PDA

View Full Version : My hair progress... (PIC!)

Mingle
May 27th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Hello! I believe it is about time I posted on here again. I've always been a lurker. ;)

My hair was at BSL when I first created my account on LHC almost 2 years ago. Last year it was at waist and I cut (or trimmed) about 3 inches off last December. My hair is still a little frizzy, but it is no where near as bad as when I first started. I'm proud to say that it almost to tail bone! (Probably is if I stretch it.)

As of now, I am contemplating henna-ing my hair and getting layers. My hair is just too thick and heavy! Any opinions on that would be great. Oh! Also, I never had anyone else classify my hair for me. What do you think? 2A?

Thank you for reading, and good luck to all of you on your hair journey!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-h7LA6uZzCaM/UaQpkzQxZAI/AAAAAAAAAmg/YsqWoJR0nrE/w384-h512-no/photo.jpg

Lola19
May 27th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Just wanted to say that your hair is beautiful!!!! Happy growing!!!

Mingle
May 27th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Thank you! :o

Wildcat Diva
May 27th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Oh my goodness, your hair is so beautiful! I hope it's all right, I've saved a screenshot as an inspiration picture to inspire me to grow from APL to past waist. Although I'm not sure my hair is going to end up that thick. What is your ponytail circumference, if you don't mind telling?

morrigan*
May 28th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Your hair is gorgeous!

melusine963
May 28th, 2013, 02:04 AM
You have my dream hair! It's absolutely beautiful.

thistledown
May 28th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Your hair is lovely! I can only speak from experience re layers, I hated them! They stuckout of every hairstyle and were just awful! But you may love them :) I cut a fringe and never regretted it, however I did regret dying my hair a lot.......it takes ages to grow out! LOL
Vanessa

lapushka
May 28th, 2013, 07:14 AM
As of now, I am contemplating henna-ing my hair and getting layers. My hair is just too thick and heavy! Any opinions on that would be great. Oh! Also, I never had anyone else classify my hair for me. What do you think? 2A?

I think it's 2bish, far too wavy for 2a, that's for sure. If you have ringlets somewhere in your hair, you might even be 2c.

It looks amazing, great as is. I wouldn't change it, wouldn't get layers nor henna! But that's just me.

lapushka
May 28th, 2013, 07:14 AM

I think it's 2bish, far too wavy for 2a, that's for sure. If you have ringlets somewhere in your hair, you might even be 2c.

It looks amazing, great as is. I wouldn't change it, wouldn't get layers nor henna! But that's just me.

MimiKeki
May 28th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Wow, beautiful waves Mingle, and the colour is lovely.

Kristen121
May 28th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Looks great!

door72067
May 28th, 2013, 09:39 AM
it looks amazing just as it is!

MaryO
May 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Oooh, your hair is glorious!

Yozhik
May 28th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Beautiful hair! I wish I had your wurls!

I'd classify your texture as 2c.

Personally, I like the color and length, but if you want a change, go for it. :flower:

starlamelissa
May 28th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Your hair texture is the 2s, definitely. What is your routine? I think some gel scrunched in would bump ya to a 3.

Kosmos
May 28th, 2013, 10:57 AM
What gorgeous locks!

BrightEyes
May 28th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Your hair is stunning! It's just beautiful, I wouldn't change anything:)

jacqueline101
May 28th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Your hair is beautiful congrats on growing.

ilandree
May 28th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Looks beautiful!

Annibelle
May 28th, 2013, 11:23 AM
G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S! Can I have that hair when I grow up? Pretty please? :lol:

Mingle
May 28th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Wildcat Diva, I do not mind at all! I never thought I'd be the one inspiring people, its so strange! I just measured my ponytail circumference a few times for you, its at 5 inches when held "normally," and 4 3/4 inches when held up tighter. Hmm... I could've sworn my circumference was less over a year ago.

Starlamelissa, I CO wash every other day or every 3rd day and rinse with cold water. Then, I smooth in (not rake) some leave-in and gently squeeze excess water from my hair with a microfiber towel. I love that thing, it cuts my drying time by 1/3. Finally, I put in a light hold jelly, because it helps with the frizzies. I do agree with you, I think if I scrunched in a hard hold gel, my hair would be more spirally. Alas! I am a poor college student and I'm trying to finish the products I currently have before I buy more.

