PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else never get split ends?

marymonster
May 27th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Even the couple times I've SEVERELY damaged my hair, I've never gotten split ends. I've checked. When my ends gets damaged they just get really tangly, irreparably dry, and they don't curl. Does anyone else not get split ends?

jacqueline101
May 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I can go months with out them then they appear.

alexis917
May 27th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I get some splits, but my hair usually bends or gets coarse and kinks when damaged.

Macaroni
May 27th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I've never had a split end, it they just get tangly and dry.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 27th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I don't get them, my ends also just get tangly and dry.

BlazingHeart
May 27th, 2013, 11:22 PM
I almost never get them. I go literally years without trims, and the only consequence is that my hair gets slightly uneven from growing out so long - same sort of thing that gives fairytale ends, but my hair doesn't do it by much, so I just get to looking a little scraggly between two and three years.

melusine963
May 28th, 2013, 05:41 AM
I can go months with out them then they appear.

Same here. :) I've recently gone on an s&d mission, but the last time I had to do this was well over six months ago.

Theobroma
May 28th, 2013, 06:26 AM
I almost never get them. I go literally years without trims, and the only consequence is that my hair gets slightly uneven from growing out so long - same sort of thing that gives fairytale ends, but my hair doesn't do it by much, so I just get to looking a little scraggly between two and three years.

I'm the same. I have no splits at all at my hemline if I can lay claim to having a hemline with my current degree of taper. I do get a very small number of splits on hairs that are at the in-between lengths, but I have to look really long and hard to find any and I rarely bother to S&D.

henné
May 28th, 2013, 06:49 AM
I used to not get them, but now I've found a few. But my hair is at hip, so I doubt there are many at that length that don't have them, especially if they wear the hair down at least a couple of times per week.

lapushka
May 28th, 2013, 06:58 AM
No. None. Well, barely. We don't go looking for them, so... Since I'm maintaining ATM, and am having a trim maybe once or twice a year, I think splits or white dots don't get a chance. :D

browneyedsusan
May 28th, 2013, 06:59 AM
I don't have any yet. Maybe my hair is still too "new" for them?

chen bao jun
May 28th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I don't get splits but my hair at the bottom gets tangly and dry and I do get those SSKs that I read somewhere recently are a form of split ends.
But my hair is only brastrap and has never been longer than this, I don't know if I might not get them at longer lengths.
I do have coarse, strong hair.

Venefica
May 28th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I get very little split ends, every now and again I find one but usually not. I do trim and inch or so once a year just to be on the safe side but I do not get much damage to my hair at all. Even when I had a depressive period two years ago where I did not manage to tend to my hair so it ended up in one huge knot that it took two hairdressers several hours untangle by at times pretty harsh brushing and that was after I had tried about everything for a few wears before did I really get any damage. I lost one cm in thickness which have now gown out again for the most part due to hairs pulled out, but no damage to the hairs themselves, and if a hair get bent it straighten right out again. But then I can cut cheese by holding one of my hairs between my fingers so my hair is pretty strong.

UltraBella
May 28th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I don't get split ends and I highlight my hair and often curl it. It just seems to be very resistant to damage.

CurlyMopTop
May 28th, 2013, 06:30 PM
My fine hair breaks before it splits. I do get white dots though.

nobeltonya
May 29th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I find 1 or 2 here and there, but I'm also forever looking for them when I'm sitting anywhere.. generally they're on the thinner or lighter-colored hairs. Most of my hair seems to be turning really thick and coarse, so it's just wiry and frizzy. I also dust my ends every 2-3 weeks b/c I'm OCD about keeping it even, and I also wear it down most of the time so I guess it settles my mind about reducing damage.. XD :disco:

leslissocool
May 29th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I don't get then either. I got breakage from bleach damage (after bleaching like 9 times) but otherwise my hair is just really coarse and strong.

My son has really soft fine hair, and his hair has tons of split ends, so does DH. It seems it's the type of hair.

kelly20364
May 29th, 2013, 08:18 PM
me neither... :)

Cheele
May 30th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Nope. I'm riddled with them and looking upon all of you with envy ;).

Hehe.

Mesmerise
May 30th, 2013, 06:08 AM
I never got split ends with virgin hair! However, with damage I definitely do ;).

jeanniet
May 30th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Above about BSL, no, I don't get them, or very, very few. Longer than that they start appearing, but my hair tends to break rather than split. What's interesting is that since I have a mix of hairs, I can see what type of hairs break and which ones split. F to M hairs split, C hairs break once they develop a spot that's weak enough.

Wanderlust
May 30th, 2013, 05:03 PM
I could count the number of split ends I've had on one hand. But, the longest it's ever been is a few inches below BSL and it was only that long for a short time. I'm curious to see if I'll start getting them as my hair grows longer.