quite gray, I think. I henna my roots often and feed an unhealthy sense of denial. :wink:. My parents are 71. Dad looks like he has a possum on his head, and Mom has about 20 strands of gray in the front. I think I inherited the possum. :wigtongue: It isn't a big deal. That is why they make haircolor! :afro:

Nae
May 29th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Oh jeez, mine are everywhere. I am 37 and I would say 1/4 to 1/2 of my head is white, I henna over them so I have nice red highlights amongst my black hair. It works for me. But yeah, I have a LOT of white hairs. Hundreds and hundreds.