Annibelle, if we trade, why yes! I wouldn't mind having your hair. ;D

Thank you, everybody, for the wonderful compliments! :flower: I don't think I have ever received this many!

My hair does contain some spirals in the front, Lapushka, but the bottom layer is almost completely straight. I think that comes from the weight of my canopy resting on it.

Also, I think my hair color is a little lighter as I'm standing in front of a fluorescent light. But get this, my hair from root to tip is lighter than when I started here. I have no idea why.

browneyedsusan
May 28th, 2013, 12:23 PM
thudworthy!

You can henna if you like, but it looks gorgeous the way it sits.
:twocents: Understand that henna is permanent; once it's in, it's in forever. You can grow it out and cut it off, or dye over it darker, but you can't lift it with bleach or highlights. (Lightening attempts often result in neon orange hair when the natural color bleaches, but the henna won't budge.) I love henna in my hair, but I want it red forever.

Mingle
May 28th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks, Susan!
Yeah, I understand that. I've always wanted red hair. For YEARS. But I don't think my dark brown eyes and black eye brows would go well with auburn hair. Anyway, its seems more people appreciate my hair the way it is now, so I think I will leave it this way and put my energy into learning up-dos.

I cannot, for the life of me, braid my hair like you ladies can.

alexis917
May 28th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Your hair is so pretty!
But certainly wavier than 2a. At least 2b.

Lunadriael
May 28th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Such lovely hair, I wish mine would be like yours! Only henna if you really want the orange, and I'd highly recommend a test strand first. It's never going to come out and it'd be years and years to grow it out back to that length. Personally, I wouldn't change it if my hair were as nice as that. :)

sisi33
May 28th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Really, no thuds yet? :thud: Your hair is gorgeous!

Mingle
May 28th, 2013, 01:38 PM
:blushing: Oh my gosh, you guys are making me blush over here! Thank you guys so much! Honestly, if it weren't for you lovely ladies, I would have never thought to have let my hair grow. Hell, I'd still have a frizzy mess going on!

Alright, I won't touch my hair! I'll leave it as is save for the biyearly trims.

starlamelissa
May 28th, 2013, 02:55 PM
A hard hold gel doesn't need to be expensive! La looks sport and la bella lots of spikes is less than 2 bucks at Walmart.

edited to add- your routine sounds great!!!

joflakes
May 28th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Your hair is amazing! I'm so jealous!

Mingle
May 28th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Thank you, Joflakes! :3

Starla, nice! I'll look into those. Hopefully they don't contain silicones or drying alcohols.

Redhead Rebel
May 28th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Wow your hair is gorgeous :thud: ! My hair is the same texture yours is now, but i'm just at BSL, my texture is 2c/3a as when its longer it turns to ringlets around Waist length . I wish my hair was that thick! Have you tried letting your hair drip dry? I'm sure it would be alot curlier then :)

(Also can Henna loosen/straighten your beautiful curls)

neko_kawaii
May 28th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Pretty, pretty waves! At least 2b, if not 2c.

Mingle
May 28th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks guys!

Redhead, I did not know that about henna! Hm. Probably not gonna do it. And what do you mean by "drip dry"?

Redhead Rebel
May 28th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys!

Redhead, I did not know that about henna! Hm. Probably not gonna do it. And what do you mean by "drip dry"?

I'd say your hair is 2b/2c in that photo. Sorry by drip dry I mean after you wash it don't remove any water from it, just let the water drip out of your hair until dry, I find my hair absorbs more moisture that way which makes it curlier.

OUKess
May 28th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Gorgeous hair Mingle!!!

Dandelion6
May 28th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Your hair looks beautiful! I would love to hair type you...2b/2c:D

Mingle
May 29th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you, OUKess and Dandelion! :D

Yeah, it seems 2b is most likely my hair type. Yay! My hair was a lot straighter 2 years ago.

Redhead, I see! Gosh, that would take forever, though. I imagine my hair would get weighed down and take hours to dry. What do you do to prevent your back from getting soaked? :p